Deleted

GW2 making me redownload!?!!? HELP

so the game launches tommorow for me since i pre-purchased i launched the client just a second ago to check if there was any patches but its making me redownload 34,000 files!!!!?? which is like the whole game, i checked my install file and its 13gb so the game is there, what is happening why do i need to redownload! it'll take ages and i wont be able to play tommorow help please!

There have been some big patches lately.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-24 at 08:34 PM.

Same and new patch just got released 37 min ago

im installing it as we speak and still have over 150 k files so im sure thats just a patch or something

Deleted
    guess theyre applying the last bits

The entire game is 220.000 files not 34.000 like you're claiming, i know that cause i did a full redownload this morning to be ready for the headstart, so no you don't redownload the entire game just the stuff you're missing which seem to be plenty since you weren't updating the client often enough by the looks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thegr8one123 View Post
    i checked my install file and its 13gb so the game is there
    As of this second the game takes up 16.4 GB on my disk, so you're obviously missing something.

Deleted
    lol I just got worried soz :P Thanks for the info though ill get downloading those last files now I cant wait to play again!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    As of this second the game takes up 16.4 GB on my disk, so you're obviously missing something.
    No, because a clean (fresh) install is going to be smaller than an updated-several-times dat file, due to how the dat file is organized.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Just note - that on mine it looked like it was redownloading, but was in fact re-scanning the files (I got a fatal exception trying to log in and it seemed to be redownloading when I launched again).

If you have a slightly slower system - it may 'look' like it is redownloading it. Give it 5 minutes and see if it finishes.

It doesn't have any visual queue that it was rescanning on mine.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2012-08-24 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patches on GW2status

429,624 Friday 10th August 2012 23:41pm (14 days ago)
    478,764 Friday 24th August 2012 20:17pm (about 1 hour ago)

That's 49140 new files in the last 2 weeks.