Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Arenanet service...

Still waiting answer to my "unknown" reason block...
    Prolly cuz i said retard to my friend.

Sorry if someone hates posts like these. But i want to hear does anyone have answer to all these blocks?
    Yes i have read mpaskin1s post about bans.

So i finally got a answer after over 10 hours waiting... And this is what i got copy pasted answer without any research done...

"The error message that you are receiving indicates that your account has been blocked due to violations of the User Agreement or Rules of Conduct. In most cases so far, in Guild Wars 2, these violations have involved inappropriate names or language. These temporary suspensions are typically 72 hours from the time the block was initiated. Once the suspension has ended you will be able to access your account and continue playing with no further penalty. We do ask that you abide by the rules in the future. We apply account suspensions to show how serious we are about violations of the User Agreement or Rules of Conduct.

You may wish to see the following link for more information on the Guild Wars 2 conduct breaches and outcomes:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/...ches-outcomes/

Regards,

GM Oghma
    Guild Wars Support Team"

I asked why i got blocked??!?! Do i get my answer from this? NO!
    Last edited by RadiationWoW; 2012-08-27 at 07:09 AM.

you waited for 4 hours and you are mad?
    While i don't agree with all these random name bans, WoW usually take multiple days.
    id considering waiting some more before crying.
    Last edited by Brandoh; 2012-08-26 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    While i don't agree with all these random name bans, WoW usually take multiple days.
    No im not crying :P But getting banned without a reason is stupid. And no im not mad. Actually my friends are mad from waiting
    Last edited by RadiationWoW; 2012-08-26 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, if people just took a little effort to name their characters something that wasn't based on poop or peen, they might not have these problems.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HurriKanessi View Post
    "You will be answered shortly" ???? I have waited 4h...
    geezusss...

Sorry if someone hates posts like these. But i want to hear does anyone have answer to all these blocks?
    Havent you been a naughty boy and used a swear word to someone ;< or a cover up name for an insult?
    even when you think it was innocent!

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You know, if people just took a little effort to name their characters something that wasn't based on poop or peen, they might not have these problems.
    My name was Razar Bloodblade and i didnt use swearing in game

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Oh god so much this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do people really get banned? With just simple common sense you should never be banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    0O, the last time I waited more than a day was in wotlk tier 1. Well I open a ticket about every once a content patch : P

10+ Year Old Account
    it took them 4 days to give me a response to my ticket so expect to wait :S

I heard other people got bans because they said something bad on the chat. Did you remember to say anything in /map that was inappropriate? I can't imagine they are giving bans for no reason..maybe they want to keep the community in high quality. And yes I prefer this..if I say something bad on chat or if I spam to get ban, but that means that the chat will be clear also They should warn people first though...not ban them with their first bad moment
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-26 at 05:24 PM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I heard other people got bans because they said something bad on the chat. Did you remember to say anything in /map that was inappropriate? I can't imagine they are giving bans for no reason..maybe they want to keep the community in high quality. And yes I prefer this..if I say something bad on chat or if I spam to get ban, but that means that the chat will be clear also They should warn people first though...not ban them with their first bad moment
    Only thing i said in Map chat was Pewdiepie nothing else nothing more

10+ Year Old Account
    the great part is that as the game doesn't have a sub it means they aren't losing out it just means you have to spend all that money to buy the game again :S

I have account problems, cannot login and I've been trying to resolve my issue since tuesday. So chill

What if someone really had a bad day and says "fuck" or smt like that? You get banned?!

What if someone really had a bad day and says "fuck" or smt like that? You get banned?!
    yes you do

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    yes you do
    That is really stupid...

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    I can't imagine they are giving bans for no reason..maybe they want to keep the community in high quality. And yes I prefer this..if I say something bad on chat or if I spam to get ban, but that means that the chat will be clear also
    They'll calm down after a month or so when they see their profits from the store dwindling. High quality community = very tiny community = no profits.

When they realize some people act like that in real life, and after a 72 hour ban for something that is a nonissue but to the most anal retentive uptight people on the planet they don't come back to play.

Either GW2 will be down to 2 servers real quick or they'll lighten up on the enforcement just like wow did.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Interesting either you are the same guy as before, or someone had a thread going about getting banned for saying that same thing. Maybe that is some kind of insult in another language. If I were you I'd be more careful naming your characters (or what you say in /map).
    First you will need to research all foreign words that can be offensive. Next, you will need to study all foreign cultures to make sure something you name your character (or say in /map) will not be deemed offensive to a respective culture.
    Maybe then, and only then will you be able to name a GW2 character.
    Maybe.

@ Dazzy, I'll tell you what though - those 2 servers will have an awesome community.
    Last edited by slime; 2012-08-26 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "You will be answered shortly" ???? I have waited 4h...
    geezusss...

Four hours? Blizzard used to make you wait several days for a ticket!

And this wasn't at launch. Remember that this game has been freshly launched - Arena Net is going to be a little bit busy.

And you are a liar. Lying to us on a forum doesn't really have a point. They absolutely would not ban somebody for that.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-26 at 05:58 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.