So, when's the release?

Hey folks, big D1 and D2 fan here.

I've been looking into D3 and have noticed that the game is still in "paid" open beta. Constant game changing adjustments, missing core aspect of gameplay (pvp), unstable servers etc...

I'm guessing, though I haven't seen any reliable information, that pvp should be implemented in a few months... then give or take a few more months for all class balance/pvp adjustments... and then the game should be in a release state, right?
    Last edited by yolmez86; 2012-08-25 at 10:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is not in "paid" open beta. This kind of view is really ridiculous.

PvP is not a core aspect of the game. It's a welcome one, but the primary focus of Diablo has always been the gear grind. Finally, the servers are just fine. I haven't had any instability since the first month of the game.

I'm not sure when the PvP will be introduced. I've heard patch 1.1, but I don't have any info on that, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    coulda fooled me.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post

PvP is not a core aspect of the game. It's a welcome one, but the primary focus of Diablo has always been the gear grind. Finally, the servers are just fine. I haven't had any instability since the first month of the game.

I'm not sure when the PvP will be introduced. I've heard patch 1.1, but I don't have any info on that, either.
    "Paid open beta" is a perfect description for a game that was rushed to release to meet a deadline despite major missing components. D3 was not ready to be released. It's STILL not ready to be released. However, they pushed it out anyway because they needed it out now to coincide with the WoW pre-panda lull. The only other option would have been a post-panda release.

That said, it's worth the $60 because even a sub-par Blizzard game is better than most other company's best games,
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-08-25 at 10:35 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you would like to discuss the future of PVP and 1.1, you can do so here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...where-art-thou