Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I lol'd, stop lying.
    It ain't no lie. O_o
    There aren't any mechanics in WoW that are hard to execute. Some of them are hard to execute alone... I kinda got tired of being the only guy alive on HM Hagara during the ice phase. Well, me and that one Rogue, but somebody has to Vanish to mass rez, and he liked to "fight" for the chance to be that guy.

    I'm not particularly threatened by WoW, either, I just don't have any other MMORPG to bring up, because I haven't played others nearly as extensively. Never touched WAR, Rift, or SWTOR. I hear Rift's raiding is truly top-notch and challenging, and I've seen plenty of them say the same things about WoW PvE that I have been saying, but I can't really trust everything I read on the forums. Maybe I'll try playing Rift one day to see how the raiding truly compares, but I don't see the point.

    I've played City of Heroes, but never got a character to max level, so it'd be silly to bring that one up.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-29 at 06:04 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Now I'm not one to complain about GW2 because lets face it, it's a great game. However, this is something that bothers me greatly. What's that? Dungeon Explorer mode. It's probably the hardest thing I have ever attempted in any MMO. You think 25 man heroic with no debuff in WoW is hard? You haven't seen anything yet. Let me share with you my experience.

    Mini-Boss: The first encounter you will see in the explorer mode (Catacombs) is a massive Lizard that summons adds. This little boss was pretty much a push over. Once we beat him, then NPCs took us to their camp and we got to choose which path to take.

    Traps! Oh my: Next you will encounter some annoying traps that will literally one shot you. No big deal, they were easy to avoid.

    Second Mini-Boss: So the second little boss you encounter is a spider queen. Now this is where the pain starts to happen. You walk into this room with statue heads on the walls that shoot our fireballs that deal AoE damage. While we are trying to clear out this room, the spider boss randomly spawns on top of you. No problem, right? WRONG. The spider boss spawns with about 50 baby spider adds that literally one shot you. The second the spider boss spawned we all died because we had no time to react to it. After about 20 minutes trying to kill those small adds, we finally got the encounter to where only the spider boss was up. He had simple mechanics and we beat him.

    More fucking traps: Yup, more traps that one shot you.

    One of the main bosses: We finally reached one of the main bosses for the patch we choose. This is where the dungeon turned from very hard, but doable, to impossible to do. This boss is a human ghost. He has two adds that are Monks, these monks are a pain in the ass because they heal and deal a ton of damage and are hard to kill. So for our first attempt, like any sane person we decided to kill the monks straight away. So as a Ranger, I pulled the boss for my group and we started to focus one of the monks. About 5 seconds into the fight, our entire part gets pulled into the main boss and we get one shot. So after a few attempts, we learn that if you stand far enough from the boss, you can't get pulled into him and get one shot. By the way, you can't avoid dying once you get pulled in because the second you get pulled in, the boss instantly does a whirlwind. You are unable to dodge this after you get pulled. So by this time after we learned how to avoid his pull, we lasted about a minute into the fight. Still trying to kill the Monks.. We got one of the monks to 3% health and then next thing we know, the monk was healed back to full health. Oh, and we all got pulled into the boss and died again. Next few attempts, the boss started pulling us literally across the map. You know how in WoW Death Knights have that deathgrip? This is what the boss was doing to all of us one at a time. After about an hour of not getting anywhere with this boss, we gave up.


    I feel like the explorer modes are way over tuned. I mean, I love a challenge, but this isn't a challenge at all. It's literally impossible to do these dungeons in explorer mode at the recommended level (35). Remember we had 3 level 40s and two level 35s. Yes we all get down leveled to 35, but we are still stronger then a normal 35. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually beat a path on explorer mode yet for Catacombs. If so, I'd like to hear your strategy.

    If its too hard go back to wow. Besides, completing a dungeon the first time you experience it shows that it is not hard enough.

  3. #123
    i feel as though you shouldn't pug dungeons, i often found myself lasting longer than anyone else cause i was the only one actually trying to avoid the attacks.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojou View Post
    Oddly enough, I didn't say anything about getting 1 shot. So funny how your argument is so shallow that you actually had to make something up just to respond. But the whole "aint likely" part tells me you have no experience in explorable mode dungeons so far, so honestly, your opinion on content you haven't seen is completely moot.
    lol I dont have reasons to try to prove I'm right on the Internet, so feel free to believe so. Its hard, but not really impossible, we got past the spider mini boss, then reached the boss before my grp felt apart. And we are all in 50s downed to 35, with all the gears and skill points so at least I'm agree the dungeon is overturned.

    But again, feel free to belive I didnt know anything if it makes your life easier, lol.

  5. #125
    Oh my god, the lovers boss was the most painful one from the whole Story mode. Adelbern didn't even take 1 hp from me, highly dissapointed on that fight. Cant wait to hit around 50's before trying my first Expo mode (want some traits before joining one.)

  6. #126
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Oh my god, the lovers boss was the most painful one from the whole Story mode. Adelbern didn't even take 1 hp from me, highly dissapointed on that fight. Cant wait to hit around 50's before trying my first Expo mode (want some traits before joining one.)
    Huh really? what were you playing as? Because me and my group had 0 issue on the lovers lol, i think it was cause i kept point blank shotting the stupid elementalist bitch (now that they made it so she cock blocks melee and her lover cock blocks ranged)... that and boulders... and off tanking... but yeah for what ever reason Adelbern completely destroyed my team, i personally never got downed (well that's a lie i got downed from some random thing idk how but my pet picked me back up), but the rest of my group got completely demolished by him... me and my pet were the only ones to be standing/limping through a vast majority of that fight...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  7. #127
    wait....you don't to be 80 to do explorable modes...? I wish I knew that a while ago..

  8. #128
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    wait....you don't to be 80 to do explorable modes...? I wish I knew that a while ago..
    nope, but a lot of people are thinking they are TUNED for 80s (IE they're expecting you to be fully traited) so it may be harder when it suggests you to do it then it actually will be at 80.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Huh really? what were you playing as? Because me and my group had 0 issue on the lovers lol, i think it was cause i kept point blank shotting the stupid elementalist bitch (now that they made it so she cock blocks melee and her lover cock blocks ranged)... that and boulders... and off tanking... but yeah for what ever reason Adelbern completely destroyed my team, i personally never got downed (well that's a lie i got downed from some random thing idk how but my pet picked me back up), but the rest of my group got completely demolished by him... me and my pet were the only ones to be standing/limping through a vast majority of that fight...
    Just found out about that boulder tactic, i'm ashamed. I play Greatsword/Rifle Warrior with Power/Defense traits. I had a roar which gives some buffs, take no dmg utlity and faster reg/remove conditions sig. Elite was Sig of Rage. I knew that keeping them appart is the way to do this so i went hammer to knock them away and frankly it was all going good until the female one got to like 70%. Her bf went nuts and killed me like 250 times.

    On Adelbern we had one slightly less skilled thief dying once, but she got ressed really fast so no problems. Rest of the fight everyone was just dodging and doing their best to evade dmg, np.

  10. #130
    Has anyone actually beaten the Asura path (Cata Explorer Mode)? If so, what was your strategy for the burrow event? We can get to about 60%, but then we get overwhelmed with adds. You have the burrows that summons adds, then you have the big lizards that also summon adds. Gets crazy.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-08-29 at 10:50 PM.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Has anyone actually beaten the Asura path (Cata Explorer Mode)? If so, what was your strategy for the burrow event? We can get to about 60%, but then we get overwhelmed with adds. You have the burrows that summons adds, then you have the big lizards that also summon adds. Gets crazy.
    Spread group out to handle the burrows. Two spawn at a time, and there are 6 in total. I can solo 1 as a staff ele in about 6 seconds

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    Spread group out to handle the burrows. Two spawn at a time, and there are 6 in total. I can solo 1 as a staff ele in about 6 seconds
    So only 6 burrows spawn in total? How did you deal with the Breeder spawning in more adds? Did you have someone kite him and the little adds around? I understand we have the kill the burrows, but we're having a hard time controlling all the adds from attacking the objects.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-08-29 at 11:00 PM.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So only 6 burrows spawn in total? How did you deal with the Breeder spawning in more adds? Did you have someone kite him and the little adds around? I understand we have the kill the burrows, but we're having a hard time controlling all the adds from attacking the objects.
    adds spawn from the Burrows, the longer it is up, the more adds you get.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Adversarius View Post
    adds spawn from the Burrows, the longer it is up, the more adds you get.
    Adds also spawn from the Breeder.

  15. #135
    I'm almost convinced the explorer mode is designed for lvl 80 with fully developed traits and spill over stats from lvl 80 gear >.> We ll just enjoy story mode for now.

  16. #136
    Dreadlord shimargh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    somewhere near here and there
    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Hopefully they don't go the way of certain other developers and nerf everything when people whine that 'its hard'.
    OH BOY!
    lets pray for that!
    really O____O
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    FFVII is the NIRVANA of the RPGs, i mean the band of course. WAAAAY TOO OVERRATED. waay too.

  17. #137
    Tried the 1st path with a bunch of 40's and a 60, got to the first boss with a few deaths, wiped a few times getting his adds down one at a time and finally got to fight him solo. I started getting the timing down on blocking his pull for my group (guardian) and we got him with a really flawless attempt. The burrow event kicked our ass for about an hour before we gave up. Breeder needed to be interrupted every 10 seconds, and scavengers basically kill people like hunters from left 4 dead. We had no way to effectively spread to control the scavengers and stop the breeder from spawning things. Most wipes were to scavengers killing the escort, still not sure if this is doable before 80.

  18. #138
    The tears are so delicious .

    Seriously, explorer mode is not designed to be completed by everyone - deal with it. It's either you have the capability to finish it or don't.

    For me? I wish they could be tougher, we finished explo AC with 4 guildm8s and one (quite useless) random. It was quite underwhelming experience as we were prepared for "omgwtfpwn" difficulty and we received something that is somewhat challenging, but far from impossible (very, very far :P ).

    If you can't finish the explo mode you should:
    - check your gear, smile to crafters and get some proper stats for your spec. I die little bit inside when I see people with +condition damage gear while attempting to play burst spec
    - check your traits. If you run around with 2handed Hammer, you don't need traits that support a rifle :P.
    - learn other classes. The biggest fail of all is to not know what other people in your party have to offer in terms of their profession's abilities. Use their CDs to your advantage!
    - learn to play
    The spice must flow..

  19. #139
    Bloodsail Admiral Riavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiped View Post
    The tears are so delicious .

    Seriously, explorer mode is not designed to be completed by everyone - deal with it. It's either you have the capability to finish it or don't.

    For me? I wish they could be tougher, we finished explo AC with 4 guildm8s and one (quite useless) random. It was quite underwhelming experience as we were prepared for "omgwtfpwn" difficulty and we received something that is somewhat challenging, but far from impossible (very, very far :P ).

    If you can't finish the explo mode you should:
    - check your gear, smile to crafters and get some proper stats for your spec. I die little bit inside when I see people with +condition damage gear while attempting to play burst spec
    - check your traits. If you run around with 2handed Hammer, you don't need traits that support a rifle :P.
    - learn other classes. The biggest fail of all is to not know what other people in your party have to offer in terms of their profession's abilities. Use their CDs to your advantage!
    - learn to play
    Watch as they nerf it to the ground, pity they want most people to play it, not just the few neckbeards who think they're radical at video games.
    It's not really skill anyway, it's more diablo 3's version of skill, non-boss mobs that hard giant hp meatslabs and if you die you just run back from the spawn, sometimes whilst the combat is still going. Skill, BAH, more like waste of time.

    I don't thik A-net will leave it the way it currently is, they learnt this lesson with gw1.
    Last edited by Riavan; 2012-08-30 at 07:38 AM.

  20. #140
    I was under the impression that exploreables are tuned for lvl 80s

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •