Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So how many accounts do you think went active today?

I am going to guess its a few million. Alot of strange name choices were gone within minutes.

a few million
    when overflow servers have an overflow server we know its more then a million.

Deleted
    A few million is wildly optimistic, I think they had barely 1 million preorders.
    Last edited by mmocf22d3b58a4; 2012-08-25 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    Easily more than 5

More than the servers could handle

Quote Originally Posted by Tabloid View Post
    A few million is wildly optimistic, I think they had barely 1 million preorders.
    Before April Prepurchase, they had 1 million beta signups.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabloid View Post
    A few million is wildly optimistic, I don't think they had 1 million preorders.
    I dont think that is remotely correct. At one point last night after about 30 mins in the unannounced early log in they already had like 10 full servers

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    when overflow servers have an overflow server we know its more then a million.
    ^ this pretty much

500k-1million.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    ^ this pretty much
    When you can't log in, its because there is over a million people trying to log in at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    I dont know but I logged in right at 12 am, I mean the second it went live. I hit skip to end on my first character and in less than a minute all 5 of the names on my list where gone lol. .. so yeah I would say a lot. Luckily my old standby's where still available, mostly.

Probably between 250k-500k people trying to get on this morning.

For sure more than expected.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vexies, the servers actually went up three hours before initially scheduled... so your names would have been taken during that earlier period of which not as many people were aware of.

I reckon there is at least 1,6 million ppl with EGA and 1 million is trying to log on atm. Think this number will increase severely in the coming days/weeks. Guesstimating around 3,6m players by xmas

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Vexies, the servers actually went up three hours before initially scheduled... so your names would have been taken during that earlier period of which not as many people were aware of.
    I know.. Midnight was the 3 hour early launch for EST it was supposed to be 3 am

in less than a minute poof all names taken lol

So yes a ton of people hit the log in servers all you saw was people zoning in and the poof disappearing in a mad rush to create the next toon to save names.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-08-25 at 12:28 PM.

Yea we haven't gotten to one day heart start for people who pre - ordered and then we haven't gotten launch yet.

About 4, I think.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    I reckon there is at least 1,6 million ppl with EGA and 1 million is trying to log on atm. Think this number will increase severely in the coming days/weeks. Guesstimating around 3,6m players by xmas

I think it will hit between 5-10 million by xmas

Deleted
    Guild Wars 1 had about 3 million unique users I believe (Wikipedia lists 7 million sold copies, that is including all expansions) and GW2, if turning out to be as good as we all hope, should trumph that in the long run. Now I content guessing at between 1 and 2 million.