Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    I'm looking at steam store and cannot find a single PC exclusive game or game that isn't a shit port that interests me at all.

And don't tell me to buy an indie-game. I didn't buy a 680 to play a game that could run on a gameboy advance.
    I got a, like, 3 year old computer. It's quite out of date for alot of modern titles. I don't complain. Why do you complain? Why does your enjoyment depend on whether it's a PC port or console port?
    I'd just say you got burned out by gaming. Get a different hobby. Maybe try a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had any of these problems you speak of with my PC. Played Skyrim, ME3 for recent titles. Both played fantastically. Just bought Dark Souls last night, no issues with the port. Got a mod and it up scaled to 1080p fine. Looks great, no loss in FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    I got a, like, 3 year old computer. It's quite out of date for alot of modern titles. I don't complain. Why do you complain? Why does your enjoyment depend on whether it's a PC port or console port?
    I'd just say you got burned out by gaming. Get a different hobby. Maybe try a sport.
    lol. Why do you assume i dont have other hobbies?

I work full time and im a part-time personal trainer/natural bodybuilder with a 5 day split. And I enjoy gaming. Always have...

Try a sport...what do you think I am some 15 year old fat ginger child?
    Last edited by Sussex; 2012-08-24 at 12:50 PM.

I'm more sick of dealing with the shit that comes with playing on a PC. Seemingly constructed problems at that.

1/ DRM. So much DRM.

2/ Being completely unable to resale my games, or buy second hand.

3/ Viruses.

4/ Lag.

5/ Crappy ports that can't even get the controls sorted properly, let alone be released relatively bug free.

6/ Decent ports coming out well after console release, and often still just feel like a console game (menus especially).

7/ High prices, combined with higher hardware costs = ripped off.

8/ Lack of text chat in many new games. Combined with very poor voice chat, which is often forced.

9/ Many games never come to PC, even if they would be perfectly suited to it - Red Dead Redemption anyone?

10/ Graphics and gameplay is anchored by consoles, since companies want to release on as many platforms as possible. Xbox is the prime suspect here, please die and be replaced by the 720 already so we can move on.

11/ Forced use of Steam and/or Origin.

12/ No offline play on many new games, even single player ones.

13/ No LAN play.

14/ DLC instead of proper expansions.

Now not all of these are caused by the popularity of consoles. But they are all annoyances that need to either go or be reduced.

There are so few new releases that even feel like PC games anymore. The golden days are over, at least for the time being. And the usual responce is 'just buy a console then', which is so knuckleheaded a responce I don't even think I can bring myself to counter it quite yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how people are attacking me without even reading my thread...farrrrk bro ive prob been PC gaming longer than most of these people trying to give me shit about the mouse/keyboard remarks.

I play for the GAMES, not for the fucking controls. I need both to work well together...so yes mouse/keyboard is better for some things and controller is better for others. But I don't want to spend hard earned cash on a PC when Im going to have to deal with all the crap because of so many games being ported (or not ported at all)

Super Mario 64. Arguably one of the best video games in history, would you play it with a keyboard/mouse? FUCK NO!.

Get what im trying to say?
    I wasn't replying to you.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Im over it. Seriously...just so over it.
    well, okay.

Then dont play the PC? instead of whine like a little baby girl on the forums.

Nobody cares, move on.
    Last edited by Phoef; 2012-08-24 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    I'm more sick of dealing with the shit that comes with playing on a PC. Seemingly constructed problems at that.

1/ DRM. So much DRM.

2/ Being completely unable to resale my games, or buy second hand.

3/ Viruses.

4/ Lag.

5/ Crappy ports that can't even get the controls sorted properly, let alone be released relatively bug free.

6/ Decent ports coming out well after console release, and often still just feel like a console game (menus especially).

7/ High prices, combined with higher hardware costs = ripped off.

8/ Lack of text chat in many new games. Combined with very poor voice chat, which is often forced.

9/ Many games never come to PC, even if they would be perfectly suited to it - Red Dead Redemption anyone?

10/ Graphics and gameplay is anchored by consoles, since companies want to release on as many platforms as possible. Xbox is the prime suspect here, please die and be replaced by the 720 already so we can move on.

11/ Forced use of Steam and/or Origin.

12/ No offline play on many new games, even single player ones.

13/ No LAN play.

14/ DLC instead of proper expansions.

Now not all of these are caused by the popularity of consoles. But they are all annoyances that need to either go or be reduced.

There are so few new releases that even feel like PC games anymore. The golden days are over, at least for the time being. And the usual responce is 'just buy a console then', which is so knuckleheaded a responce I don't even think I can bring myself to counter it quite yet.

Wow you literally read my mind. EVERY SINGLE POINT YOU MADE...has been giving me the shits for years.

Im not burnt out. I barely even play games these days, at least compared to how much I use to play. Gaming for me use to be like a 2nd full time job, but now i'll go weeks/months without playing a game.
    You are burnt out on games. Plain and simple. Deny it all you want, but that is what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    RPGs are about 1000 times better on PCs than consoles
    For this gaming generation, that could be a valid argument. But overall, no. There aren't any RPGs on the PC that even come close to the ones I played on SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, and PS2. Of course you can port them to the PC, but that doesn't count.

Im over it. Seriously...just so over it.

N64 was my last console. I got into PC gaming around 1997 with Age of Empires. It's 2012 now, 15 years of PC gaming. I can say the first 10 years were amazing, but the past 5 years has been pretty bloody pathetic.

I thought hey..maybe it's because I haven't built a beast rig in awhile, maybe if I do that I'll get back into it more and start enjoying it. But nope. Built a new rig (3570k/GTX680 etc) bought a bunch of games, mainly all PC exclusives, tried a bunch of the free 2 play ones. And I just don't like enjoy any of them. Not to mention I am limited to what games I can buy or play because I refuse to buy half-arsed ports.

The Dark Souls port has pushed me over the edge tonight. I am fucking sick of this shit. I'm not going to force myself into trying to enjoy this stuff anymore. It's time I go back to consoles with that relaxed laid back feeling. And when a new game comes out I wont have to worry about if it's being ported properly. I'll just buy it and stick it in the fucking thing.

Yay, new gaming rig and all I'm using it for is online banking/emails/google/youtube.

So when's the next generation of consoles coming out in full force? I'm going back to them and I don't care about the advantages PC has, I'm so far gone and over dealing with this shit. The whole mouse+keyboard thing I use to always think "How could I ever play without it" But then I realized...wait a minute...I don't even fucking play FPS games anymore and keyboard + mouse fucking sucks in pretty much most games besides PC exclusives like WoW or SC2 etc.

So is it gaming in general thats been really lacking the past few years? Or is it just the constant shit I have to deal with and are limited with on the PC. "New game announced!" (Oh but PC release is after...and its gona be a direct shitty port, soz guys...you'll still have to pay full price for it anyways even if the experience you get is pretty much identical to the consoles because we're too lazy to make an actual PC version heheheh!!!)
    I hate to say this, but maybe you've just outgrown gaming. Nothing lasts forever, and going back to consoles is only going to piss you off more.

Find a new hobby?

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounds like OP made a mistake upgrading their PC. He probably would have been happier without dropping all that coin on a top tier video card, that way he could legitimately enjoy the indie games that are coming out that are fun, although technically inferior.

OP, you also talk a lot about everything you hate and not much about what you like. You sound like a very negative person and that makes it hard to help. But you did mention you liked Diablo, but hated "that grinding shit". Well if you like the ARPG gameplay, I suggest looking into Torchlight 2 and Path of Exile. They aren't out yet, but might scratch where you itch. There's also FPS ARPG (you said you hate FPS's though), in the form of Borderlands / Borderlands 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    For this gaming generation, that could be a valid argument. But overall, no. There aren't any RPGs on the PC that even come close to the ones I played on SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, and PS2. Of course you can port them to the PC, but that doesn't count.

Agreed in part with this. Many of the greatest RPG's were on the NES and SNES. Though I'd say modern Action RPG's are best on PC.

And my favourite RPG ever, Planescape Torment, just wouldn't work on console at all. It would be about as good as Starcraft 64.

Consoles are amazing for fighting games though. Tekken and Street Fighter don't work on keyboard.

Deleted
    RPG:
    Skyrim
    Risen 2: Dark Waters
    Fallout 3 & New Vegas
    KOTOR 1&2
    Mass Effect 1&2&3
    Drakensang: Dark Eye
    Dragon Age: Origins & Awakening
    The Witcher1&2

Action:
    The Saboteur
    GTA San Andreas& IV
    Assasins Creed 1&2
    Alan Wake
    Fable 3
    Deus Ex. Human Revolution
    Alice Madness Returns
    Just Cause 2
    The Godfather
    Hitman : Blood Money
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction
    Gun
    Psychonauts

Adventure:
    Syberia 1&2
    L.A. Noire
    The Book of Unwritten Tales
    Deponia
    The Longest Journey 1&2
    Still Life 1&2
    Sanitarium

Give them a try
    Last edited by mmoc76b2c943a2; 2012-08-24 at 01:11 PM.

