Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
32
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Reckles View Post
    If legs're moving around like crazy, then people are running around and passing the pheremones where they shouldn't. I see it a lot in lfr. Just have one person take control, hit the boss first and disengage/heroic leap/blink to the edge of the room so it doesn't get passed around the raid. Other than that, they don't really move and it's kindof a boring fight to dps.
    Sometimes when he was doing the swipe (or whatever the attack on the tanks is called), the legs were moving a bit left-right-left-right very erratically, so no, not the passing of pheromones... if pheromones were constantly being passed we would be getting crushed to hell (and I'd be stunlocked).

    Anyway, I kinda need to sort out my head a little when it comes to the "cleave" rotation, as I'm kinda torn between AoE and single target mode in my head.

    Like, with the normal single target you build up rage for the colossus smash and spend it when it's up. Whereas with the AoE you basically make sure you have x meat cleaver stacks up before RB:ing. I guess what I should be doing is just the normal single target "rotation" except make sure that before every RB I have 1 stack of meat cleaver? And also replace wild strike (non procc) fillers with whirlwinds... I'm TG anyway and can use the Raging wind glyph for this.
    So I guess I could get a decent amount of cleave damage without really thinking about it. Or something.

    Oh, and is it just me or is one leg constantly standing in shit?

  2. #422
    The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,547
    Hmph, got 2x Execution of Dominions today, and they are simming 1k lower than dual normal Elegions.
    Sigh.

  3. #423
    How the fuck is that possible? Especially since you are Orc. SimCraft may be fucked up then - just wait until you get a gem and see what they do.

    Btw, is there any special effect for Warriors for having a Sha touched weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    How the fuck is that possible? Especially since you are Orc. SimCraft may be fucked up then - just wait until you get a gem and see what they do.

    Btw, is there any special effect for Warriors for having a Sha touched weapon?
    Both are axes :P

    Oh, and adding to my previous post: CD usage on Garalon? I use my first reck to nuke the shit out of legs, but as for the scond one... nuke leg or switch to boss at 20% and pop all cd:s + spam execute on boss? Switch to boss at all when he enters execute range? Stupid questions maybe, I'm sorry.

  5. #425
    Dual N Starshatters simmed at 87k for me and a H Starshatter and N Shin'ka simmed at 93k for me so you must be doing something wrong. That was a Simcraft version ago though and with the gem manually added.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-11-15 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Dual N Starshatters simmed at 87k for me and a H Starshatter and N Shin'ka simmed at 93k for me so you must be doing something wrong. That was a Simcraft version ago though and with the gem manually added.
    You are comparing TG with TG with better weapons... of course it will be higher. He had 2x normal Elegions (SMF) vs 2x Shin'kas (TG). Interesting to see that SMF's superior DPS makes up for that big (or, well, 7 ilvls... understandeable) of a gap in weapon quality, I wonder if SMF with 2x lfr Elegions (or lfr Elegion + lfr scimitar) is better than TG with N starshatter + lfr Starshatter.

  7. #427
    Oops, read that as Starshatters, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    “When people talk about the good old days, I say to people, 'It's not the days that are old, it's you that's old.' I hate the good old days. What is important is that today is good.”
    ― Karl Lagerfeld
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    .

    Anyway, I kinda need to sort out my head a little when it comes to the "cleave" rotation, as I'm kinda torn between AoE and single target mode in my head.
    I'd really like to see some maths on whether or not cleave is worth it on Garalon. I see that most top rankers on wol use it but I'm one of them (rank 4) and I don't use meat cleaver at all on the fight.

  9. #429
    Hey guys I'v read the guide a couple times and I feel as if though I'm doing what it tells me to do but I'm just not seeing the numbers. I feel as if though my guy is gemm'd, enchanted, and geared right http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sferatu/simple but I still see the lack in dps. the execute phase my dps just rockets up so I'm pretty sure I have that down pact (though that isn't hard) I think it's something in my rotation I have to be doing wrong.
    If there's a video out there on how to dps fury I'd really appreciate it all the ones I'v found are out of date.

  10. #430
    High Overlord Rustynip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokfactor View Post
    Hey guys I'v read the guide a couple times and I feel as if though I'm doing what it tells me to do but I'm just not seeing the numbers. I feel as if though my guy is gemm'd, enchanted, and geared right http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sferatu/simple but I still see the lack in dps. the execute phase my dps just rockets up so I'm pretty sure I have that down pact (though that isn't hard) I think it's something in my rotation I have to be doing wrong.
    If there's a video out there on how to dps fury I'd really appreciate it all the ones I'v found are out of date.
    I'm pretty certain that there are some warrior videos out there. I know that Sinnermighty has made a post with PoV raiding videos here, I have some on my twitch page if you click the link in my signature and I'm sure there's more.

    As for your dps, try changing your opener up a little bit because you're still using the direbrew trinket. Use all your CDs (including Reck) until BOTH of your trinket procs are up, then use DR while they're active. The reason for this is because Coren's trinket only procs off of crits (~15% proc rate) so with reck going at the start, you'll have a higher chance of getting your DMC to go off at the same time so that you can stack your Dragon Roar with them. Don't get frustrated if it doesn't proc though. That happened to me a lot when I was still using it. Just make sure you DR while your bloodbath/avatar AND you DMC are active.

  11. #431
    The Patient Reckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    201
    1. Link isn't working for me, Nosferatu. It's right, just isn't pulling up on battlenet.
    2. There's a seperate sticky for "Fixmydps"

  12. #432
    one thing im curious about is if you BT > CS and get 0 RB procs but have a Bloodsurged WS up what should you do? Ive been using HT/Shout outside of Cs window to burn up gcds and pool rage for the cs and I dont always have a Serker rage ready for every cs, sometimes I use it for enrage + DR, I could use HS + shout maybe or use WSx3 but delay bt :S

  13. #433
    Immortal Soisoisoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,407
    7.5% Hit: The hit rating required for Fury Warriors at 90 is 7.5%, which is equal to 2549 hit rating.
    7.5% Expertise: The expertise cap at level 90 is also 7.5% or 2549 rating.
    Shouldn't this be 2550? Surprised no one else commented on that, from what I glanced through anyway.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2012-11-18 at 01:30 AM.

  14. #434
    Hey,

    First of all I must say, great guide. It really explains things clearly and demonstrates the fundamentals of Fury. I have a question, however, regarding the glyph of Raging Wind. Why do you only recommend the usage of this glyph as TG? In other words, what is it about SMF which makes this glyph less attractive?

  15. #435
    Because Whirlwind is weapon damage and TG benefits more from weapon damage than SMF does.

  16. #436
    how much crit % should I have before I switch to fury from arms? or would it depend more on the weapons i have?

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post
    Because Whirlwind is weapon damage and TG benefits more from weapon damage than SMF does.
    But most of Fury's abilities have a weapon damage component, for which SMF has a passive which increases damage dealt and off-hand damage by 35%, which should balance SMF's weapon damage and make that point negligible.

  18. #438
    SMF's wild strike hits harder compared to SMF's whirlwind than TG's wild strike does compared to TG's whirlwind, thanks to SMF giving both the +35% all damage but also the +35% off-hand damage on top of that, and WS scaling with just off-hand weapon damage. So for SMF wild strike is always better than WW on a single target, with or without the glyph. For TG WW is a little bit better than a 30 rage wild strike, at least when glyphed.
    Last edited by Rhia; 2012-11-18 at 02:28 PM.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    But most of Fury's abilities have a weapon damage component, for which SMF has a passive which increases damage dealt and off-hand damage by 35%, which should balance SMF's weapon damage and make that point negligible.
    That partially balances out the damage gap of weapon based abilities between the two but they still hit harder as TG while the AP based abilities usually hit harder as SMF.

    While most of your rotational abilities hit harder as TG, SMF's advantage comes from mostly Execute and auto attack damage. Our two piece tends to favor TG because Bloodthirst comprises a larger percentage of that spec's damage.
    Chapterhouse#1107
    Armory

  20. #440
    High Overlord Rustynip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by zolakt View Post
    how much crit % should I have before I switch to fury from arms? or would it depend more on the weapons i have?
    I would say, at minimum, have two 463 weapons and 20-21% unbuffed crit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •