Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I find the synergy in GW2 really lacking compared to holy trinity games. I can see why no one else has changed very much from dps/healer/tank, it just doesn't work very well if you want communication to be a major factor.

I like GW2, its new, fresh, a bit unpolished, and we will see tons of news in future. Who knows if they inplent more endgame content, we dont know. we dont know if they will implant raiding, we dont know anything, now let the game came out and let us see....

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    That's definitely true. People still gloat about their super-awesome fully-decked armor from GW1, and that gear had even less stats than GW2 does.
    DrakeWurrum, I'm still waiting for you to quote where Fangless said no raid=no end game; as you use that in your argument against my reasoning behind this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrowind View Post
    DrakeWurrum, I'm still waiting for you to quote where Fangless said no raid=no end game; as you use that in your argument against my reasoning behind this post.
    I already quoted that portion. Everything about that post I quoted specifically follows from the logic that no raid = no end game. There's literally no other way for his opinion to form.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

You use the word problem for a subjective issue; I feel that word is not fitting.
    You used the word "problem" twice in your original post, your point? Dispute the content, not the wording.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    You used the word "problem" twice in your original post, your point? Dispute the content, not the wording.
    You conjectured about what is fun based on your own experience.
    What is there to dispute?

I already quoted that portion. Everything about that post I quoted specifically follows from the logic that no raid = no end game. There's literally no other way for his opinion to form.
    You inferred that from what he said, but by no means did he say it.

He basically said that before GW2 release people complained that there would be no raids, yet GW2 fans that there will be. Then when GW2 came out and people complained about the lack of "raiding" content GW2 fans told them to "get back to WoW". That's what I agreed with.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    You conjectured about what is fun based on your own experience.
    What is there to dispute?
    How can something be a problem for you if it is subjective for me?

So, even if you take raiding off the table (as the OP has mentioned a few times) the problem is actually mental. If players can accept the fact that what they're after is superiority (as is only natural) and that they can still grasp that, they'll be fine.
    I disagree somewhat; it's more than superiority. I think it has two-fold issues to consider:

1. MMOs are plagued with the inability to define one's uniqueness where everyone can make a green sylvari mesmer with orange eyes. Everyone can go get the same items from the same bosses, and use the same dyes to make them the same color. Uniqueness comes from rarity, where not everyone can do something.

2. When I got stat upgrades in legend of zelda, I wasn't doing it to be superior than other zelda players whom I didn't know existed. Gear upgrades in an RPG genre is not entirely linked to superiority, but rather it has been a feature of the genre for as long as I've known it to exist.
    Last edited by Firestyle; 2012-08-28 at 05:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestyle View Post
    Uniqueness comes from rarity, where not everyone can do something.
    This is still in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 12:08 PM ----------

And what's the problem with that?

If he believes that you can have end game without raiding, his statement makes no sense at all, and is not consistent with his own beliefs.

You've been doing the same thing this entire thread with your statements. Never outright "saying" it, but still saying it.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 05:09 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    You said the problem you think I'm having is that I believe stats are what makes gear appealing, and then you go on to state your view in a corrective way.

I don't have a problem with that aspect because taht is what makes it appealing to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Why can't people just hold their opinion to their self? I don't care if you don't like the game tbh. All you accomplish with this is negative publicity for new players.
    I like GW2 and I believe if you play it, like normal people would for 2-3 hours per day you will use a long time to get to lvl 80 and do everything. You forget about patches, which may or may not introduce better gear, dungeons, areas etc etc.
    If you want to leave, fine, but do it silently, because many of us will play it for a long time.
    you just said your opinion so i will make th same question why you cant hold your opinion for your self?

This is still in the game.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 12:08 PM ----------

And what's the problem with that?

If he believes that you can have end game without raiding, his statement makes no sense at all, and is not consistent with his own beliefs.

You've been doing the same thing this entire thread with your statements. Never outright "saying" it, but still saying it.
    Well perhaps you inferred things that weren't being implied?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well perhaps you inferred things that weren't being implied?
    You may not have intended to say them, but you're still saying them whether you know it or not. And what you're saying is that GW2 has no end game, because GW2 has no raids.

If you believe otherwise, then you can't also believe that "raiders won't be satisfied with DEs" - it's just that simple.

If you don't like DEs, there's nothing wrong with that, but you're making some pretty big assumptions about gamers as a whole with this thread.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 05:13 PM.

Deleted
    Last time i remember , 2-5 motnhs ago : WoW fans = will there be raids ?
    GW2 : no raids , meta events-world bosses is the closest
    WoW = omg failed so hard , this game will die in 1 moonth (i wonder why they introduce world bosses in wow... some say , it was a mechanic for the commnity to come closer or go in the open empty world , but gw2 world bosses are bad ....)
    GW2 = get the hell out , this game in not for u
    WoW = omg fanbois u sux (who started bad talking althought ...)

So i cant see where we said that gw2 have raids ....
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-28 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

He basically said that before GW2 release people complained that there would be no raids, yet GW2 fans that there will be. Then when GW2 came out and people complained about the lack of "raiding" content GW2 fans told them to "get back to WoW". That's what I agreed with.

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 06:06 PM ----------

How can something be a problem for you if it is subjective for me?
    What rubbish are you talking about before beta when there were only gamescon demo and videos people who were waiting for GW2 knew there weren't any raids, anyone who bought guild wars hoping for raids well too damn bad, your thread is simply this " I'm not happy people are exited for a game that I don't like or are for."
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

You may not have intended to say them, but you're still saying them whether you know it or not. And what you're saying is that GW2 has no end game, because GW2 has no raids.

If you believe otherwise, then you can't also believe that "raiders won't be satisfied with DEs" - it's just that simple.

If you don't like DEs, there's nothing wrong with that, but you're making some pretty big assumptions about gamers as a whole with this thread.
    No. You are inferring something that isn't being said.

Raiders such as myself and the people I know (players that this thread was made for!) will not find DEs to like raids we have become accustomed to. I didn't say that it means there is no end game, why do you keep thinking this?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You are inferring something that isn't being said.
    Or maybe you're saying things that don't match with what you actually believe. In other words, you're being completely illogical.

Raiders such as myself and the people I know (players that this thread was made for!) will not find DEs to like raids we have become accustomed to. I didn't say that it means there is no end game, why do you keep thinking this?
    And what does that even mean? Why do you think that raiders won't like DEs? Why do you keep saying something so ridiculously incorrect?

If you want to know another raider that loves both games, both raiding and DEs, you might want to try talking to Rorcanna.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    What rubbish are you talking about before beta when there were only gamescon demo and videos people who were waiting for GW2 knew there weren't any raids, anyone who bought guild wars hoping for raids well too damn bad, your thread is simply this " I'm not happy people are exited for a game that I don't like or are for."
    Search for Fangless' quote; proceed to read it.

Also I was talking from personal experience so how can you tell me people didn't say those things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea pvp is where its at. Game pve storyline probaly just a lord of rings ripoff like wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanBowie View Post
    Yea pvp is where its at. Game pve storyline probaly just a lord of rings ripoff like wow.
    Absolutely untrue.