why do americans hate nickelback?

im just wondering why you guys always bag nickelback.
    they seem like an ok band to me and alot of people i know.
    but people always call them crap and say the lead singer is the ugliest man in rock.
    thats pretty slack.

im just wondering what did they do to make everyone hate them this much

Their sound is OK.

People dislike them because their music is incessantly repetitive and arguably plagiarized (or at least blatantly cribbed from others).

I don't know either.. I'm American and think they're awesome.

Only american's think all their songs sound exactly the same? Weird..

While I am Smerican, and all of my friend do in fact think Nickelback is terrible, I find it hard to believe it's only America that hates nickelback.

I also don't know why this is directed at America. They're not good in any country.
    Last edited by Kolossal; 2012-08-26 at 11:57 PM.

As a Canadian, I don't understand either.

I don't like them either, and the members are awfully ugly, but they're quite successful. ❤

Because gold plated is better. Bazinga!

We have radio stations in Canada that explicitly say "Absolutely no Nickleback, ever.". I've also heard stories of the lead singer getting tossed out of clubs and house parties for being a huge douche bag. I guess you can sense the douche vibe through their music.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only speak for the singles they put out on the radio, they are terrible, i just swap stations instantly if they come on, his voice seriously annoys me, oh and im not American.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

From wikipedia:

The band has been criticised over their over-use of themes involving "strippers, sex, prostitutes, drugs, sex, drinking and sex",[71] for being derivative in the music they create, too often sticking to formula instead of innovating, and being repetitive.[72][73][74] In November 2011, users of the music-oriented dating site, Tastebuds.fm voted Nickelback as the number one musical turnoff, edging out Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga.[75]
    I think a lot of it is because they became the face of popular, mainstream rock.... which a lot rock and roll fans feel is a disgrace to the genre.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    but people always call them crap and say the lead singer is the ugliest man in rock.
    When it comes to giving the world ugly popstars you guys are way, way behind us!

I like Nickelback, I think their music is good - I don't care what people think about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "Americans" part of the question is only going to bring about a lot of nation bashing crap. And aside from the fact we have a forum for music, I wouldn't recommend starting one there, but there is a similar thread here http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ght=nickelback