Haswell in 2013 for laptops

Hey, I was really looking forward to buying a new laptop but recently, I've been reading about Haswell and it's new architechture, and I stumbled upon this: http://www.tech-faq.com/intel-haswel...tery-life.html

Given how most laps give like 8 hours batterylife currently, this looks like a huge leap.. not to mention the incread processor power and the 5x-better-than-sandy GPU-unit.

Would you recommend I wait couple of months for this? A lap might come in handy if im going to start my studies, but waiting couple of months might not be that bad given how much more improvement is there going to be.
    Last edited by Mistgard; 2012-08-24 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haswell won't be out until mid 2013, so you're going to be waiting almost a year if you do.

If battery life is the #1 most important thing in your life, I would say wait. Otherwise, Ivy just got here and is a great value.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

That 24h battery life is with external display or display turned off. Monitor is already the biggest battery drain in laptops after gaming GPU, not the processor.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    It's not worth waiting.

It will be another year before you'll be able to get one reliably. Remember, they launched Ivy Bridge in March and it wasn't available until May.

They always exaggerate their progress to build up hype. If you need a Laptop, get one now. If not, then wait until you do.