I leave for uni tmm

As the title says I leave for uni tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone has any advice or anything along those lines, or like something that they would have done differently in college if they could go back. I am in the US btw if that means anything.

Edit: Also of you think there is anything that I should bring that most people overlook and/or regret not bringing, not like obvious things but things =p
    Last edited by Packers; 2012-08-24 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    be yourself, don't succumb to peer pressure in regards to alcohol and drugs and don't attract the wrong kind of attention by being a douche or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't take the assholes in the dormroom next door too seriously.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-24 at 02:20 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

Drink less study more and always use a condom, thats all you need to know about uni.

Do people actually spell tomorrow as tmm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Use your words and type correctly. The sooner you get into good habits, the easier it is.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Deleted
    Study plenty, its on you to take it all in.
    Be open to being challenged in your thinking.
    Find money for every class trip if you can, they are nearly always useful and will be referred to back in class.
    Studying/working in a group will often make coursework easier and give you people to bounce ideas off of. Make friends and make sure you all contribute.

No regrets for me personally, though I know I didn't study as hard as I could have.

What are you studying?

Quote Originally Posted by Plasticpaddy View Post
    Study plenty, its on you to take it all in.
    Be open to being challenged in your thinking.
    Find money for every class trip if you can, they are nearly always useful and will be referred to back in class.
    Studying/working in a group will often make coursework easier and give you people to bounce ideas off of. Make friends and make sure you all contribute.

No regrets for me personally, though I know I didn't study as hard as I could have.

What are you studying?
    Probably majoring in business administration.

Don't forget why you're there: to get an education and make something of yourself. You can have fun on the weekends, just don't let fun/partying consume you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkside of the rock, at the bottom of your garden
    Don`t act stupid to you tutors, or bad mouth them! Treat all other students and tutors like they were very good friends that you would not like to upset, it`ll work out better in the long run !

If your assignments get the "hatchet job" by you tutors, try and understand what it was you missed, ask for feedback, lots and lots of feedback, this is about YOU, and asking for feedback is vital.

Do not be afraid to ask "dumb" questions, if 99% of the class get it, and you don`t, well ask away, you`ll never know when you`ll need that extra point.

Do not be afraid to ask for help from student services, for report writing, maths or any other problems you may encounter, their job is to help you, and other students.

If something happens that will or is affecting your study / project work, let you main tutor know ASAP, as they can take this into consideration and you may get a concession. Remember all discussions of this kind are personal, and confidential.

If you say after you got poor marks on your work that there was something going on in your personal life, then it will be harder to lodge an appeal, being honest is the best solution, and the uni can offer you better support if they understand what it is that's happening in your personal life, they have seen just about every problem, and they are there to help out students.

Study hard, but don`t over do it, you need "down time" to chill out and relax(dont over do the relax bit either)

Have fun

I am on a BA in Business & management degree, in the 2nd year of 3.
    I`m also a mature student, who worked in construction for over 20 years, so you never too old to learn new tricks :P
    Last edited by Ranualf; 2012-08-24 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't as hard as high school makes it out to be. If you took Honours/IB/AP classes in high school, than they over prepare you for your first year of college. Yes, there is work involved, but it isn't 8 page essay every night sort of work unless you really get fucked over by your classes.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream