Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Some of the doctors on my ward have the worst language possible, just saying Oh an us nurses are the biggest potty mouths on the planet.
    It's an expression.

Though, I've never heard the truck driver one...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HurriKanessi View Post
    I got blocked from saying on map chat pewdiepie...
    Anyone else has same kind of "problems"?

Thanks Arena net
    They can't be seriously blocking people for that.

I hope they will chill because I want to play this game but they can not dictate me how I speak as long as I do not insult anyone in game.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-26 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    It's an expression.

Though, I've never heard the truck driver one...
    Probably, Ive never heard it before myself :P My parents are sailors and wouldnt say a bad word to anyone :P
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-26 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    Just like in Wow, the existance of the language filter does not give people the right to act like sailors and truck drivers.
    It helps there's no sub fee. They already have your large chunk of money.
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-08-26 at 02:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i got bann 3 days for calling my guild mate retard in my guild chat.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    It's... almost like I've seen this somewhere before? Hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    This argument is flawed because Guild Wars 2 still does require a strong, active playerbase. Even without a subscription based model.

Reasons:
    1) Future content, such as expansion boxes
    2) Real money microtransactions and other small purchases, such as gems
    3) It is a multiplayer game, and even more importantly an MMO.

MMOs (typically) are built for the long term. GW2 does not require a player constantly playing for the game each month, but it still requires players. I doubt ArenaNet, or most MMO developers/publishers would be happy if their MMO didn't profit past the initial first box.
    Oh, there it was. Hiding at the top of page 7.

Not that I play GW2, as it is not to my liking at all, but I do enjoy the way all the loud mouth gobshite players in chat, who are compensating for their asocial autistic tendencies in real life, are getting bitch slapped out of the game.

GW2 is clearly destined to have exactly the same cancerous community as WoW, it is good at least to see that the GMs are trying to be proactive at stemming the tumour for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Festisio View Post
    Not that I play GW2, as it is not to my liking at all, but I do enjoy the way all the loud mouth gobshite players in chat, who are compensating for their asocial autistic tendencies in real life, are getting bitch slapped out of the game.

GW2 is clearly destined to have exactly the same cancerous community as WoW, it is good at least to see that the GMs are trying to be proactive at stemming the tumour for as long as possible.
    Yes you can go ahead and be glad they are getting booted. Have fun playing the game by yourself.

It's going to hurt the game in the long run if no one want's to play because they don't want to be walking on eggshells all the time always worried one tiny slip up will get them a vacation or a ban. There's a reason why games tend to only enforce language restrictions loosely. And tend not to do anything except in extreme cases.

I know you say you don't play it but theres a reason why things like this are bad, and the big reason is no one wants to play an mmo by themselves. and no one likes walking on eggshells either.
    Last edited by Keldrath; 2012-08-26 at 02:32 PM.

They still want to retain customers for gem shop purchases and expansions.

The question is whether you retain more customers by being permissive or by not being permissive when it comes to enforcing rules. Being permissive will obviously keep some players while alienating others, and vice versa.

That said, what strikes me as odd is their "no warning" policy. Generally, what matters when it comes to punishment is that the punishment is swift and sure, not that it is severe. Handing out three-day bans on the first infraction risks alienating customers more without lots of measurable benefit when it comes to enforcing their policy.

For those of you debating the WoW vs. GW2 banhammer tactics, a good point to bring up is the legal repercussions of a F2P vs. P2P game.

While we are all bounded to the vague EULAs, banning people is still pretty subjective. "Kneegapls" is pretty obviously a racial slur, but it's not completely impossible that is has actual merit. I've seen some pretty funny real last names out there myself.

I think it is easier, legally, to ban someone for 72 hours when they don't pay money monthly for access to the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Awesome, after reading this thread I'm happy that I won't have to play with the children or failures at life that were unable to grow up because they say they wont play now. Clever move ArenaNet, clever move..
    Man, the "children and failures at life that were unable to grow up" are the ones that get offended by character names on a GAME!!

and the posters here that are so "offended" by words are hypocrits...
    in real life they must be saints, they are the bastions of morality and never ever cursed or swear ......

Grow up!
    Last edited by shadowstep; 2012-08-26 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    kneega pls

please dont tell me i just fed a troll.
    I didn't get it...then went, "D'Oh" when you seperated it like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    This is exactly right. So sick of the stupid names and trolls in every game acting as if they're so smart. Ban them all i say!
    I completely agree, why the hell would you want a character names this in the first place? It doesn't make you cool, or an online celebrity, it makes you seem like a child who wants attention.

More OT, I don't think you are going to find too many people day 1 banned, most people are there to play, not to instantly behave in a way that will get them kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiino View Post
    i got bann 3 days for calling my guild mate retard in my guild chat.
    lmfao are you serious? jesus christ they have some insane rules.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    So you feel you shouldn't be banned for using derogatory and offensive names? Cmon, seriously...

Also, I see no reason to close a threat that could inform people on codes of conduct. Yes, it should be common sense, but games like wow, where anything is acceptable, have spoiled people too much.
    Spoiled? really!?-> Mature language filter!, check the box!
    The name, while not appropriate, is not grounds for a perma ban. Give the guy a warning at least on a first offense. Ppl are way too hypersensitive anymore and find everything offensive. You don't like how a person speaks, ignore/mute them, simple just like in real life. You don't continue to listen to them and then complain about it.
    If I were the guy w/ the inappropriate but unoffensive name, I would demand a refund immediately. Unless of course it is clearly stated "The dumbest shit will be subject to a permanent ban!" IMHO that is taking things a little too far!
    Their pettiness has just turned me away from buying GW2.
    That name isn't even mildly offensive, and cursing is just something 3/4ths of the worlds population does. Mature language filter needs to be implemented and then those who are offended by such things won't have to suffer through them and their virgin eyes won't decay as a result of being exposed to such vile, disgusting, and ungodly words!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    And just like in WoW that's NOT what the filter is there for-
    Then please enlighten us on why there is one if it's not suppose filter mature language like it clearly states

im from Memphis explain to me how nigga please is a racial slur and offensive to anyone? I can link you over a thousand videos on youtube of black people saying nigga please

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Do you have tourettes, maybe you could tell ANet that you can't help swearing?
    You want to relax, man? If you honestly think pewdiepie is growns for termination then just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by pvrwizard View Post
    Just like in Wow, the existance of the language filter does not give people the right to act like sailors and truck drivers.
    Nor does it's absence give you the right to declare how people should or shouldn't speak!
    Welcome to the real world, outside of the sheltered closet your parents managed to keep you stuffed in. Everyone has a right to talk how they want andyou have the right to walk away/ignore and/or mute anyone too. You don't have the right to deny others theirs but your condoning it be done by Anet. If the shoe were on the other foot, you ppl would be the first to whine!