The cinematics leave me misty eyed, every time

I don't know what makes me be so ******* emotional but each one of the cinematics for this game just strikes a cord in me at some point.

In the Hope cinematic when the Trooper says "For the Republic!" and "With each battle there are fewer of us..." with the flares, and when Satele appears and saves him.

In Deceived when the Jedi gets stabbed and a look of utter "WTF how did this happen" is on his face.

In Return when Satele cries "Master!" and throws her master her light saber and he fights 2 Sith at the same time with a double lightsaber AND a single blade.

The game is good but the cinematics are superb. Maybe it's the Star Wars nostalgia and good writing compared to Ep. I, II, III which left me empty except for Liam Neeson's perfomance, I dunno.

Bioware embraced well the Star Wars sentiment and I guess your in the 20-30 generaion like most of us that grew with Star Wars so there is always a mystic factor

Hhmmm.. honestly whenever I see cinematics, in this, or any game, my only thoughts tend to be.. "Not again.." and, "I want to do the cool stuff, not watch a cinematic of someone else doing cool stuff." That's just me though, and it's not discounting the quality of the cinematics, nor the obvious effort put into them. They're impressive in their own right, but.. I feel how I feel. No less cool though, glad you enjoy them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the cinematics were very, very well done and were a bit emotional and I really hope they do a few more because they were pretty outstanding (imo), my favorite would have to be Hope for pretty much the same reasons, it has so much depth to hit, I'll admit I'm a hardcore empire fan boy but every time I see that cinematic it makes me want to roll a pub and kick some imp ass.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel the emotion that I have from othe cinematics, but they are intensely captivating. I thought no one could outdo Blizz cinematics, but then when I saw the intro for SWTOR I was blown away. It makes me wonder why some of these companies don't branch off their cinematics department into full scale movie studios.

Even if they put out one movie every 1-2 years, they would make a ton of money. I would pay $15 to watch 2 hours of cinematics that look as high quality as they make in 3D.

Cinematics are awesome indeed. But Bioware outsourced them to Blur Studios, just keep that in mind when giving credit to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The cinematics can be pretty pricey to produce. It's most likely the one big factor stopping these gaming companies from making a full-blown movie production out of them.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    The cinematics can be pretty pricey to produce. It's most likely the one big factor stopping these gaming companies from making a full-blown movie production out of them.
    There are other companies making similar quality movies, granted of a different and less needed detail of a style. It wouldn't be that expensive compared to the rest of companies doing a similar product.

When it is the company themself making the movie, and not outsourcing to someone like Blur...you'll find the expenses get reigned in heavily.

On a side note, I just watched the cinematic for "Guardians of Middle Earth" on Blur's website...holy eff bombs. I didn't even know they were making a LOTR MOBA. I am actually intrigued.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is good but the cinematics are superb. Maybe it's the Star Wars nostalgia and good writing compared to Ep. I, II, III which left me empty except for Liam Neeson's perfomance, I dunno.
    I agree with the I and II but the third ep is ultimately better than any of the previous episodes. The circle ends and it's the only movie where the actor who played Anakin was actually "acting". Add the performances of Palpatine and Obi-Wan, the effects (which honestly rule to this day), the battles, the emotions .. revenge of the sith is as perfect as it could be.

Thought I have to agree that the nostalgia is pretty big and that if someone (definitely not Lucas, too old for directing now) was to made a new Star Wars movie I'd be pretty happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I don't know what makes me be so ******* emotional but each one of the cinematics for this game just strikes a cord in me at some point.
    I agree entirely. The cinematics in this game left me with chills. I was a little choked up, too. They did a really amazing job at them.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

Cinematics in SWTOR are very good, wouldn't argue there. Blur Studios did superb job, just as usual. Can't wait for SWTOR to go free so that I can finally finish it.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    if they used the unreal engine 3, they could have made the scenes as ingame cinematics instead, and they would've looked awesome still