Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Musik View Post
    If you want to play it I'd recommend just buying a corded 360 controller, which is also awesome to have if you play any FPS games on your PC.
    This is the best troll on MMO-Champion for 2012.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    I was very excited for Dark Souls and now that I've tried it on PC, I just want to stab someone with a fork.

http://i47.tinypic.com/avj213.jpg This image was taken from the PC version of the game. My PC doesn't have a Left stick, nor a red circular B.

This is what I get greeted with. A game where no effort is put into making it playable on the PC.
    I wrote a Steam Support ticket regarding this.

Ok its simple ...we kill the batman

no wait wrong simple

OK Its simple ...we plug our Xbox controller into the pc

dan nar problem solved

is this game any good?

And OP has left the building.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 12:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    is this game any good?
    The game itself is amazing but with the PC port the resolution is limited along with fps (Which after 30mins of release has been fixed with a mod) and the issue that OP has which can simply be overcome (Possibly a mod in time) plugging in a controller or figuring out what each Xbox key is on your keyboard.

Wow, lots of douchebag comments from people here.

The OP is warning people not to buy the game because its so badly ported its actually insulting. And the fact its got extra stuff added to the game over the console version shows its not down to lack of budget or 'wanting the game to be bad', but simply a lack of desire to make it compatible with the standard PC controls (for whatever twisted reason they have).

You shouldn't have to buy an Xbox controller. End of story. And if the fact the game isn't programmed properly isn't directly in the game information, it doesn't matter how many websites are printing the developer's statements - it should have been clearly labelled on the product.

The only reason I can think they did this was to sell Xbox controllers to people who would otherwise never need one. Because no other PC game does, and mouse and keyboard is vastly superior in any case.

To the OP, thanks for the warning. I won't be buying this game, despite having interest in it. Hope you get somewhere with your email.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    FPS + controller on a PC?

WHAT IS THIS.
    For those who desire to self-nerf themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Wow, lots of douchebag comments from people here.
    I'd consider it a douchebag thing to insult others with the beginning of a post with this post being somewhat hypocritical its purely to show an example of what you have done. Right away your insulting others for their view on the matter.

The OP is warning people not to buy the game because its so badly ported its actually insulting. And the fact its got extra stuff added to the game over the console version shows its not down to lack of budget or 'wanting the game to be bad', but simply a lack of desire to make it compatible with the standard PC controls (for whatever twisted reason they have).
    They said straight out that the port was going to be bad, If people don't look into a game much at all honestly it's their own fault the developers truthfully said the port was bad and that they lack the experience, They ported it over FOR the fans not for the money incase you didn't know there was a large petition that successfully got the game ported.

You shouldn't have to buy an Xbox controller. End of story. And if the fact the game isn't programmed properly isn't directly in the game information, it doesn't matter how many websites are printing the developer's statements - it should have been clearly labelled on the product.
    It was clearly labeled on the product but steam did not for obvious reasons as it would turn off sales. And I agree you shoudn't have to get a controller but honestly who buys a game straight out without seeing what people that have tested it have to say. This is the equivalent of OP buying invisibility powder and learning that it doesn't work.

The only reason I can think they did this was to sell Xbox controllers to people who would otherwise never need one. Because no other PC game does, and mouse and keyboard is vastly superior in any case.
    As I said before it was ported over because of a petition, The developers just gave what their fans wanted and warned them multiple times that it will be a bad port and ontop of this their giving EVERYONE the DLC for FREE because the port isn't great.

Article on the petition for a port: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/0...-windows-live/

Article on the difficulty to port: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-issues-remain

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...epare-to-sigh/

http://www.bluh.org/?p=263
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-24 at 01:07 AM.

So to play the game on the PC, I would have to go out and pay 30+$ for this controller just so I can play it? How is that okay?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Musik View Post
    It's very unfortunate that the PC controls are terrible. If you want to play it I'd recommend just buying a corded 360 controller, which is also awesome to have if you play any FPS games on your PC. I can completely understand not spending the extra money though. You shouldn't have to buy a controller, they should have just gotten the game to work better on the PC.
    But... I... What? .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    So to play the game on the PC, I would have to go out and pay 30+$ for this controller just so I can play it? How is that okay?
    It's not okay, Im unable to see how playable it actually is with a KB and mouse.

Im mostly just commenting on people bashing the developers and not looking into a game before purchasing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post

Because the PC community petitioned for them to port it over and they stated multiple times the port woudn't be the best and that they lack the experience.
    So they are a company instead of giving us a bad port they should have said no. May developers done that before, so why wouldn't they. That they lack experience for a bad port and warning in advance is not a excuse. They can simply say No. Its just lazy design there are less experience developers out there that can atleast show the pc controls. And do not come with the controler excuse i bought a pc for mouse and keyboard with that reasoning you could say that when i get my chinese food with sticks. That i shoudl get a fork instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a xbox pc compatible controller for a very long time for games like NeedforSpeed on PC, so I am not worried one bit about the controller problems. This is old old old news to everyone

BESIDES, any problems this game has can or will be fixed with mods. Plenty of games are bad ports and mods always fix the problem.

I would love to add anyone to my steam friends right now that would like someone to play with or help out a first time player.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2012-08-24 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    So they are a company instead of giving us a bad port they should have said no. May developers done that before, so why wouldn't they. That they lack experience for a bad port and warning in advance is not a excuse. They can simply say No. Its just lazy design there are less experience developers out there that can atleast show the pc controls. And do not come with the controler excuse i bought a pc for mouse and keyboard with that reasoning you could say that when i get my chinese food with sticks. That i shoudl get a fork instead
    http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...-me-cancer.jpg

They told everyone that it was going to be a bad port, People didn't mind and still wanted it aslong as it was open to modding which it is. The developers are based in Japan which speaks for itself as the gaming community for PC over there is very small compared to console. They have absolutely NO experience and seriously, Your bashing on a company that did this for the fans they were honest the entire time stating so many times that they apologize that it will be bad but their doing it for the fans. Their not in it for the money they just want to please their fan base.

The sad thing is if they did refuse to port it because they know it would lack quality the community would still be upset, Theres absolutely no way to please everyone and as I said before if you buy something without looking into it first then its your own fault and noone elses, Atleast they actually warned everyone instead of keeping it quiet.

And do not come with the controler excuse i bought a pc for mouse and keyboard with that reasoning you could say that when i get my chinese food with sticks.
    With that logic I could also say I bought a pc for mouse and keyboard (FPS,RTS,MMO), not console based adventure games.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-24 at 01:18 AM.

Good warning OP. I had a mind of purchasing it myself and now I know I won't.

Also funny people gasping at the idea of playing with KB+M. What are you all 16 year olds?! When I started playing consoles didn't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by burzum View Post
    Also funny people gasping at the idea of playing with KB+M. What are you all 16 year olds?! When I started playing consoles didn't even exist.
    I fail to see the point of this post.

I think for the most part people are gasping at the fact the developers admitted to the game not being optomized for PC yet some still insist on complaining and playing with KB+M.

Someone ported a console game to the PC and it sucked? Alert the internet!

Please keep all discussion of Dark Souls for PC to the already existing thread.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...PC-August-24th