I'm the kind of person who often thinks up weird things while on the bus, and today, it happened to be a level 100 priest talent! Enjoy!
Spreading The Word
Talent Name: Spreading the Word
Why: This talent revolves around the priest's "word" spells which make a large appearance within our toolkit across all specs, and religiously it is often said that one will "Spread the word" - so I found it quite a nice name for the talent.
Overview: The priest becomes adept at spreading the word of their faith, allowing their priest word spells to gain additional effects, depending on specialisation.
Idea 1 is to add more utility to the Holy Word spells available to the priest and make them more effective. One of the limitations of chakra, is that it forces you into a niche while within it. My thought behind serenity is to add a touch of AoE healing to make holy more flexible. For sanctuary, it is to give the priest a reason to place it and a way to get off some good single target heals while in sanctuary. Chastise does pitiful damage; this allows the priest to have a good kick, and also a little more utility and a way to get a mob (or enemy player) off them slightly more easily, while also gaining a slight "help" to healing to counteract the healing loss of being in chastise.
- Holy Word: Serenity's serenity effect now increases the critical effect chance of the next single target healing spell by an additional 50%, and if critical, will heal up to 3 nearby low-health targets for 50% of the healing done.
- Holy word: Sanctuary now lasts for 1 minute, has a 30s cooldown and increases single-target healing done by the priest to targets within the sanctuary by 10%.
- Holy Word: Chastise now knocks the target back and grants 2 stacks of serendipity.
Idea 2 is to make the Holy Word spells more available for use within the chakra they are intended.
- Holy Word: Serenity now has 3 charges. Charges will not regenerate while in Chakra: Sanctuary or Chakra: Chastise.
- Holy Word: Sanctuary now has 2 charges, does 100% increased healing, and may be placed in two places simultaneously.
- Holy Word: Chastise will now always critically strike, and place a DoT effect on the target for 100% of the damage done over 6 seconds.
Idea 1 is to again, give discipline a little more flexibility, in empowering disc's raw healing by using absorbs and mitigation effects.
- Borrowed Time gained by the priest after casting Power Word: Shield will now grant 15% spell haste and last 5 seconds or until the priest's next penance, which will have 25% increased critical effect.
- While Power Word: Barrier is active, the priest's AoE healing spells become 10% more effective.
Idea 2 is to make the priest's Power Word spells more effective and give them additional effects.
- Power Word: Shield's mana cost is increased by 25% but power word shield will now heal the target for an additional 15% of the absorb amount.
- Power Word: Barrier's cooldown is reduced by 45 seconds, and also makes those under the barrier immune to silence and interrupt effects entirely.
Idea 1 is to give shadow back a bit of that off-healing utility it used to have. When I levelled my priest to 85 before the MoP changes, I healed the whole way, as a shadow priest. Sure, it wasn't easy, but good abuse of VE and Vampiric Touch made it possible, and I even healed Cata Heroics in crappy gear with it. I cried when PoH and Greater Heal etc got taken away from us, and as much as many shadow priests prefer a more offensive style of play, I still have glyphed binding heal bound in raids, and do not hesitate to stop and spam it during intense moments to help out healers. I don't see shadow in a DPS raid role as a hybrid nowadays - it simply isn't. However, in intense moments where Survival > DPS, if I can help, I do.
- Damage Caused by your Shadow Word: Pain spell has a 5% chance to grant a stack of empowerment, decreasing cast time and increasing the healing of your next flash heal by 20% and causing it to heal up to 4 nearby low-health party or raid members for 100% of the healing done, spread between them.
- Shadow Word: Death now siphons the life essence of the target, healing a nearby low-health party or raid member for 50% of the damage done.
Idea 2 is a more DPS-oriented one, as shadow is of course a DPS class. In this idea, the Shadow Word spells empower the rotation, and make shadow damage spells more effective in some way.
- When you deal damage with Mind Sear to a target with Shadow Word: Pain you have a 5% chance to refresh its duration and spread it to another nearby enemy target.
- Imminent Demise - if Shadow Word: Death does not kill its target, your Shadow Word: Pain and Vampiric Touch Effects are refreshed on the target and do 2% increased damage, stacking up to 5 times. (Does not function with Glyph of Shadow Word: Death).
Hope you like my idea, even though it's just conjecture!!!