Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviskers View Post
    Yeah but PvP power increases the damage you do to other players which will hopefully even things out.
    ye hopefully do, but on lvl 90 with that pvp gear. but now for one month it will be same shit as it was on ptr - noone dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunslayer View Post
    TThe Boomer and Spriest are the only legit complaints imo as they both either get free healing procs. Boomkins get clearcasting and Spriest has ridic mana regen tools.
    Priests don't get free healing procs.

Priest have to drop Shadowform to cast Flash Heal.

In the video with the Priest, if you watch closely, his HP jumps twice. He is at 117k HP and it goes to 173k HP after he finishes casting Flash and then it further jumps to 360k. This is a 2minute CD that is also on live - Desperate Prayer (30% HP).

Let's break this down. Flash heal heals for 56k (of a 391k health pool), so 14.3% of his HP. Desperate Prayer then heals for 187k, so 47.8% of his HP.

But wait! I hear you say, How can that second heal be Desperate Prayer if it doesn't heal for 30% HP?! Simple answer, PvP Power.

It's quite reasonable to expect 40-50% PvP Power in full (MoP, level 90) gear depending on gems and enchants. We can see that for DP to heal over 45% HP, the Priest had 59.3% PvP Power.

This raises 2 points. Firstly, it seems that the Priest has stacked PvP Power to provide a huge boost to healing (DP scales awesomely with it). With the fact Zumio ignores Desperate Prayer in the first place, it looks as though the video is very biased (hunters don't have self heals QQ).

Second point is a good point (although it didn't have to be alluded to in such a biased manner), and it is that healing scales too well with healing, especially for Hybrids. Now, I'm not sure when exactly this footage was taken, but healing increase from PvP Power has been HALVED in a recent build. If this was taken before the nerf, then it won't be an issue anymore. After is a different kettle of fish.

Let's look at live for a second.

In my PvP gear (Shadow Priest, BiS PvP gear) on live I have 160k HP and can Flash heal for 16k (10% of HP) - caveat, dependant on arena comps.

In that video, the Priest Flash Healed for 56k on a 391k health pool (14.3% of HP). BUT this is with 59.3% PvP power! Without PvP Power it would be down to 35k only 9% of HP, which is actually LESS than on live.

To sum up, I've used Priest as an example as I'm most familiar with it, I could have used others, but I feel my point will stand in most circumstances (Ele and Ret do look a tad OP, but could go live with minor tweaks).

I'm not saying that self healing in that video is not OP, but it has been shown in a biased (or naive) way.

IF that is after the 50% nerf to PvP Power's affect on healing, there are still issues. A simple fix would be to remove the healing benefit from PvP on hybrids.

But, if that video was pre-nerf, then we should be seeing numbers that are ~75% of those, which is more reasonable in MOST cases. Casted heals are too much of an issue, instant heals are teh bigger culprit and could probably be toned down. Something to chew on anyway, it's not THAT bad

Person A: My class is too weak, buff! / X class is too strong 1v1, nerf!
    Person B: Blizzard doesn't balance around 1v1. Arena is all that matters.

Blizzard, pre-Cata: We aren't balancing around arena anymore, because it's too gimmicky.

Person A: My class is too weak, buff! / X class is too strong 1v1, nerf!
    Person B: Blizzard doesn't balance around 1v1. Arena is all that matters.

I'm waiting for the day people quit referencing arena as the end all be all for PvP. Most people don't even do it anymore.

stupid OP is stupid i play ele shaman so was only concerned with that and as others have posted....look at that ele shaman he was gonna be oom in another 10 seconds, then what? thunderstorm for mana and spam lightning bolt our WEAKEST attack to try gain some mana back....yay man its gonna dominate 1v1..../trollface

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Give me a break. Have you overlooked the fact that word of glory, flash heal, healing surge, etc can be cast on ARENA PARTNERS as well?
    That leaves paladins as the only OP class from the list right? Ehm...that doesn't sound too new, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflay View Post
    Reading the title might give you a hint!
    Ha..
    All i'm seeing in this video is a very average hunter (average, at best), without the optimal pvp sepc, and what seems to be very poor pvp gear (just by assumption of the numbers). Not only that, but also these duels are lasting, what.. 15 seconds on average? With CD's being popped and where mana is not an issue.
    And from that you can justify the qq for massive nerfs?!.. cool story.
    If you want to give decent feedback, show competitive duels, or futhermore, show some co-ordinated BG's, where you can then use the 'balance' issue more accurately.

So again, after 'reading the title' - I'm unsure what this video is supposed to prove?

(Also coming from a non-hybrid)
    Last edited by PureGenius; 2012-08-28 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    I dont understand how can anyone defend these discusting healing levels.

Even if you play one of the god mode classes like retri@lolheals you will get bored fast because non healers will stop playing, you will end up with 30m warsongs where nobody dies ever.

Some players think being god mode broken is fun and dont realize their fun is going to end later in the game if the imbalances continue.
    I don't think there is enough amount of people who are stupid enough to think that broken heals are good. It is literally disgusting and makes me want to just quit pvp alltogether.

Quote Originally Posted by scdogg44 View Post
    If you are asking blizzard this question then why are you on here asking it? I'm confused.
    Durr, yeah really, why would ANYONE post ANYTHING on these forums? Do us a favor, go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'd like everyone to look up Cataclysm beta videos of insane damage/healing, because this is the exact same thing. If it's OP, it'll be fixed.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

only thing the video proved is this zumio person is an idiot.
    Last edited by Marema; 2012-08-28 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    Illana, sitting on the Forums crying that you have to work to win a Duel helps no one. 1v1 balance was abandoned ages ago. It is just Rock-Paper-Scissors.

As for the Healing, when a Hybrid class just stands and heals, you are not at risk. It makes sense then that you are fighting their Mana Pool, not the class. Let's see how OP they are when that Hunter learns to interrupt, and the opponent has to run to get in range, use damage dealing abilities and the like. I see no issue, especially when you take into account the staged aspect of the video. (Plus Warriors are arguably not a hybrid class with true Heals anyway).

On a personal note: Illana, you should try looking at things from a more positive attitude. I can't see how you could enjoy any MMO, or any other social en devour, with the negative attitude you present here, on the Forums.
    Illana is planning to leave the game, saying all hunters should say no to expertise and unsub - thread i saw earlier this evening ^^ So maybe we will not be hearing so many wails in the future

Another thread created by someone who has know clue what beta means. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    I don't think there is enough amount of people who are stupid enough to think that broken heals are good. It is literally disgusting and makes me want to just quit pvp alltogether.
    dont you see the sea of idiots defending these completely broken heals because they want to be god mode completely ignoring the effects this will have in every PvP scenario?

Is jaw dropping, these kind of players will try to justify for example a 60% raw dps advantage (lets say) and claim is balanced because their class was not top last season.
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-08-28 at 09:01 PM.

I really feel sorry for the developers having to put up with pvp'ers. I've never seen a more pitiful bunch of group whining and bickering in my life. The ironic thing is the loudest complainers claim to not even subscribe. If that's the case, why *should* you be listened to?

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    I really feel sorry for the developers having to put up with pvp'ers. I've never seen a more pitiful bunch of group whining and bickering in my life. The ironic thing is the loudest complainers claim to not even subscribe. If that's the case, why *should* you be listened to?
    Yea because a HUGE problem which WILL cause endless stalemate matches, 30 minute BGs and arenas and the complete uselessness of every single pure in a PvP environment is clearly nitpicking, pointless QQing about 1v1 -_- clearly you are a smart one

Quote Originally Posted by Foxray View Post
    Blizzard doesn't care about arena or pvp. They've managed to ignore an entire community for a whole expansion.

Disgusting. This is why I'm unsubbed.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but serious time spent focusing on the PvP aspect of this game was never an intention of Blizzard. It's a PvE game with PvP minigames, and Blizzard has simply added things to facilitate those who wish to spend more time PvPing than PvEing. It's a miracle, really, that they have done as much as they have for you PvP sorts. But at the end of the day, you sorta just have to come to terms with the fact that PvP is far less of a priority to Blizzard than PvE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Glad I don't PvP.

Deleted
    Take your pick

[] Resilience will fix it
    [] It's balanced at level 90
    [] Pvp is not about 1v1

Pm me your address. I'll send you a box of Kleenex.

What I find funny about Paladins is we were nerfed in Cata because of our self healing, and penalized with a 20 second CD on WoG. Now we have no CD, and our tier bonuses (Prot) even give us MORE self healing.

GG Blizz, gg.