Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyspudd View Post
    This is a nooby question...How do I get a bow as a ranger? I've been running around for like 7 levels now with 2 axes..
    Enemies can of course drop a bow for you, but that's pretty much about luck. These Renown Hearts, when you have completed them, the NPC becomes a vendor and can sell all different kind of stuff to you, but you need to find the right one who sells the thing you want.

Otherwise, you can go to a normal [Weapon Vendor] guy, and he can sell you a normal common shortbow, or longbow.
    Last edited by mmoc78d225b3dd; 2012-09-01 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every city has a weaponsmith that sells every weapon, available to low-level players. You just need the copper for it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-01 at 12:53 PM ----------

Brand new tip that most people might not have figured out:

The damage of each skill is calculated using the damage range of the associated weapon.

This means that if you have the weaker weapon in your main-hand, the 123 skills will be weaker, but the 45 skills will be stronger. (not sure how it's calculated for the Thief dual skills, probably in this one case it's calculated using both weapons)
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Good stuff to point out, particularly gathering tools. Didn't figure that out till about half way through the starter zone.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayam View Post
    If I roll on a low-pop server while waiting for my guild's chosen "FULL" server to open up, can I just erase the toons from the low-pop one and move my home? If not, what are the rules governing a payed transfer? As soon as a sot opens on the "FULL" server can I just instantly pay and transfer or are there any other terms I must qualify for to transfer?
    I didn't see anyone answer this yet, but right now transfers are free. You don't have to delete them or pay. Just have to keep going back to the server screen to see when it is not 'FULL'. Try an off peak time. My fiance did this to get on my server (she just started a couple of days ago).
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-09-02 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    could the reddit link be updated?
    it doesnt work

On the quest in Diessa Plateau where you feed the cows bugs, if you target a cow, underneath it will say what bugs it eats. Took me forever to notice that.

I must not be the only one cause I see a lot of people running from cow to cow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammyspudd View Post
    This is a nooby question...How do I get a bow as a ranger? I've been running around for like 7 levels now with 2 axes..
    They drop, sometimes.. I was wondering the same about staff, but well, happens. IF you're going mad without, buy a karma one or a gray one for cheap, when possible

This thread must be made sticky imo.
    I learned some useful stuff from here.

Deleted
    Just remembered a new one.

If you're in range of a heart quest and you're in a party with someone who's also in range of the same heart quest, they'll have a little heart icon on their portrait. If it's full, they've completed the heart; if it's empty, you can hover over it to see how close they are to completing it (in percentages 0-100%).

Might be a stupid question, but how do you stop casting? For example if I hit the channeled lightning and the guy isn't in range or dies or whatnot, it'll still channel the full time. Same with cast times on spells and the enemy dies before cast is finished, is there some way to stop the cast?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but how do you stop casting? For example if I hit the channeled lightning and the guy isn't in range or dies or whatnot, it'll still channel the full time. Same with cast times on spells and the enemy dies before cast is finished, is there some way to stop the cast?
    I think hitting escape it the only way. (I think)
    Last edited by Dodrin; 2012-09-04 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I think hitting escape it the only way. (I think)
    You just have to put away your weapons. Its unbound by default. Look all the way at the bottom of the keybindings and you'll see one for putting away/taking out weapons. I made mine Z because it was what WoW's was by default and I'm used to it. It stops attacks, but I've not tried it with utility slots so don't quote me on that working for those.

EDIT: Its especially helpful in dungeons when a mob puts up a reflective shield. I've learned that lesson the hard way.
    Last edited by joecool4433; 2012-09-04 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joecool4433 View Post
    You just have to put away your weapons. Its unbound by default. Look all the way at the bottom of the keybindings and you'll see one for putting away/taking out weapons. I made mine Z because it was what WoW's was by default and I'm used to it. It stops attacks, but I've not tried it with utility slots so don't quote me on that working for those.

EDIT: Its especially helpful in dungeons when a mob puts up a reflective shield. I've learned that lesson the hard way.
    Thanks, I'd also made mine Z already, so that fits the mold.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Tips:

Ranger - Always use Heal over time, it helps you and your pet.
    You can switch pets in combat, so if your pet does happen to die, switch and carry on, while new pet is out , other one gains its health back.
    Spike Trap is awesome.
    Jungle Spider (so far for me) has been the best for DPS as it has Poison/CC, and Shark for water as it has knock back and fear
    Longbow/Short Bow (for me at least) has been the best combo thus far, lots of dmg/Control/Evade mechanisms

Misc info -
    /deaths (tells how you many times you have died, includes pvp tho)
    /Age (same as /played in WoW)

Emotes -(not so commonly known ones) - All these have animations and some have sounds

/Surprised
    /Salute
    /Bow
    /Cower
    /Yes
    /No
    /Ponder
    /Threaten
    /Kneel

Separating stacks, hold ALT and Drag with mouse, release and a pop up box with amount will appear

Gathering herbs, fruit, veg etc has a chance to drop Dye (as well as all nodes giving xp, so why wouldn't you?)

Turning off Shadows and reflections, gives Massive FPS boost, if you find your FPS too low oh and the game still looks just as good (max level users)

ETA: Rez fellow players, don't be an ass
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-09-05 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    Some tips (not sure if they've been mentioned on the past 7 pages):

>You can draw on both the mini-map and main map (very useful highlighting area's, paths for party members) but holding down shift and drawing.
    > "/wiki" will take you to the official GW2 wiki.

Ever run to a place where your map indicated a gathering node was but can't find anything?
    If you look at the mini-map closely you can see a little arrow next to some nodes, vistas etc. It indicates the point is above or below the current level you are on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrogg View Post
    Ever run to a place where your map indicated a gathering node was but can't find anything?
    If you look at the mini-map closely you can see a little arrow next to some nodes, vistas etc. It indicates the point is above or below the current level you are on.
    Oooo didn't know/see that.. nice one !

No longer applies to me because I never goto overflow anymore. But if you are gathering, you can get double resources from an area by staying on the overflow until you've mined/lumberjacked the area. When you switch, all the resources are back.