Thread: GW2 : Leveling

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Go do some WvW its AMAZING exp.

Quote Originally Posted by Daros View Post
    Its kinda annoing when only answer to the problems I get is "LOL .. dont rush.. L2P" not actual advice what I could miss.
    I myself trying to do EVERYTHING i have access to.. in WoW its my big problem, because I like to explore each corner and complete everything I can.

The only thing i skip on purpose is PvP and other zones. I do events, even activly look for them, unlike some people who claim they just do some on their way. I run to every node of resources and spent all on crafting (artif + tailoring - I didnt pick cooking so it might be draw back). Completed Main human city, starting zone and LA in 100%. I poke all NPCs quite often unlocking or gaining directions for Dynamic Events.. but some are so far, by the time i get there its finished.

And still struggle to be on correct level.. I dont rush forward. I squize everything I can from any location and wont leave it until im actualy on correct level to move on .. which often means extra farming and repeating same events few times.
    Only thing I could do more is maybe farming materials for more crafting .. all those claws/bloods and other similar stuff is always hard to get and is kind of block on leveling crafting. I craft only through discovery.. maybe did waste to much mats for bags.
    Ive underlined and bolded the key words here. The thing is: This is Guild Wars. Meaning PvP is a huge, and i mean HUGE, part of the game, that happens to give a shitload of XP and Karma. Sure, you can ignore PvP if you want, but you have to understand that ANet has to keep it in mind when it comes time to balance xp gains vs leveling rate. Ignoring PvP and complaining that you lack XP is like ignoring buttons 5-6-7-8-9-0 and complaining that there isnt any customization...

Doing other zones would help out tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikijih View Post
    Ive underlined and bolded the key words here. The thing is: This is Guild Wars. Meaning PvP is a huge, and i mean HUGE, part of the game, that happens to give a shitload of XP and Karma. Sure, you can ignore PvP if you want, but you have to understand that ANet has to keep it in mind when it comes time to balance xp gains vs leveling rate. Ignoring PvP and complaining that you lack XP is like ignoring buttons 5-6-7-8-9-0 and complaining that there isnt any customization...

Doing other zones would help out tho.
    just no

You won't need any WvW experience and xp from other starting zones to level without problems. People say this over and over again: GW2 is a PvP oriented game. In reality it caters to both players: PvE and PvP on an equal level. They even said this in an earlier interview again and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    just no

You won't need any WvW experience and xp from other starting zones to level without problems. People say this over and over again: GW2 is a PvP oriented game. In reality it caters to both players: PvE and PvP on an equal level. They even said this in an earlier interview again and again.
    I'm thinking that many "hardcore" PvE players are just mad that PvP is more than a footnote or afterthought, and can't imagine the two being equal. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    The human starting zone was a disaster. I did all hearts, all events that poped up (even more then once), did some gathering and gott all POI, Vistas and skill points, and I was done at lvl 13 in a 1-17 zone. I had to swap to another starting zone to get my level up, I simply couldn't beat a lvl 21 quest on lvl 13. I've gotta say, GW2 is certainly not friendly to players who haven't bothered doing any research. If I didn't by coinsidence stumble upon the Azura gates that teleport you to other races starting zones I would probably have quit playing after I hit lvl 13.
    Same problem here. I think I was done in Queensdale at level 11. Did some research online and found out you can get to the other race's starting area's by going to the Mists (PVP tab) and then Lions Arch. I went to the Charr's starting area and got up to level 15 and then went back to Queensdale and then on to the next area which is 15-25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of you people need to do everything in these zones, instead of just renown hearts. I'm out-leveling the starting zones by level 10 on every character.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.