What is going to be the random BG Hero Spec until MoP release?

So, anyone who has played PTR know what the most OP spec/class is right now for random BGs at 85 for the next month?

I remember Holy Pally after the Cata prepatch, it was probably the most OP thing I have ever seen in WoW, taking on whole 40man AV/IoC teams by yourself, this stage of an expansion is usually a lot of fun for us BG heroes.

Deleted
    most OP is deffinetly the class you will play... stupid fotm

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    From PTR experience SPriest, Mage, Hunter. In that order of opness.

Quote Originally Posted by Axi View Post
    I remember Holy Pally after the Cata prepatch, it was probably the most OP thing I have ever seen in WoW, taking on whole 40man AV/IoC teams by yourself, this stage of an expansion is usually a lot of fun for us BG heroes.
    I thought the 4.0 hero class was damage druids. Ferals and especially bumkins were suddenly outstanding. No comparison to 3.0 rets though.

I don't get FotM players. I understand that for high-rated PvP or competitive raid progression, sometimes (i.e. usually) certain classes are ideal, but why are you actually excited for imbalance? Is killing someone that actually has no chance to win really fun? Why don't you go gank noobs or queue for Raid Finder then? It's the same idea.

If a team has more than one healer thats not braindead and not in greens people aren't going to die. My holy pally's wog's at 85 on beta crits for 100k so does holy shock. All healers can do crazy heals, and if you thought resto shammys could pop out some big heals before wait until you see what they do with the mastery buff and pvp power and a 1min cd ns.
    Last edited by Wow; 2012-08-25 at 10:09 PM.

retri paladins are DPS with insane mobility survivability with spammable instant heals better than healer's, insanely OP.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I thought the 4.0 hero class was damage druids. Ferals and especially bumkins were suddenly outstanding. No comparison to 3.0 rets though.

I don't get FotM players. I understand that for high-rated PvP or competitive raid progression, sometimes (i.e. usually) certain classes are ideal, but why are you actually excited for imbalance? Is killing someone that actually has no chance to win really fun? Why don't you go gank noobs or queue for Raid Finder then? It's the same idea.
    Holy Pal in 4.0 was the definition of OP, its no exaggeration at all to say you could keep yourself up endlessly against 10 or more people focusing you, because of instant and nonstop spammable WoG that was almost as strong as lay on hands. I remember killing 4 people by myself once with exorcism such was the free cast time I had with 'only' four people attacking me.

The fun is that it is like a rare opportunity of playing a class on steroids, after the serious stuff of the expansion is over, the last pre-expansion month is a bit of a free-for-all where fotm sometimes gets pushed to the absolute extreme.

The fun is that it is like a rare opportunity of playing a class on steroids, after the serious stuff of the expansion is over, the last pre-expansion month is a bit of a free-for-all where fotm sometimes gets pushed to the absolute extreme.
    I could kill a full Wrathful Holy pally in 4.0 as Shadow in a fear/silence/horror chain if he didn't have Divine Shield up. After warriors got their temporary damage buff for 4.0, I could likewise kill a Holy pally if I had all my CDs up (Reck/Death Wish as Fury, or Reck/Throw Down as Arms), and he didn't have Divine Shield. Other than that, yeah, Holy pallies are almost unkillable. They were hell on my rogue, as either Assassination or Subtlety.

A tunneling Arcane Mage probably could kill just about anything back in 4.0, come to think of it. And there were mages of every spec, EVERYWHERE, for those few weeks of pre Cata 4.0. They were hands down the flavor of the month BG class.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianjosel View Post
    I could kill a full Wrathful Holy pally in 4.0 as Shadow in a fear/silence/horror chain if he didn't have Divine Shield up. After warriors got their temporary damage buff for 4.0, I could likewise kill a Holy pally if I had all my CDs up (Reck/Death Wish as Fury, or Reck/Throw Down as Arms), and he didn't have Divine Shield. Other than that, yeah, Holy pallies are almost unkillable. They were hell on my rogue, as either Assassination or Subtlety.

A tunneling Arcane Mage probably could kill just about anything back in 4.0, come to think of it. And there were mages of every spec, EVERYWHERE, for those few weeks of pre Cata 4.0. They were hands down the flavor of the month BG class.
    Only thing I remember killing me on my hpal in that patch was a mage blowing everything, but if I had a melee attacking me it made it much easier because of additional WoG spam to heal myself. I don't doubt other classes could kill them if they were not too aware about saving counters for cooldowns.

I had full BiS and gemmed full resi, still miss that patch!
    Last edited by Axi; 2012-08-26 at 12:06 AM.

DK probably...

Altho Druids (all 4 specs) surely will be 'annoying' too, enough self heal in all 4 specs
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

DK probably...
    lol some serious delusion in there =P hahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    lol some serious delusion in there =P hahahahahaha
    Are DKs not looking good at 85 or just 90? Genuine question, haven't played PTR or read anything.

Are DKs not looking good at 85 or just 90? Genuine question, haven't played PTR or read anything.
    they are looking "just fine" for competitive PvP, maybe frost oblit is little too bursty.

But for randoms BGs DKs are one of the worst classes if you dont run with a pocket healer, even a combat rogue is better on this setting, lol.

warrs. yes. warrs.

Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    retri paladins are DPS with insane mobility survivability with spammable instant heals better than healer's, insanely OP.
    ret damage and burst is severely reduced from what it is now.

hunters and warriors.

i can't wait to die to more back peddling retards who i can't hard counter by sitting in their melee range anymore
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"