Deleted
    Woa woa... Wait a minute. If you're only going to play adventure action games, final fantasy rpgs, or street fighter likes, or arcade racing, or survival horror, or beat them all, of course you should play on a console...

I'm a fervent defender of the mouse+keyboard combo too on PC or for FPS/RTS/simulations but it just can't match a good paddle for these kinds of consoles games. Just like you would prefer a stick for a session of street fighter or any fighting game, and a wheel + pedals combo for a racing simulation.

And yes, it's been more than 15 years since the market oriented towards consoles. But still, the mandatory console pad can't manage, or only poorly, styles like FPS, may they been nervous quake like or simulation-like, or incorporating advanced options like leaning or different crouching levels. Wich explains why only poor games with shitty controls appears on consoles, impersonated by CoD and its clones. "Press X to reload, hurr durr".

You must choose between PC gaming, like RTS, simulations, city builders, MMO's, and console gaming like cod/halo/kiddies fps, arcade racing, competitive fighting games, if you want to only play on one platform.

Sure, PC gamers are treated like underdogs whith unfinished products while console players gets the shiny herp-derp-AAA-buy-my-shit-it's-only-80$ games, but pc has mods, conversions, all the competitive games, oldies you can buy for 2$, steam, dematerialised shops, the largest multiplayer games you can find people to play with even YEARS after the game went out (wich even helps to create sequels like planetside 2 recently when an editor realises a reboot would be a good idea) and is really pushing gaming industry forward.

But yeah it can be seriously fucked up to manually patch games, tweak graphics engine, and so on. On the other hand, consoles still can't manage antialiasing properly... And tend to become PC's overtime. keyboards, hard disk drives, even mouses emulating the sticks, this product being used by all the cool cod kids who discovered it's easier to aim with. Yeah no shit Sherlock.

So tl;dr:

Chose whatever platform you want, but do it knowing perfectily what you want from these platforms in terms of games.

IE: think software, not hardware.
    Last edited by mmocf4b615a1a4; 2012-08-24 at 01:13 PM.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So do something else for a while. Come back to it later. Or not.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep...he missed the point. He just saw "mouse keyboard sucks" and rage-replied as soon as he could without even thinking.

I meant mouse-keyboard sucks because 99% of new games coming on are all specifically made for consoles/controllers and when they get ported to PC the mouse/keyboard support is fucking horrid.

Mouse+keyboard is GREAT....for the ENTIRE ONE PERCENT of new games that aren't shitty console ports and are PC only exclusives.
    I didn't rage reply, I just stated all I wanted to say.

It's pretty obvious you're bored of gaming or just looking at the wrong games.

PC gaming is far superior to PS3/Xbox and if you really are as bad a player as you sound with mouse/keyboard, what's so hard about plugging your controller in?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    what's so hard about plugging your controller in?
    Not everyone owns one. Or wants to.

Poorly programmed consoles don't equal 'you're a bad gamer'. From what I've heard, the devs of Dark Souls made the controls bad on purpose - either to spite people who demanded they sell more games (which makes no sense since they added more to the game?) or they are being handed a bung by Microsoft in a bid to sell more controllers (which seems...very minor, petty and ultimately pointless to even seriously consider). So it makes no sense really!

Just because indie games are less graphically intensive doesn't mean you shouldn't play them on your beast computer. I too have been a long fan of PC games, but I have found that many of these indie titles are absolutely fabulous.

Don't let a narrow mind bring you down, these indie games help freshen the stale downtimes of waiting for more masterpieces.

what's so hard about plugging your controller in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Not everyone owns one. Or wants to.
    Sounds like a big problem for someone who DOESN'T play on PC.

If you think Keyboard and Mouse sucks for gaming, just wow.

99% of the time, Keyboard and Mouse beat a joypad.
    And even if you prefer a joypad, HEY-OH! PLUG ONE IN!

Try plugging in a keyboard, mouse, or different controller on a sexbox or sexstation. See what happens :P

@OP: Did you consider GW2?
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I don't like PC gaming either. Besides MMOS (but I'm not one of those people to try 8 MMOs. I only played WoW and LoL past 2 years, and LoL I played 8 matches only).

For like game games that come out, it's gotta be a console for me, I need to be able to sit in front of my big screen TV and play. I don't like PC versions lol. Sometimes it has a few advantages but I still don't wanna be stuck on my PC to play a nonMMO.