Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Please post if ArenaNet restored it for you, they haven't responded to my ticket yet. I have a horrible feeling that they're going to say all the items are a 1-time thing.

Deleted
    Still not heard back! I want my pet !

Anyone heard yet? I might contact them via e-mail since they are usually quick at replying in my experience.

---------- Post added 2012-08-26 at 04:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Conscendo View Post
    Please post if ArenaNet restored it for you, they haven't responded to my ticket yet. I have a horrible feeling that they're going to say all the items are a 1-time thing.

The pet isn't 1 time thing though, I assume? You'd assume you'd get it on all characters? If not, I'd be extremely peeved...
    Last edited by mmoc07a213e360; 2012-08-26 at 03:13 PM.

Deleted
    *Bump* still not heard anything...

Hello,

I was sorry to read about the item loss that you have reported, as a result of deleting one of your characters. The in-game items associated with the Digital Deluxe and Collector's Editions of Guild Wars 2 were intended to only be sent to the first character created on the account, as they can be migrated between characters using the in-game bank feature.

When deleting a character, the game prompts the user to acknowledge that the process is permanent, and that any items associated with that character will be irretrievable. As such, we will be unable to provide any form of compensation, as the game mechanics associated with the reported loss are functioning as designed.

Regards,
    GM Xionaque
    The Guild Wars Team
    Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/.../#entry1822199

Quote Originally Posted by Venetia View Post
    Pretty shit to be honest. I feel sorry for the people who lost the pet. I was lucky enough to send it to collectible by habit.

I lost the Chalice of Glory and Tome of Influence however I can live with that.

Take ease if u have paid u shall recieve, bugs may apply the first day's. im so sorry u didn't recieve it without problems today. ur issue will be resolved just post ur issue to a Gm

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Pretty shit to be honest. I feel sorry for the people who lost the pet. I was lucky enough to send it to collectible by habit.

I lost the Chalice of Glory and Tome of Influence however I can live with that.
    I am annoyed because it was the first time I'd logged into the game outside of character creation and 2 minutes into starting area in the beta test. I am not "savvy" on how GW2 runs things. I was not warned that the items in the mail would be deleted and i would never get them again (in fact, I believed that they would be sent out to all characters). I never even got my pet.

Hey there.

We are aware of the issue with Collector’s Edition/Digital Deluxe Edition items going missing after deleting a character that had them. It has happened to many of us, too. A fix is coming as soon as possible, so please stay tuned to the Guild Wars 2 forums once the forums re-open for updates!

Best regards,

also this one

Response Ronald via Email 08/25/2012 06:24 AM
    Hey there,

If you sent your purchased items to the wrong character, you'll be able to transfer them using your account bank that all of your characters share.

If you deleted that character however, we will not be able to recover the lost items at this time. Rest assured we are working on a way to return unused purchased items from deleted characters.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Best Wishes,
    Ron
    Guild Wars Support Team

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 05:23 PM ----------

Those are some of the responses ive seen, Not sure at this point
    Last edited by lito88; 2012-08-30 at 11:23 PM.

Got the items back today, arenanet is my new favorite company.

I got the same e-mail - but no items in the mail...anyone else experiencing the same?

Deleted
    I received an e-mail on Friday saying they were still working on it. I'll give them another week before contacting again.

Even with e-mail, I still haven't received in game - is it weird that a bunch of people got it along with the e-mail and some of us are still waiting?

Deleted
    I still haven't received my items. I've sent them yet another e-mail, I'm beginning to get a bit annoyed. I didn't receive a reply back to my e-mail sent 10 days or so ago, so I've e-mailed them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Only thing I got was the ring.

The ring was for pre-purchase, not for the Digital Deluxe Edition. I didn't know until after release about this.

Unfortunately, you may be waiting a long time to get your items because in the email, it states not to delete your character. However, I didn't notice that until after release. ArenaNet supported the creation, deletion and re-creation steps to get the character name you wanted. It was clearly stated in their character naming process prior to release. I have 12 accounts and the night of release, I created all of the character names I wanted really fast with the most important within seconds of launch. After deleting and recreating, I had most of the items from the Digital Deluxe Edition, but I was missing on two accounts for two characters. I didn't even bother with them because as long as I had the ring which went to all characters, I was happy. The pet is nice, but everything in the deluxe edition will be replaced later in the game and the pet is only given to one character on the account.

If I had known the ring was only for the pre-purchase and not part of the digital deluxe and that all of the items would not be of value after awhile, I wouldn't have purchased that version of the game.

With Guild Wars (first one, not Guild Wars 2), the collector's edition gave permanent in-game things to all characters on the account. There was a cool dance animation that was only seen by players with the collector's edition and it gave value to that version of the game. With Guild Wars 2, the digital deluxe and collector's editions don't give anything permanent to the account. The pet is permanent but for only one character on the account so it gets applied to the first character created on the account. (something I didn't know until after release). If the character is deleted and recreated, that character gets the permanent items.

Send them a mail, I had my items back within 24 hours.