MoP Totem talent combo question

So I choose Stone Bulwark Totem in the first tier, and Totemic Restoration in the third. If i drop the Stone Bulwark Totem and immediately drop another earth totem, will that give me the absorption shield AND reduce the cool down on the Stone Bulwark Totem from 60 seconds to 30?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly 30 seconds but close, yes (not exactly because it's delayed a GCD). You'll get the initial shield for 10 seconds, but not the additional refreshes (which require the SBT totem to be up).
    Last edited by Endus; 2012-08-27 at 01:23 AM.

So what is the better strat? leave it down for the additional refreshes? or would it be like a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    So what is the better strat? leave it down for the additional refreshes? or would it be like a wash.
    Depends on the situation.

Are you reducing a single large incoming damage spike, or continuous damage over a period? That's the determining factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    So I choose Stone Bulwark Totem in the first tier, and Totemic Restoration in the third. If i drop the Stone Bulwark Totem and immediately drop another earth totem, will that give me the absorption shield AND reduce the cool down on the Stone Bulwark Totem from 60 seconds to 30?
    Yes, people aren't realizing this but Totemic Restoration is perhaps the best talent we have.

Think about this: master your Totemic Recall. You'll use it a lot in MoP with Totemic Projection. Say you drop a Tremor Totem which lasts for 6 seconds. If it happens to break your fear after the first second then you immediately recall and BAM you'll have a reduced cooldown on your Tremor Totem. I plan to use it all the time with my Earthgrab since I really only use it for the root as the slow is kinda useless what with all the immunities/charges/grips...
    Last edited by Northy; 2012-08-27 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    Yes, people aren't realizing this but Totemic Restoration is perhaps the best talent we have.

Think about this: master your Totemic Recall. You'll use it a lot in MoP with Totemic Projection. Say you drop a Tremor Totem which lasts for 6 seconds. If it happens to break your fear after the first second then you immediately recall and BAM you'll have a reduced cooldown on your Tremor Totem. I plan to use it all the time with my Earthgrab since I really only use it for the root as the slow is kinda useless what with all the immunities/charges/grips...
    It's probably the best for PvP sure, but it has more limited uses in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitond View Post
    It's probably the best for PvP sure, but it has more limited uses in PvE.
    Correct that's what I'm getting at. More people than you realize are glossing over this talent with the attitude that it only is a talent to negate the effects of enemies stomping your totems, which is far from the only reason to take the talent.