Necrotic Strike change.

Necrotic Strike, as well as the new talent Death Siphon, both cost a Death Rune

I had missed this change in all the notes. I loved everything about the new DK changes for the most part, except this. This really bothers me, I understand that it will hopefully be a balance change that will deal with pvp issues, but my first reaction was "Wtf, god dammit Blizz..."

We've used Nec Strike to hold pressure. We have different ways of pressuring now with better stuns and slows (think chillblains as unholy, remorseless winter, etc). So now, you won't mindlessly spam Nec Strike but use Scourge Strike and throw in a Nec Strike when you can to balance out damage + slow cast + a bit of healing absorb. 60k necrotic strike stacks at lvl85? No. More like 20k and it will be healed through, but it does allow for more pure damage output using scourge strike and using it with a brain (think using necrotic when enemy casters uses an ability to increase casting speed)

I do like that it seems a bit more strategic in use, but in practice I've seen things like that eventually just get phased out in use or forgotten about at key times.

and those small things make all the difference between rank 1 players /glads and other not-so-capable-at-pvp players. They're increasing the overall skillcap quite a bit in mop with more dynamic things like Symbiosis and situational uses. but even small things today on live make a difference that many people dont use e.g. Warriors using demoralizing shout vs physical damage dealers.

Yeah, I suppose ti does add a bit of skill progression to the over-all pvp scheme, which I don't see negatively at all. I just didn't think it was too big of an issue having Necro for pvp inl ieu of your Obliterate/Scourge Strike. Could end up being fun in practice though, was just giving my first impression and wondering what others thought. Overall, it's not a world-shattering change by any means of course.

They buffed it quite a bit to compensate for only having ~half as many NSes. The tongues part doesn't get healed off immediately any more. NS is fine.

I'm glad they changed Necrotic Strike to cost Death Runes instead of Unholy Runes.

All we did was just spam Necrotic Strike in PvP most of the time which was quite boring, now we have so much more spells to use (and a dispel yay \o/).

I am looking forward to everything that we're getting especially Soul Reaper as timing it will be quite tricky (casting it before 35% hp).

Quote Originally Posted by FiXThEPiEcEs View Post
    I'm glad they changed Necrotic Strike to cost Death Runes instead of Unholy Runes.

All we did was just spam Necrotic Strike in PvP most of the time which was quite boring, now we have so much more spells to use (and a dispel yay \o/).

I am looking forward to everything that we're getting especially Soul Reaper as timing it will be quite tricky (casting it before 35% hp).
    But yet the funny thing is it absorbs..... like 5-10% of your hp? (28k absorb with horn as unholy, why the unholy might nerf...) so honestly i just got A LOT weaker than cata.

OT: SS just got weaker as well....MOP is screwed.

Beefkow, that 28k is a bigger deal in MOP, because all healers have static capped mana.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    Beefkow, that 28k is a bigger deal in MOP, because all healers have static capped mana.
    What is that supposed to mean? healers go oom faster? honestly i don't see healers ever going oom, and a healer can easily heal through that, i've witnessed it many times (59k absorption is not enough either).

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. All mana-using classes have a locked down amount of mana, and spells have been changed in such a way that you have to gear for power or regen, so if you zerg a healer, it's quite possible to oom them, or at least stagnate them compared to live, because if they're geared for power, big heals will dry them up fast, and if they're stacking spirit, they won't be able to out-heal the damage and you can crush them.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

The only healers really capable of running oom in the current build on the beta are Disc Priests. I am of course talking of 2s and 3s arena.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Denalian View Post
    The only healers really capable of running oom in the current build on the beta are Disc Priests. I am of course talking of 2s and 3s arena.
    Please play a healer yourself. This is just nonsense.

Healers were difficult to beat, no question, but they now run a lot easier oom. That's without any doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Please play a healer yourself. This is just nonsense.

Healers were difficult to beat, no question, but they now run a lot easier oom. That's without any doubt.
    I hope they go oom fast... it takes 6 dps to take down a healer (again, i've witnessed this and there was probably a healer standing in the back healing the healer).