Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Except the police managed to directly shoot 9 or 10 innocent bystanders or wound them with their bullet fragments.
    Police responding to a shooting in progress will have elevated levels of adrenalin. You really cant predict your reactions in that situation. many police offices can go years without needing to use there weapon in the line of duty. i think its posable that large amounts of adrenalin can make your hands a bit shaky, so your accuracy is going to suffer some. the officers response in not the issue.. its the shooters response to being fired that's the central issue. this whole thing is clearly his fault.

Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    Police responding to a shooting in progress will have elevated levels of adrenalin. You really cant predict your reactions in that situation. many police offices can go years without needing to use there weapon in the line of duty. i think its posable that large amounts of adrenalin can make your hands a bit shaky, so your accuracy is going to suffer some. the officers response in not the issue.. its the shooters response to being fired that's the central issue. this whole thing is clearly his fault.
    The cops are being paid not to have an elevated level of adrenaline. They're being paid to be professionals, but they act as a bunch of thugs.

This is funny, you're saying that its the shooters fault that those other 9 people got shredded by police fire? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    The cops are being paid not to have an elevated level of adrenaline. They're being paid to be professionals, but they act as a bunch of thugs.

This is funny, you're saying that its the shooters fault that those other 9 people got shredded by police fire? I don't think so.
    yes its the shooters fault for provoking a police response at that time and place. clearly the shooter could have chosen a much safer location for killing his boss, such as ambushing his boss at home. a home with presumably a lower population density and wood construction.... less chance for stray rounds hitting by standers. He is clearly inconsiderate as well as a murder.

Should the shooter expect a high level of restraint from the police. hey i have people around me its my own personal human shield. we are talking about stray rounds and fragments. those have unknown flight paths. i think the police reaction is less then ideal. but until your in the position of responding to a shooting in progress. reserve judgment.

paid to not have elevated levels of adrenalin... that put a smile on my face.. thank you.
    Last edited by tombstoner139; 2012-08-28 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have a gun problem, we have a gun control problem, we have a problem with people dying every day because of all the guns we have that are easy to attain. Fuck yes the media should cover this, fuck yes the media should be anti-gun. They aren't blowing it up more than it is. A shooting just happened in front of the empire state building. Random shootings in mid-town manhattan isn't something that is normal, it's not a ghetto.

Maybe it's the people that think "oh just another shooting, just another person dead" are the ones who have the issues.

---------- Post added 2012-08-24 at 10:29 AM ----------

Actually there were more victims, more than two people were killed and at this very moment it's 8-10 shot.
    Gun control laws aren't going to do anything about the illegal guns that are already in circulation

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If every citizen had a gun then they could have shot the gun man!

Let's see how long that little ditty shows its head.
    We're not allowed to carry guns in N.Y.

So how would banning guns help if people are still carrying them?

Quote Originally Posted by Charitystar View Post
    We're not allowed to carry guns in N.Y.

So how would banning guns help if people are still carrying them?
    Yes - i wonder how hard it is to get a gun in NY when all you have to do is drive to another city to get one... If you ban guns nationally then it would be significantly harder to get guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Yes - i wonder how hard it is to get a gun in NY when all you have to do is drive to another city to get one... If you ban guns nationally then it would be significantly harder to get guns.
    A gun can be manufactured with seven parts from a reasonably equipped machine shop, 4 if all you want is one shot. heck i can make a ring that can fire a bullet when smacked up side someone head. Banning guns will work like banning weed, cocaine, crystal meth, alcohol. You have no expectations that a national ban on guns will be some how more successful then the aforementioned "controlled substances". all you do is make an opportunity for organized crime.

And I'm sure drugs don't exist because we banned them to. Oh wait, it's not that hard to get your hands on drugs (the bad ones )