Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish they'd just given us a server where only people in the oceanic region/oceanic ips could connect too, even if it's still based in america. I get really sick of our unofficial server getting jacked and zerged every mmo launch.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2012-08-25 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got in but many of my guild mates couldn't. Even the alternative server is full. I don't see them having a choice but to increase capacity. Overflow servers should handle the excess.

Within 30 minutes or so of servers going up there was already like 10 full servers

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    bit OOC here, but perhaps you don't know yet: There's a new Broken Sword coming, they're trying to fund it via kickstarter. All 2d and point/clicky goodness
    oh maddd!! thanks for that info, I didn't like the newer 3d versions, 2d point and click was much better
    I believe it's time for me to be famous.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I'm going to assume it's American players flooding it. I don't understand why they have to do so, there are plenty of other servers for them to go to.
    The few that stay up through the night or wake up early come to pick a server and go... "hey i wanna be where the action is, this one is high population, ill do that one", suddenly you're flooded with Americans.

I got on early and created my character of Sea of Sorrows. A friend came along about half an hour or an hour later so he couldn't get on and created characters on Gates of Madness. Another friend logged on two hours later and that server was full too.

Deleted
    Worth noting that when my husband finally dragged himself out of bed at 8:30am this morning the server I was on was full and he couldn't create. He went to work, I checked on his account again at around 11am, it was listed at High, but not Full, and I created his chars for him. So even if it was listed at full when you created you may still be able to transfer or create there later.

I'm going Sea of sorrows for two reasons.

1) It's the unofficial Australian Server... Awesome I can fight beside my fellow countrymen.

and

2) It's the unofficial server for both Reddit and 4chan... You know there are gonna be some shenanigans when those two have to share a world

That said I'll probably start on whatever realm is free then xfer later when everything calms down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Reddit isn't on SoS, they're on sorrows furnace I believe.

Typically all the americans wanna be with us oceanics for some reason, some of them just want the server to be populated at all times of the day/night because they are the ultra nerdy and do not want to sleep, ever. Others just wanna look like better players because they only have to compete against people with 300+ MS. Some just think we are super cool and want to be like us. Either way they pretend to be surprised when someone says its the oceanic server and then they madly claim "THIS SERVER IS IN THE US". They're not fooling anyone anyway.
    Which is extremely annoying when it means EVERYONE has to face queues. Thank ANet for overflow.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Reddit isn't on SoS, they're on sorrows furnace I believe.

Typically all the americans wanna be with us oceanics for some reason, some of them just want the server to be populated at all times of the day/night because they are the ultra nerdy and do not want to sleep, ever. Others just wanna look like better players because they only have to compete against people with 300+ MS. Some just think we are super cool and want to be like us. Either way they pretend to be surprised when someone says its the oceanic server and then they madly claim "THIS SERVER IS IN THE US". They're not fooling anyone anyway.

that is true.. its only the noobs that joins aussie servers so they can play against 300+ms players, they get owned if they play against americans so they flood the oceanic servers to have the advantage.
    any americans that play on oceanic servers never get taken seriously anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
    I'm going to assume it's American players flooding it. I don't understand why they have to do so, there are plenty of other servers for them to go to.
    It's a server in the US, so technically it's for Americans. :P

But my guild chose it long before the whole "[Server Name] I CHOOSE YOU!" crap began. We may or may not move, depending on feedback from guildies.