Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Hi Reniat,

thanks for your reply. Not concentrating on the Warcaller might be the case, true, need to make sure I kit this mob (or would just using IBF or something be more beneficial due to not having to change the positioning?).

The guild is "Paradigma" on Mal'Ganis EU (German server though, hopefully you can still figure how what is happening ) This is everything that follows the wol . com part: /reports/rt-a0pdz3owfhexzu6h/

I do have the Malkorok trinket but only on flex level yet. Could also use the Juggernaut trinket hc or the Curse of Hybris nhc (I think, might be flex as well).

I got a problem on my DK, using AskMrRobot to optimize it, though I do know from using it for years not to trust it. Never used it as a tank before (As hunter I just sim my char, put in the numbers and tada).
    So I got a few questions:
    What stat prio should I go for as blood? Hit/Exp > Mastery > Stam > Str > Parry=Dodge? As more mastery gives better blood shields etc. Or should I go for more dodge/parry (Will link armory below, so you can see how I am at the moment)

Also, doing the Best in Bag option, he wants me to put in my two dps tier pieces, even though it puts me so darn high on hit rating (9.28%), while I got gloves that will put me on 7.91% (Corruption-Rotted Gauntlets). Why do he favor the two set bonus that much? As I can even get the procs from Killing Machine or Sudden Boom.

The gear you see on my armory, is not optimized trough AskMrRobot now, as I got the weapon this raid. So I know I have to replace some exp gems and reforge the weapon first of all (I may have done this by the time you check, depends when you read this..)

The main question though, is the fact that I got two gloves I can use now(Except dps tier ones); Corruption-Rotted Gauntlets and Gauntlets of Discarded Time
    Pretty much - whats best, avoidance or haste/mastery question between those two gloves.

Other then that I think I am pretty good to go, spamming some Death strikes, doing 40-50k hps etc.

Armory
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Could you please take a look at our blood dk's dps on juggernaut hc progress and see if he's doing something wrong dps wise? His survivability's fine, but we're trying to only get one siege phase and seems like our tank dps is the most improvable ones.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/9496/

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rktin/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Could you please take a look at our blood dk's dps on juggernaut hc progress and see if he's doing something wrong dps wise? His survivability's fine, but we're trying to only get one siege phase and seems like our tank dps is the most improvable ones.
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/guilds/9496/

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rktin/advanced
    Honestly, unless you want to make your healer's lives harder, he's not going to get much higher DPS-wise. The reason for tanks doing high amounts of damage on this fight is because they keep the DoT rolling when they're not tanking, but they become *incredibly* hard to keep up when it starts going too high and they also have to take bombs/tank juggernaut. Usually our tanks (in far better gear, I might add) will be at about 160-200K dependant on RNG and stacks etc.
    I also use the DPS wep enchant, so gear+wep on your tank.

That being said, his "proper damage" might just come from making healers lives harder to start with. Here's a 4:30 wipe from you guys:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ght=5&source=3 <-- 36 Rune strike, 24 Death strike, 28 Heart strike.
    Here's a similiar length of mine:
    http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...-done&source=2 <-- 97 rune strikes, 53 death strikes, 30 heart strikes.

Essentially, he isn't hitting his buttons enough. His diseases had a pitiful 81% uptime (should be 99%+, they're half a minute long for christ sake).
    So sure, there's improvements to be done. That all being said, I'd look to your paladin for the biggest "Improvement" - there's no reason he isn't also pulling 140K or so dps. 80-90K is just... Sad, really.

Deleted
    I might be wrong but Juggernaut logs can be quite misleading as there is a huge difference based on how you play p2. We are currently playing Juggernaut hc 10m with no dmg on Juggernaut in p2 (are going to change this next id) and standing far away from him. Due to this, I also have ~81% uptime of the diseases and only 61 RS on a 6 minutes kill. (Kill 6:23, 2 siege phases with 60 seconds each, 5:13 uptime of diseases).

When you look at the 2 minute mark in Overdispersion's log, it seems there are doing something similar.

I think in general, Juggernaut is not a good dps boss for a blood DK as you do not have a high uptime on riposte and are busy with other things then dpsing the boss.

One small thing though: Blood Tap is generally preferred over Runic Corruption especially because it allows you to "store" a DS, quite handy for taking the 3rd mine for example.

Deleted
    My mains are Prot Warr & Prot Pala, so I'm not all that savvy with Blood DKs.

A question was raised last night in guild chat as to why all Blood DKs use 2h weps.

My response originally was that I thought it was due to Death Strike being based on Weapon Damage. After seeing the tooltip linked, and noticing that the Blood Shield is now based around the heal received (which is calculated via the damage you have sustained in the last 5sec) I guess I was living in the stone age.

Is there any reason why you don't duel wield as Blood? What are the pros/cons?

It's hot, I'm stuck in my office and I'm probably overlooking something really simple, so please shoot me down and put me in my place!

Deleted
    While the heal/shield is based on the damage received, your dps with Heart-, Death- and Runestrike is based on the Weapon damage. Also more dps = more threat generated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruufiyo View Post
    While the heal/shield is based on the damage received, your dps with Heart-, Death- and Runestrike is based on the Weapon damage. Also more dps = more threat generated.
    I get that, so switching to Duel Wield doesn't cause those abilities to also hit with your offhand wep?

Bit suckish, would be quite neat if that was an option, since I think BrM can play with either 2h or DW.

Thanks for the response anyway, as I said, was merely curious after seeing a brief discusison in Gchat last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ruufiyo View Post
    I might be wrong but Juggernaut logs can be quite misleading as there is a huge difference based on how you play p2. We are currently playing Juggernaut hc 10m with no dmg on Juggernaut in p2 (are going to change this next id) and standing far away from him. Due to this, I also have ~81% uptime of the diseases and only 61 RS on a 6 minutes kill. (Kill 6:23, 2 siege phases with 60 seconds each, 5:13 uptime of diseases).

When you look at the 2 minute mark in Overdispersion's log, it seems there are doing something similar.

I think in general, Juggernaut is not a good dps boss for a blood DK as you do not have a high uptime on riposte and are busy with other things then dpsing the boss.

One small thing though: Blood Tap is generally preferred over Runic Corruption especially because it allows you to "store" a DS, quite handy for taking the 3rd mine for example.
    Even so, the siege phase is one minute out of 4:30 in the logs. Him losing out on 25% of the attacks (and lets face it, I barely get uptime on the boss during siege phase, concidering I'm hunting bombs and dodging mortar cannons aswell) would be "acceptable" for 1 minute of downtime. Him losing out on 50/66% (DS/RS) seems completly insane.
    Also, he should obviously be refreshing his diseases with outbreak if they're standing far away (dip close enough and then get away), or if not possible, atleast have them up for half the phase (refresh right before the first knockback happens).

Deleted
    nice guide, gj mate!

Retiring this guide in favor of 2 guides

simple guide:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-Guide-(5-4)

advanced guide:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ng-Guide-(5-4)

This guide is old and I've grown a lot as a theorycrafter and player since it's creation, so i wanted to rewrite the guide from scratch. I also took this opportunity to split the guide in two, allowing me to not have to write one guide for all readers, and let me go wild on the advanced stuff without worrying about it being too much for most players.