Poll: Are you rerolling to a different healer in MoP?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I thought this was a 'i was a tree druid and i quit' thread. I can totally see it, playing a resto druid is not nearly as fun as it was in wraith, and by the end of Cata we were back to spamming shit like it didn't matter. So, cata's intended goal only lasted 1 tier, and was frankly a bunch of bullshit. We got nothing last expac, this expac is another joke (the top end talents are stupid beyond belief). Yeah i am not going to be playing my druid any time soon.

There have been some very nice changes and additions to the resto specc and the class in general, I'm sticking with what I've got in my trusted dwarf shaman, besides I like the versatility to go melee or casting dps whenever I please (gear willing).
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

I've been playing resto shaman since Vanilla, and I'm sticking to that :P Besides, good players will always shine through, and I've never been benched. I did however get myself enhancement offspec for t12 and t13. Unfortunately, it seems as if I have to get an elemental offspec instead for mop

I'm switching TO my resto shaman from my Disc priest. Outside of bleeding edge progression I think there will be a variety of playstyles available which will be viable and rewarding. Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink is in the toolkit. If all healing specs are the justice league I'd say that resto shaman's would be batman...

I like the part where no one is going priest even tho there is 2 specs to choose from...gotta tell you something

When I saw RESTO and REROLLING in the quick links I had a feeling it was not a druid thread.
    But yes, probably throwing the towel... After one entire atrocious expansion, we had one marvelous patch that made us very cool, just to have it taken back right after. Sucks to heal....

I've been playing a resto shaman since about T5/T6 and I've always been able to earn my spot in a raid, regardless of those periods of time where we've been the "weakest" healer/class. I have played all other healing classes and I still say resto shaman is the most fun to play. Every class will have its OP day in the sun at some point or another, for resto shamans that happened to be back in Sunwell, where chain heal was mega OP.

The point is, it's EASY to play a class when it's OP. So many gamers these days just go the EASY way out instead of challenging themselves with a class that may require a bit more work/attention on our part. I definitely think resto shamans worked well in DS, but we had to perfect our rotation in order to keep up with those holy paladins(for example).

I'm sticking with resto shaman until the day comes where I don't have an interest in it anymore. At least I have other cap level healing classes to choose from if that day ever comes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean you don't all have 4 maxed-level healers? Cause i do.
    and after mists comes out i will work on my fifth.

What's this 'rerolling' crap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    I like the part where no one is going priest even tho there is 2 specs to choose from...gotta tell you something
    Priest healing seems really bizarre if you're used to Shaman or even Paladin healing styles. I never feel comfortable with either discipline or holy, whereas with Resto Shaman, I feel like I can heal through anything.

Resto Druid never appealed to me. HoTs are cool and all, but I always feel like I need to press a button to tap someone off. Just feels very tedious.

Anyways....

Resto Shaman feels "off". I can't put my finger on it, but I'm thinking it relates to the totem changes. As of right now, I don't know if I'm going to stay Resto or roll something else. Monk healing intrigues me, but I don't know if I'm in the mood to completely relearn a class. My guild is also anxious to dive into MoP end content, and they may not be patient enough to wait for me to go from level 1-90 on an alt.

I have 8 healing toons all level 85. Don't ask....

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing i find interesting about Shamans on the PTR is that their 'cheapest' and 'weakest' spell: Healing wave actually heals! Healing wave accounts for like 25% of my healing on a shaman, compared to my Paladin for whom Holy Light (which i spam) is like 10% of my healing, my druid for whom nourish (which i spam) is like 4% of my healing, and my holy Priest for whom Heal (which i spam) is like 3% of my healing.

Additionally i am not sure if i like Glyph of Riptide. It maks riptide so powerful that it's nearly mindless. I think when i use GoR, Riptide acounts for like 40% of my healing, which really feels weird. I like the flow of having Riptide as a short cooldown that still does some upfront healing, but i feel pressured to use to the glyph due to it's superior performance.

I still feel Unleash Life is really really annoying. If we have to waste a global cooldown on it, at least let it do 1.5 seconds worth of HPS on it's own. The boost to healing it gives the following Single Target spell does not seem worth the GCD cost (before Unleashed Fury, which i have not tried).

luckily I have everything 85, and will easily get everything 90.

Resto shaman healing has always been like a roller coaster. Yes I enjoyed the chainheal spam that was TBC. Yes I was mad at riptide ruining chainheal spam, but at least we still got to cast it in Wrath.

Now on this xpack I honestly hated the way shaman worked. (Granted I hated the new resto druid even more).

Cant wait to see what mists brings, since I refuse to play the beta and ruin the excitement of the actual expansion brings. (you only get to play through it for a first time once :P).

Shaman will still be one of my mains, and unless they break the way it heals, it'll stay a healing toon with dps OS.
    Last edited by Auro; 2012-08-28 at 07:06 PM.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyspice View Post
    I

The point is, it's EASY to play a class when it's OP. So many gamers these days just go the EASY way out instead of challenging themselves with a class that may require a bit more work/attention on our part.

You get my vote for president. what you are saying is so true, shamans for life !

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to stick with resto shaman, altough I'm quite dissapointed about the new talens and glyphs. If it turns out, that I'm absolutely unhappy with our playstyle, my druid will be ready to rumble since it will be the second char I'm going to max (as alyways since 3 expansions). Acutally I have to admin that paladin healing, which was never even a possbily alternative for me seems quite interesting at the moment, so I'll heave to see.

TL;DR: stick with shaman and decide after having had hands on
    Last edited by Madhoof; 2012-08-30 at 01:58 PM.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Deleted
    To me, things are looking better than ever. We got pretty much all our toolkit issues addressed (except raidhealing during spread out periods, but that is intented), we've received actually useful cooldowns, we have a unique mechanic in ancestral vigor and also provide a dps benefit via stormlash.

...Why would you be rerolling? It's a complete case of "grass is always greener".

Deleted
    I am sorry, re-rolling because your not fotm is a terrible idea.

DS10 (and 25) where really good for Resto Shamans, we are nowhere near "the bottom of the barrel".

I played last night and loved every minute of it, we gained more utility, an instant HoT, more Raid CDs.

Not a single thing to complain about from my PoV.

What direction does your GF want? To be able wtfp0wn the meters?

If that is the case I am not sure a healer is the right choice