Poll: ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Biggest Problem facing 1840s America, 25 years before the end of the Civil War: Should all slaves be freed? Can Free and Slave States co-exist in union?

Biggest Problem facing 2010s America: Can the Federal government pay for your grandmothers's pills and hip replacement surgery while also having the money to do almost anything else while (for some reason) deciding not to raise taxes from historic lows?

The former is a philosophical, existential question.

The latter exists at the intersection of politics, bean counters, and human beings being cheap with their money.

The former lead to a Civil War, where the existence of the nation was thrown into question.

The latter will lead to a political resolution designed by bean counters while human beings pay slightly higher taxes and get over their cheapness.

"Civil War" is a joke brought upon by kids who think that adults vehemently disagreeing actually want to kill each other and a 24 hour news cycle that exists to make even the boring, dramatic.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be a civil war in the Netherlands, even though the people here vary quite a lot depending on which province they live.
    What is worth fighting for?

10+ Year Old Account
    If Mitt Romney is elected, it will come much sooner than thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Honestly the US has been a Powder keg ready to explode for the last decade. I find it funny however that the 'Right' is threatening it if Obama wins again. They really can not stand an African American being president.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Honestly the US has been a Powder keg ready to explode for the last decade. I find it funny however that the 'Right' is threatening it if Obama wins again. They really can not stand an African American being president.
    This is probably the exemplification that political parties, at least in the US, are a thing of the past. There are no true democrats anymore, and there are no true republicans. Unless of course you are a senior citizen that has followed a specific party for decades without deviating from your political beliefs.

Political parties are so antiquated that I'm simply shocked that we Americans still use them to judge candidates.

0% for norway, we are too busy being shit rich over here

10+ Year Old Account
    The U.S. won't be having another civil war any time soon. For lack of a better scenario off the top of my head I'll use the (over-simplified) Red State/Blue State divide. The Red States don't have the manpower to invade and annex the Blue States. The Blue States have better shit to do than play soldiers with the Red States.

Of course I'm biased.

Deleted
    Slim to none. UK.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would depend on your definition of Civil War; for example, were the troubles in Northern Ireland a Civil War?

Deleted
    In my country there is and will be even bigger problem with gypsy parasites, they breeed like rats, never work just leech money from social system, in 25 years the economy may collapse because we wont have enough money to pay social benefits for that scum and then maybe Slovaks will rise up and stop donating gypsies, eventually they will leave or starve and our country will be cleansed of garbage.

No work --> no money, should be motto in healthy economy.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-08-26 at 05:57 PM.

More of a chance of a giant comet hitting the earth then a civil war in the US ...so 0%. Now if you said the chances of a World war ...that would be pretty damn high ..
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2012-08-25 at 12:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatlatitla View Post
    In my country there is and will be even bigger problem with gypsy parasites, they breeed like rats, never work just leech money from social system, in 25 years the economy may collapse because we wont have enough money to pay social benefits for that scum and then maybe Slovaks will rise up and stop donating gypsies, eventually they will leave or starve and our country will be cleansed of garbage.

No work --> no money, should be motto in healthy economy.
    Parasites...rats...scum...garbage.

Sounds a lot like the BNP's description of Eastern Europeans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Parasites...rats...scum...garbage.

Sounds a lot like the BNP's description of Eastern Europeans.
    Slovakia is not in Eastern Europe, so learn geography before you try to insult me.

"Absolute Zero" chance in America.

Nothing is going to happen in the US...those who say it will are nothing but alarmists and blowhards. The actuality is when people say, "daggum we're gonna have a civil war if *insert candidate* is elected!" is just a different way of saying, "Gee I hate that candidate and they shouldn't get votes!!"
    The earth is not a cold dead place

Deleted
    Part of civil war stems from the desperation of the masses. It'd take tragedy on a national scale in one of the first-world countries to trigger one, i think.

More than likely an uprising to take down our crappy government here in the States, not a civil war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatlatitla View Post
    Slovakia is not in Eastern Europe, so learn geography before you try to insult me.
    To someone in Western Europe, all ex-communist block countries are regarded as Eastern Europe. So my point still stands, that how you think of gypsies, is how racists in this country think of you...congratulations, you're second from bottom of the racist league table.

Deleted
    To someone in Western Europe, all ex-communist block countries are regarded as Eastern Europe. So my point still stands, that how you think of gypsies, is how racists in this country think of you...congratulations, you're second from bottom of the racist league table.
    Cyprus (if that is your real location) is in Western Europe ? Since when dear Sir ?

Also I dont think that about all gypsies small minority of them 1-2% actually tries to work and live like any other man, but vast majority of them live in their villages, steal, beat other ppl(even kids in school, teachers) insult anyone, spit on ppl and just wait on 20th day in month, the day when they get benefits from the state for doing nothing at all. Those are the gypsies I despise, not civilized ones.
    Last edited by mmoc74dbc71507; 2012-08-25 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not saying i agree with Hatlatitla (although to say gypsies aren't a nuisance would be a lie), but i have to ask, are we still stuck in block mentalities? I seriously don't see the point. The Czech Republic, for example, is more developed than the UK. So what's the point in calling it a Eastern European country when all that it does is attach negative connotations to it, which simply aren't true? Same goes for Balkans/Southeastern Europe. My country (Croatia) is considered to be a Balkan country by outsiders yet we get extremely angry whenever someone uses the word because there are so many negative connotations and utterly false stereotypes linked to it (at least for Croatia). We're far closer to the culture of Central Europe, yet everyone insists on saying we're in the Balkans, which is just shit because Balkans has become a cultural term, and culturally, we have nothing to do with it.