Thread: Wheres my aoe..

Deleted

Wheres my aoe..

Seriously.. i level as a holy paladin cause i like it but..

Wheres my aoe?

Wheres my concencration?

Wheres my holy wrath?

Why are my AOEs on lvl 90?

In ret skills.
    Holy needs AOE dps now ?

Deleted
    Well AOE would atleast make some quests more fun to do.

Well i guess i got my question answered.

Guess i have to wait to lvl 90.

Why 90 for one simple aoe? Well im not the designer so.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-09-28 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Seriously.. i level as a holy paladin
    All along was the problem right in front of him.

Guess i have to wait to lvl 90.
    Why 90 for one simple aoe? Well im not the designer so.
    You don't have to wait, get a proper DPS spec and then you'll have AE.

While you CAN level as Holy, it is not the "intended" way to do things. Basically, it will work, but it will be slower and you won't have all the tools available to you (like AoE) that a DPS spec would have.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Prot. Seriously, faster que times for random dungeons and easier time leveling with quests. You will find more than enough AoE tools if specced Prot. I leveled my Blood DK first and it was quite fast. Now enjoying my Ret more than ever. I have to admit that MoP has been wonderful for me so far. The quest chains, the dialogues, the changed class mechanics, the overall feeling of the environment during leveling up and the continent as a whole, including its major capitals, they have all been wonderfully designed for which the developers deserve to be greatly appreciated and credited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Deleted
    I know holy is not the dps spec but why are people not agreeing that we should atleast have concencration?

Reason im holy is cause i world pvp and bg as a shockadin while questing and those swarm mobs is pissing me off.

Seal of rightenous is a joke, gonna check if theres a glyph increasing dmg to atleast usefullness.

The bgs seriously lacks decent healers so i find it fun to be helpfull.

Im seriously thinking about going prot, is that good for pvp and wpvp?

I know holy is not the dps spec but why are people not agreeing that we should atleast have concencration?
    Because you can choose to be an immovable fortress of pain and an overzealous fanatic warrior but here you are thinking the field medic should be able to kill 5 mobs at once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Because you can choose to be an immovable fortress of pain and an overzealous fanatic warrior but here you are thinking the field medic should be able to kill 5 mobs at once.
    Concencration belongs to the holy paladins so we should have it.

Anyways im prot now. Hope they dont remove heals from us.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Concencration belongs to the holy paladins so we should have it.
    But Consecration belongs to the Protection paladins now.

Anyways im prot now. Hope they dont remove heals from us.
    They did. Everything except Flash and WoG. Every class saw core abilities become spec specific; paladins were no different in that respect. What left Holy feeling underequipped for AoE compared to other healers, however, was that the devs decided to make Consecration -- the only AoE not tied to a spec previously -- a Protection-only power. Hammer of the Righteous was proliferated to Retribution, but Holy got nothing new to fill the void.

I think Holy should have at least gotten Holy Wrath. Waiting until your level-90 talent just so you can AoE like most other healers (not sure about shamans and monks?) is pretty rough. I remember that experience on my rogue prior to Cata...

Deleted
    Since ive been playing vanilla i have only one question: What were they thinking?

I took a break from my paladin and tried out holy to level up with while queuing to bgs. Wow, i actually DID some good damage. 50k holy shock, 18k denounce, everything went really fast.

Then came the gang of 40 bees. Huh? Wheres my aoe? Looked at all pages. Oh i got seal of right. maybe i should try it out? Awesome!

Well, im not going to whine more, im prot/ret anyways now. Yay.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-09-29 at 08:22 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I also find the lack of AoE as a holy paladin kind of frustrating. What if I'm soloing previous content? I'm dual-specced as a healer, not DPS or a tank. It takes quite a while to just single-target every single mob I come up against.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, Holy was designed for healing. They don't see the need for you to have an AoE ability that deals damage. It's as simple as that. You have AoE Heals, and some single target damaging abilities, but you aren't built to deal damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflora View Post
    Unfortunately, Holy was designed for healing. They don't see the need for you to have an AoE ability that deals damage. It's as simple as that. You have AoE Heals, and some single target damaging abilities, but you aren't built to deal damage.
    As for me, i think thats not the case. I think the reason i think they didnt give us AOE is cause they didnt try holy on anything else but training dummies.

If you remember the reply of a blue in a moonkin pvp thread in the forums and how they took care of it youll understand what a bad work they can do. "We need survival" "Well here you have starfall that one shots every pvp target getting close"

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    I also find the lack of AoE as a holy paladin kind of frustrating. What if I'm soloing previous content? I'm dual-specced as a healer, not DPS or a tank. It takes quite a while to just single-target every single mob I come up against.
    Have you tried out lvl 90 aoe? How is it? Hope its atleast decent:/
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-09-30 at 06:40 AM.

Seriously.. i level as a holy paladin cause i like it but..
    Well there's your problem.

Deleted
    Well, even with an aoe attack, it would probably be rather weak and rather useless for H-palas at lvl 90 anyways.

However, why I miss one for H-palas are; disturbing in PvP - Many times stopped people capping flags by using Holy Wrath. No targeting hitting all for small damage, but did great to stop capping. And farming - Lower levels with weak enemies, concecration and Holy Wrath made it much easier to kill off all those small and weak mobs. Now just a pain to do.

And before people say 'duel-spec' - I go holy PvE and PvP, so don't have room for either dps or prot. But guess thats my problem *shrugs*

Deleted
    Since ive been playing vanilla i have only one question: What were they thinking?

I took a break from my paladin and tried out holy to level up with while queuing to bgs. Wow, i actually DID some good damage. 50k holy shock, 18k denounce, everything went really fast.

Then came the gang of 40 bees. Huh? Wheres my aoe? Looked at all pages. Oh i got seal of right. maybe i should try it out? Awesome!
    You still don't understand that you can't be prot, ret and holy in the same spec! That's what plagued us from the beginning. Ret has suffered so many changes from patch to patch because we could Bubble, we could LoH, we could DPS, we could Cleanse and so on.. In return they took us mobility, they took us protection to every dispel and purge..

Deleted
    Im protection.

I can selfheal extremely good.

I can aoe.

I can interrupt extremely well.

And i can do decent damage.

While questing that is. Still feels like Blizzard tried to make every spec viable for questing but some lovely dev deleted Holy Wrath from holy paladins for all the shockings he got pre nerf MOP prepatch.

But i guess im the wrong one here.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-10-01 at 07:56 PM.