Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    The thing is, I am talking about story mode of the first dungeon. And you basically don't need those things beforehand. And then suddenly asking the whole group to have this weapon for that skill and these skills just to be able to beat story mode without graveyard zerging... at last for story mode of the first dungeon that's too much, imo.
    so just do the story mode and move along until you do have them.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The fact that only Paragon did HC Rag pre-nerf doesn't really mean anything to me. O_o
    saying something is too easy while not being able to do it untill nerfs happen... doesnt mean anything to me.
    Last edited by Insanoflex; 2012-08-28 at 05:01 PM.
    Dictated but not read.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    So, please tell me of this skill that allowes me to survive when we pull a group and I get insta stunned and AoEd to death before the stun wears off.

    THIS are things that are not hard but simply unfair. I just completed the normal version for the first time. I like a challenge, but if the challenge only consists of graveyard zerging because you can get insta gibbed without any reason that's not hard, that's just plain overtuned and unfair. Yeah, dodge it - as said above, tell me how I should dodge stuff like that.
    HOLY SHIT.

    Dodging pulls for dummis 101:

    When you pull the boss, all but 1 los.

    After, u can see him raise his sword in the air, in about 0.5s he will pull you, so that moment is when you dodge. as i said, pay attention to boss animations. so when you know hes about to pull, you simply PRESS DODGE, and he will not hook.
    rage player and it too
    Even if it sounds uber complicated, it is really not. I consider myself average player and it took me about 3 to 5 min t ograsp the concept, can't recall.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    The thing is, I am talking about story mode of the first dungeon. And you basically don't need those things beforehand. And then suddenly asking the whole group to have this weapon for that skill and these skills just to be able to beat story mode without graveyard zerging... at last for story mode of the first dungeon that's too much, imo.
    So basically you're saying that because dungeons actually force you to learn your class, try out alternative builds and not just your favorite snowflake, and work together with other people (like they do in every MMO), that's a bad thing?
    Corsair 500r - [email protected] - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Nobody did a certain AQ boss pre-nerf, either.
    you said WoW is too easy, then you say this.. make up your mind.
    Dictated but not read.

  5. #65
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    you said WoW is too easy, then you say this.. make up your mind.
    You're aware that boss was broken to be literally impossible to beat? Had nothing to do with mechanics or numbers.

    Besides, nothing in Cata or Wrath is anything like what they had in vanilla, or even in TBC.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 05:06 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You're aware that boss was broken to be literally impossible to beat? Had nothing to do with mechanics or numbers.

    Besides, nothing in Cata or Wrath is anything like what they had in vanilla.
    so you did Heroic Rag pre-nerf? or heroic LK before nerf / buffs ?
    Last edited by Insanoflex; 2012-08-28 at 05:07 PM.
    Dictated but not read.

  7. #67
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    so you did Heroic Rag pre-nerf?
    No. I'm simply saying that WoW just isn't hard enough. The "hard" that people talk about in WoW just isn't something I see as hard. People fail to shit like "move out of this circle!" or "interrupt that spell!" or "do your rotation!" and all I can think is that they're bad - there's no reason to fail at those kind of mechanics.

    If my guild wasn't a bunch of morons, I damn well would've beat Paragon to it. Just because the game is easy for me, doesn't mean I'm playing with 24 people who can actually grasp the game.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 05:07 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  8. #68
    How many modes are there? I only know of "story" and the aforementioned "explorer", a third one in between would satisfy everyone I believe, like a stepping stone between the two.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    If my guild wasn't a bunch of morons, I damn well would've beat Paragon to it. Just because the game is easy for me, doesn't mean I'm playing with 24 people who can actually grasp the game.
    so why werent you in a top raiding guild instead of one with a "bunch of morons".
    Dictated but not read.

  10. #70
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    so why werent you in a top raiding guild instead of one with a "bunch of morons".
    You act like I want to be in that kind of raiding guild. They take it to an extreme that I just have no interest in.


    You're suggesting that "casual" can't also mean skilled. Not that my guild was casual, anyways - certainly took a hardcore approach, but not Paragon's level of hardcore. They pretty much raid non-stop until the content is done, and only then do they take a normal raiding schedule.

    Point being that half the people in my guild just... couldn't grasp the simplest of raiding mechanics, at any time. And we tried our best to replace them, but people we replaced them with were just as bad. Unskilled players trying to raid hardcore will hold you back, every time.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 05:15 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  11. #71
    So instead of flexing our cocks about a different game, how about we keep it on topic.
    Corsair 500r - [email protected] - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    *snip*
    I wasn't talking about that boss, I wasn't even there yet. That was a nomal 3 mob group where one mob instantly stunned me and another one AoEd me down do death before the stun wore off. And I don't consider something like this fun, but simply unfair.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    So basically you're saying that because dungeons actually force you to learn your class, try out alternative builds and not just your favorite snowflake, and work together with other people (like they do in every MMO), that's a bad thing?
    No, but when you basically don't need any of this beforehand, because the normal leveling content is "too easy" compared to the dungeons and then suddenly are asked to use everything you have or even asks that you HAVE to use certain weapons because of skill A and you also have to train skill B for 3 skillpoints even if it's not helpful in the outside world at such a low level (imo, at least), that's more of a brickwall thing. I would like if it would have been a bit staggered. I don't even know how I would have done that, but it just feel overwhelming.

