Yup, with a sadness i have to say i feel let down somehow.

I just tried PvP out, kept trying it, persisted with it...keep going....must keep going....its rubbish (in my opinion)

If PvP is the big "end game" i think i will just have to give up now. Its a real shame as you can see the amount of work that has gone into GW2. I know i shouldnt say this as people will jump on my comment and turn it into something its not, but, GW2 just made me appreciate WOW so much more. Roll on 25th of Sep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    No, you don't.
    yes you do... i got that often in lions arch or questing...

Quote Originally Posted by Airsoul View Post
    Yup, with a sadness i have to say i feel let down somehow.

I just tried PvP out, kept trying it, persisted with it...keep going....must keep going....its rubbish (in my opinion)

If PvP is the big "end game" i think i will just have to give up now. Its a real shame as you can see the amount of work that has gone into GW2. I know i shouldnt say this as people will jump on my comment and turn it into something its not, but, GW2 just made me appreciate WOW so much more. Roll on 25th of Sep.
    Could you comment a bit more about what you didn't like about the PvP? I am just curious. And btw, I don't think that you have to fear negative attention to your post as what you write is honest and direct, unless all these other heroes who have apparently never played the game but know it better then we who play it every day do... with guys like you, I have absolutely no problem however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mytrasher View Post
    yes you do... i got that often in lions arch or questing...
    Lion's arch is a zone of its own, it don't belong to either gendarran fields or bloodtide coast, should been fairly obvious with there being loading screens involved when entering those two leveling zones the first time. As i said you only get that when you switch zones, which seem to be the case here. If you get that while "questing" its simply you not understanding where the zone border goes.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-09-10 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Cata quests are actually varied though and offer at least 2 zones for nearly every level. Besides the actual story quests, I don't have a clue whats going on in the Gw2 universe... And I don't even know what it's called.
    The problem with Cataclysm was that the quest chains were extremely linear. As Ghostcrawler wrote:

"In addition, while we liked that each zone has a story, questing ended up being too linear. It didn’t feel like you could fly into a zone, find some quest givers, and explore. Instead, you kind of had to start at the beginning and follow all the quests to the end, and if you didn’t like a quest, well, you had to stick with it to get to the next one. We want zones to have an identity, flavor and a story, but we don’t want to railroad players through a zone either."

To find out what happens in the GW2 universe, talk and listen to NPCs. There's a wealth of information in the world, but it's not being spoonfed to you via walls of text.

Obviously, that will not appeal to everyone; some people do prefer the quest chain model. But if you don't know what's going on in the GW2 universe, you likely rushed from one map marker to another without actually checking out the world, I'm afraid.

For example, right at the beginning of the human starting zone, in Shaemoor, there are several villagers that you can talk to and who will give you information. But they don't have yellow exclamation marks over their heads, so I'm pretty sure a lot of players never talked to any of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Lion's arch is a zone of its own, it don't belong to either gendarran fields or bloodtide coast, should been fairly obvious with there being loading screens involved when entering those two leveling zones the first time. As i said you only get that when you switch zones, which seem to be the case here. If you get that while "questing" its simply you not understanding where the zone border goes.
    not u dont!!

if i teleport within lions arch from south point to north point you get a loading screen and you will get placed to overflow server like in other zones ....i have lvl 80 thief i know how that game works...

10+ Year Old Account
    not u dont!!

if i teleport within lions arch from south point to north point you get a loading screen and you will get placed to overflow server like in other zones ....i have lvl 80 thief i know how that game works...
    Stop spreading misinformation. You do NOT get overflow traveling between waypoints in the same zone. End of line.

not u dont!!

You really don't know what you're talking about do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    not u dont!!

Clearly you don't because I spent 2 hours in lions arch yesterday using waypoints to get all over the place as I leveled crafting explored and played the trading post and the only time I got thrown in the overflow is if I D/Ced or left the zone... So yes, keep talking out your ass
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

not u dont!!

As others have said, no you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Stop spreading misinformation. You do NOT get overflow traveling between waypoints in the same zone. End of line.
    you do get it maybe on underpopulated servers... but on german server where i am i am getting on overflow server all the time i get loadindscreen if i teleport within the zone... and most of my friends too... dont defend what is wrong...

Closing this down. Was hoping that this thread wouldn't end up with personal attacks left and right and would be a place for people to discuss why they don't like the game and have others who don't share that opinion be respectful, but that hasn't been the case.