View Poll Results: Account-wide secondary professions. Would you be in favor of this?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

29 87.88%
  • No.

3 9.09%
  • Other. (Please post reasoning below.)

1 3.03%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah if they were account wide, I might actually do them.

Edit: Of course this feature wouldn't be needed if they would let me queue with a character other than the one I'm currently playing.
    Last edited by jbombard; 2012-08-27 at 06:33 AM.

Ha, I just thought of this idea a couple of minutes ago. So I googled it and landed here. I think it's a great idea personally. Especially after wanting to kill the lurker in ssc on my DK and not being able to fish him up.

Deleted
    Ofc people are in favour of things that make the game easy. Is it not easy enough already? Free this, less that, easier this.... you take the challenge out of the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree.

My main has cooking, fishing, first aid, and archaeology. I have not bothered to level anything but first aid on other characters, as I hated leveling them originally. Since I play both Alliance and Horde, it is already frustrating to have to send stuff across factions via the neutral AH, so there is no way I'd waste my time sending fish/food over. Plus, I love all the little items you get from archaeology, and only being able to use them on my main kinda sucks. If no account-wide secondary professions, they should at least make those vanity items BoA.

Of course people will say that it is making the game even easier, but things have changed ALOT since Vanilla. It is far easier to level, and people have many more alts than they previously did. Before, BoA stuff wasn't even be needed... because who really had more than 1-2 characters? Now, however, there are people with multiple max level characters, and it is quite annoying to do boring grinds multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by shadey81 View Post
    no because professions are optional

you only need to do it once per realm on your character and just mail stuff to alts, and now you can fish in any zone regardless of skill
    What?! Reread what you just said. If you're right, than you should want account wide secondaries. At that point it's just a quality of life issue - and a welcomed one at that.

This is a good idea. Specifically because leveling First Aid is literally flushing gold down the toilet right now, what with Embersilk prices being insane. Hell, using a bandage costs about 10g let alone all the worthless non-heavy bandages you make and vendor. Thankfully Windwool is much more plentiful in MoP.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 02:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Ofc people are in favour of things that make the game easy. Is it not easy enough already? Free this, less that, easier this.... you take the challenge out of the game.
    There's nothing challenging about sending 30 stacks of cloth to an alt and sitting there pressing "Create All" next to the First Aid trainer. There's not even anything challenging about Arch, it's just repetitive tedium.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, just no. How much more non-demanding do you want this game to be?