  13. #73
    I just tried AC (level 31 warrior) and it felt impossible as melee, I started with DW axes and was just getting 1-2 shot by everything so I equipped a shield and that didn't do much better It felt like I was wearing cloth I must have died about 50 times my endurance bar was always empty to, I just don't get it.

    Ya know in other games when the tanks die and the boss/mobs run around 1 shotting everything? to me that's how the whole run felt.
    Last edited by Flimsy; 2012-08-28 at 05:15 PM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You act like I want to be in that kind of raiding guild. They take it to an extreme that I just have no interest in.


    You're suggesting that "casual" can't also mean skilled. Not that my guild was casual, anyways - certainly took a hardcore approach, but not Paragon's level of hardcore. They pretty much raid non-stop until the content is done, and only then do they take a normal raiding schedule.
    when did i suggest that?

    I dont think you want to be in that kind of guild.. but like most armchair warriors your ego is probably far greater than your actual skill. If you said you finished content before nerfs then maybe you could be justified in calling something "too easy" but when you simply dismiss it because your guild wasnt good enough.. then its just funny
    Last edited by Insanoflex; 2012-08-28 at 05:18 PM.
    Dictated but not read.

  15. #75
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    when did i suggest that?
    Don't have to say it to suggest it. O_o
    Top raiding guilds typically aren't just the most skilled people, but also people who are dedicated enough to push for high progression - and know how to recruit other people with similar dedication.

    I'm not some "armchair" warrior for that matter - any more than anybody else on this forum is. It's not that hard to pick out whether or not somebody is skilled, and to measure your own skill. If you know your rotation, know the mechanics of the fight before going into the fight, don't fuck up a single mechanic, and manage to top the meters as a class that shouldn't be topping the meters, while ranking on WoL in the top 100 at worst (at least, before your guild falls behind in progression relative to the top guilds), then it's likely you know what you're doing.

    It's simply inarguable that WoW raiding is not dependent on one individual's skill, but the collective skill of all people in the raid group.


    And I simply find that WoW isn't difficult, on a personal, individual level. For me, the difficulty in WoW is finding a group that's not derp. And that's not what I consider a challenge, but an annoyance.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 05:22 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    No, but when you basically don't need any of this beforehand, because the normal leveling content is "too easy" compared to the dungeons and then suddenly are asked to use everything you have or even asks that you HAVE to use certain weapons because of skill A and you also have to train skill B for 3 skillpoints even if it's not helpful in the outside world at such a low level (imo, at least), that's more of a brickwall thing. I would like if it would have been a bit staggered. I don't even know how I would have done that, but it just feel overwhelming.
    Maybe it's because I like a challenge, but I'm constantly going after DEs and Hearts way above my level (3-7 levels higher) for the challenge. I throw tons of skillpoints and traits into survival and support because I find it fun.

    Also I typically play in a group of 2 or 3 so we like buffing and helping each other out.
    Corsair 500r - [email protected] - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Maybe it's because I like a challenge, but I'm constantly going after DEs and Hearts way above my level (3-7 levels higher) for the challenge. I throw tons of skillpoints and traits into survival and support because I find it fun.

    Also I typically play in a group of 2 or 3 so we like buffing and helping each other out.
    Completly the opposite what I do. I am an explorer and do everything, yes. The thing is, I trained my crafting skill and because you need so goddamn much mats, I had to complete 3 full starting zones and start a fourth just so I didn't need any more copper and got switch to iron and silver.
    Also, I am mostly running around alone, but that's basically because of that annoying overflow where the "join" function just doesn't work for me. >_>

  18. #78
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,457
    Theres one problem i have with this, your saying there impossible (theyve been done btw, i believe kungeons group killed it explorable) and that they need to be nerfed, however if there nerfed, people will say there way to easy. My opinion assuming there possible to do, but very challenging is keep them that way and only let players good enough do them. If i cant finish them because i am to bad, then tough ill stick with story modes.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I didn't quit raiding until Heroic mode Dragon Soul, and yes - I think they were all too ridiculously easy pre-nerf. Could complete Firelands in an hour. That's too fucking easy.
    That's quite a statement understanding this was your guild, it is like you only have a rough idea und make the rest up along the way.

    But tuning of high lvl dungeon looks interesting, with (you would guess) melee classes having to use range weapons because they are getting destroyed in melee range.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    You're pretty ignorant aren't you? I was level 42 when I attempted the dungeon yesterday. Don't believe me?

    http://i.imgur.com/MtQJH.jpg

    Better luck next time, buddy.
    I was responding to the link the person I quoted linked, not you. Sheesh, grok context

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •