Thread: Already bored

Post Already bored

They said this would be a revolutionary MMO because of the combat system, I find it to be the same as usual but with an added Dodge button and nothing else.

-PvP is really boring, there is no individual skill involved as everyone moves as a group and there is no chance of winning if you are outnumbered.
    -Questing(or 'Tasks') is incredibly mindless and has nothing new to offer and some of them are only annoyance rather than being fun.(Not to mention trying to find them)
    -Leveling in general is so slow, it's not even worth it to Grind mobs to level up when compared to Tasks.
    -Graphics are the only good side I find, as to be expected from a game from 2012. However there are so many FPS issues that people are having(I run the game fine at ~70 FPS all maxed)

All in all, I had fun for 20-ish hours and now I can't be bothered to log in.

Tl;dr Overhyped game is Overhyped, same as all MMOs(they give nothing new, using WoW as the comparison due to it being the top of the market)

tl:dr whining about what was stated to be in the game, ignored the other massive whine thread, thinks he is something special.

That about sums it up? Enemies give you low experience by design. PvP is very fun. Try a coordinated attack on a keep. Leveling is not slow, not at all. I've not had any graphical problems either.

Anyone who is bored already shouldn't have bought the game in the first place, and fallen prey to the Hype.

The game is still new, and only launched today for the rest of the world, so the chances are this is nothing more then an attempt to start a Flame Thread, because you know for a fact that the whole world is yet to get involved in the game.

You didn't post this in the Negative Opinions Thread.. why exactly?
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-08-28 at 09:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    -PvP is really boring, there is no individual skill involved as everyone moves as a group and there is no chance of winning if you are outnumbered.
    The game doesn't take control of your character as soon as there's 2+ other players nearby. If "everyone moves as a group", that's a personal problem as opposed to the game's problem. If you don't want to move with a group, why in the name of Colin do you move with a group?

-Questing(or 'Tasks') is incredibly mindless and has nothing new to offer and some of them are only annoyance rather than being fun.(Not to mention trying to find them)
    Personal opinion. Can't argue with it.

-Leveling in general is so slow, it's not even worth it to Grind mobs to level up when compared to Tasks.
    Hang on... hang on. Let's see that one in action replay.
    it's not even worth it to Grind mobs to level up
    And this is a bad thing... why?

-Graphics are the only good side I find, as to be expected from a game from 2012. However there are so many FPS issues that people are having(I run the game fine at ~70 FPS all maxed)
    GFX card manufacturers haven't yet optimized their drivers for the game perfectly. Nvidia released their beta drivers for increased GW2 performance today or yesterday, IIRC. AMD still haven't released any to my knowledge.

Deleted
    Sounds to me you just putted your expectations about the game to high...Like i said many times before its still an MMO you can not expect this to be totally different then from other mmo's... People are just really stupid on this part...
    And btw this game is not a grindfest , thats why mobs give so low exp...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Sounds to me you just putted your expectations about the game to high...Like i said many times before its still an MMO you can not expect this to be totally different then from other mmo's... People are just really stupid on this part...
    And btw this game is not a grindfest , thats why mobs give so low exp...
    ah yes but one the best ways to get xp is to explore and really isn't my thing, dynamic events are optional quests. they are just called dynamic events.
    and it sounds to me like he PUT his expectations where they should have been considering the massive hype this game has.
    Last edited by Pacabra; 2012-08-28 at 09:31 AM.

Tl;dr Overhyped game is Overhyped, same as all MMOs(they give nothing new, using WoW as the comparison due to it being the top of the market)
    I can understand PVP not being of your taste, but complaining about having to search for quests and that it takes long to level-up? Oh WoW, with your mouth-feeding, how you have ruined players...
    -Exploring the world is one of the basic gameplay features of an open world game. That is why the open world exists. Complaining about having to explore in an open-world game is like complaining that you have to learn combos in Tekken.
    -As for levelling being slow, that is exactly how levelling should be in a role-playing game. The biggest part of the game is the levelling-up process in almost every game; even in WoW that was the case in Vanilla, when it took months to get to level 60. And there is a very good reason that that happens. Levelling-up offers the most progressively varied content, changing scenery, moving through stories, gaining new skills, obtaining even more powerful rewards; in general offering much, much more than grinding the same dungeons or bettlegrounds for points. That is how role-playing games are! From tabletop role-playing games to the latest digital opus fro Bioware or Bethesda, progressively varied content is the most interesting part of the game. It's only in Blizzard's fubar game that things have become so twisted that an entire open world is left to rot away. WHy would ArenaNet ever want something like that?

I can understand these things and I am not even playing GW2 for the time being due to time constraints, and find myself more inclined to give WoW another try when I can actually; but complaining about what makes role-playing games so fun seems so weird to me.

Deleted
    They said this would be a revolutionary MMO because of the combat system, I find it to be the same as usual but with an added Dodge button and nothing else.

Oh yeah , i can see that ....
    In other games if i am outnumbered i can win .....

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have numerous threads about this, we don't need more.