Thread: Kill Steal

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kill Steal

Just need to get this off my chest.

Kill Stealing: I hate this freaking term. So much. I blow up in chat when ever I see someone spam "ksksksksks" just because their target escaped beyond a turret, and I tower dive it to secure the kill.

League of Legends is a game where 3 or 5 people join in a team, to fight against another team to destroy their nexus.

Key word there is Team. You are in a team, all kills are for the good of the team. It does not matter if you get the kill or your [B]team[B]mate does.

So you miss out on a little bit of gold getting the assist over the kill instead of the kill itself. Does you're ego feel better if you get the most kills but still lose cause you had to try and 1v1 everything and get stomped yourself?

I have had a lot of people get the killing blow on a target I was chasing, or I was running from to get my cds back and they came out of no where and killed him. Some have even apologized for "ksing" me. I say the same thing "As long as he died and we didn't".

I would rather go 0/0/20(and I have) as long as my team wins. It does not matter who gets the kill as long as their players get shut down for a few seconds.

Here is a good example of how bad this is: I had a Darius on my team go 1v1 against the opposing Darius in mid lane. My teams Darius was winning, but he already used all his cds, the enemy Darius exhausts him and runs for the center turrets, I(playing Kayle) come charging down mid lane, my Darius stops chasing from the turret, I pop my W on myself for speed, rush the turret, pop my ult on myself and secure the kill on the enemy Darius, giving my teams Darius assist gold, he wasn't gonna get gold at all had Darius escaped, and he told me to "suck his ****" for ksing him.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-08-28 at 07:22 PM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I agree with you completely, people just love to complain about ks when it makes them look bad its ridiculous, it's a team game for a reason, you're playing to make sure your team wins, not to make yourself look good.
    Miranda Rights: Miranda has the right to a decent man to help her raise her baby.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna play the devil's advocate a little bit and agree with some of your statement and disagree with others.

I think for me and for others they just don't have a better way to express their frustration.

What bugs me when someone "killsteals" is when they COULD have helped and actually contributed to the kill instead they wait in the shadows and force you to do all the work and then wait for both players to retreat and then mop up the kill.

Its the mopping up that pisses me off... contribute, HELP me... why both the enemy and i have to get 50% or lower for you to deem it worthy to step in is beyond me. Not only that if you would help out sooner we could tear thru the lone enemy player and push the lane a bit. More often than not the person doing the "killstealing" won't push the lane solo will drop in for the kill and then leave...

More often than not... the person with the top kills... is the WORST team player, and the one with the WORST attitude and regardless of how good you think you are, or how much you are contributing to the win... i'd rather lose and not play with you, than to have to put up with your un-sportsmanship behavior, your sacrifice teammate for your own benefit attitude.

I said YOU a lot as if it was actually YOU... but the type of player I'm describing who is NOT a team player, does not sound like you. In most cases I am grateful that someone is able to secure a kill where I was unable to. In fact I get pissed (especially when I die) when I ping, ping, ping, ping get the enemy to <10% hp and get no help whatsoever despite having teammates close enough to have solo killed the enemy.

That's the only time I'll bitch about ksing. When someone sits back and waits for me to get an enemy low and then come in and kill. I tend to come flying in out of nowhere myself when an enemy is low, but that's cause I was already heading into the lane to help my teammate, then I'll slaughter the minions and push the turret. I also hate it when I spend time and effort to bring an enemy low, with me still at 50% or more, just to see Ezreal's, Ashes, or Dravens ult come flying in and get the killing blow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    I'm gonna play the devil's advocate a little bit and agree with some of your statement and disagree with others.

I think for me and for others they just don't have a better way to express their frustration.

What bugs me when someone "killsteals" is when they COULD have helped and actually contributed to the kill instead they wait in the shadows and force you to do all the work and then wait for both players to retreat and then mop up the kill.

Its the mopping up that pisses me off... contribute, HELP me... why both the enemy and i have to get 50% or lower for you to deem it worthy to step in is beyond me. Not only that if you would help out sooner we could tear thru the lone enemy player and push the lane a bit. More often than not the person doing the "killstealing" won't push the lane solo will drop in for the kill and then leave...

More often than not... the person with the top kills... is the WORST team player, and the one with the WORST attitude and regardless of how good you think you are, or how much you are contributing to the win... i'd rather lose and not play with you, than to have to put up with your un-sportsmanship behavior, your sacrifice teammate for your own benefit attitude.

I said YOU a lot as if it was actually YOU... but the type of player I'm describing who is NOT a team player, does not sound like you. In most cases I am grateful that someone is able to secure a kill where I was unable to. In fact I get pissed (especially when I die) when I ping, ping, ping, ping get the enemy to <10% hp and get no help whatsoever despite having teammates close enough to have solo killed the enemy.
    I've only played one game where someone other than me pinged to secure a kill. I was Ezreal and I was hitting cross map ults all game so this Fiora just walks away from an easy kill since both her and the lux had 10% health and she didn't want to loose her spree. From my inhib tower in mid lane to the lux at her second tower in bot lane, snipe kill. This Fiora was possibly one of the nicest players I've ever seen when it comes to getting kills since she would set them up for me or another teammate and I actually did steal a kill from her with my ult in a fight I didn't belong in. On top of it all, she had the most kills all game and still went out of her way to feed us instead of just going hyper carry mode.

OT: I'm sure everyone here minus a few will agree with you. Those people are annoying as all hell. When they do a legitimate KS it's okay, but god forbid you get the kill in a gank or skirmish, because apparently no one else is allowed kills but them.

If no one else would have gotten an assist, its worth it for someone to "kill steal" even like that. Ive gone to gank a lane, arrived as the enemy is nearly dead and my choice is KS and earn my team 70% more gold or not KS and my team doesnt earn 70% more gold. Its a pretty easy decision imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    That's the only time I'll bitch about ksing. When someone sits back and waits for me to get an enemy low and then come in and kill. I tend to come flying in out of nowhere myself when an enemy is low, but that's cause I was already heading into the lane to help my teammate, then I'll slaughter the minions and push the turret. I also hate it when I spend time and effort to bring an enemy low, with me still at 50% or more, just to see Ezreal's, Ashes, or Dravens ult come flying in and get the killing blow.
    Here is the thing with their ults. If it's a player like me, they're ulting for the assist, gold, and damage advantage you now have to win the fight. If I get the kill, most of the time it's sheer dumb luck. The global skill shot ults get a ton of crap for KSing, but it takes a lot of skill and timing to even hit them cross map, not counting doing it for the kill.

Considering League of Legends is a game where every single "role" (not that this game has roles anymore) can do huge amounts of damage, basically making everyone a 'carry' (not that this game has those anymore, either) there's really no such thing as killstealing.

Anyone can gets items and 'carry' the team, the kill works for whatever hero happens to get it.

but it takes a lot of skill and timing to even hit them cross map, not counting doing it for the kill.
    Only if they're moving around a lot. The "skill shot" ults all travel at like 850 units of speed and have hitboxes nearly the size of the lanes.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-08-28 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    If no one else would have gotten an assist, its worth it for someone to "kill steal" even like that. Ive gone to gank a lane, arrived as the enemy is nearly dead and my choice is KS and earn my team 70% more gold or not KS and my team doesnt earn 70% more gold. Its a pretty easy decision imo.
    That's not KSing, it's you showing up to help your team fight. You never know what might happen to change the team fight. I had one that was 4vs4, my team was winning, I was heading there, saw they were going to win stopped to push mid lane(they were bot) Fiddle, came flashing in from the jungle, ult, and downed my entire team.

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    Here is the thing with their ults. If it's a player like me, they're ulting for the assist, gold, and damage advantage you now have to win the fight. If I get the kill, most of the time it's sheer dumb luck. The global skill shot ults get a ton of crap for KSing, but it takes a lot of skill and timing to even hit them cross map, not counting doing it for the kill.
    I have fired those ults off myself to assist in the kill when the enemy is above 50%, or below 50% running and might escape, not when my teammate will clearly kill him just so I can get the kill, I'd rather save it to make sure it isn't needed at another time within it's cd timer.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2012-08-28 at 08:32 PM.

I've raged about killstealing before in the sense that if I've got into a fight with someone mid or bot lane, got them to low health and I'm about to take the kill and a fucking Darius runs in for the slam dunk. People running in, taking the last hit in a fight they had no part of, and running back to lane again irritates me. I have no issue if people are taking the kill in a teamfight or if the enemy is escaping, but more often than not it happens to be people taking kills from me I've done all the work for. Champs ulting for a kill that's almost complete annoys me.

I had an Ahri bitch at me for securing a kill midlane when I was jungling as Eve because the enemy Akali was well beyond her turret, so I run in through jungle whilst she's recalling, Q and E. Ahri had actually started to retreat when I ran in for this kill.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Deleted
    I agree mostly with you but earlier this day, I was bot as Twitch with a support Sorana. At start I got the other two very low (where even my DOT would finish them off). She didn't attack them untill the last milisecond to get the kill. I have no problem if people, especially support, assists me in getting the kill (snaring, stunning, healing me, ...) but just waiting and doing nothing untill the last moment, that's not fair.

I only worry about KSing if its really early in the game. I really prefer in the early game to get kills on my damage dealers, THEN i don't worry about where the kill goes, since a kill is a kill. I would like to get my AP carry and my AD carry as fed as possible and THEN we can go around killing people so its to the team, since at that point they don't really need much more.

KS to me means Kill Secured, and I just laugh at the people that bitch about stealing kills. I can get enough other kills during the game, feel free to steal one from me
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

The sort of player who complains about KS is the sort that I would not enjoy playing alongside. I find the attitude and impulse to be both selfish and lowly. Unfortunately the design and style of play in MOBAs are conducive to this kind of outlook.

Nature of the beast and all that.

Play with friends. Be a snob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im on your team here, people complain of ks specially in a team fight are just ignorant. Although sometimes I have legit ksed on dominion a few times by running up and getting only the last hit on an enemy hehe my bad. Nowadays ill just let them get the kill when I know they have done a significant amount of damage to the enemy and I just came in near the end of a fight. Also darius can get annoying sometimes when he gets EVERY SINGLE kill. I dont say anything in chat, but on the inside I am raging hardcore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    KS to me means Kill Secured, and I just laugh at the people that bitch about stealing kills.
    HaHa i do the same thing and on the topic I usually never rage for ks unless I know my ignite or whatever dot would kill the enemy and some1 (its Darius) comes and takes the kill

Deleted
    I always try to get all the kills if i play a AP or AD carry... And sometimes even as a bruiser... Some bruisers can really do good damage while being kinda tanky...
    My team will thank me when i carried them to victory...
    I do agree with the post to a certain degree, but if a support comes up and takes my kill, i will be a sad panda... They don't need it... I've seen people lose tournaments due to their support being 5/0 (taking all the kills)... (Accidentaly though)

And should i mention that if i do well as Lee Sin i kinda have a tendency to mark them with Q and do all the other things and when i know Resonating Strike will take the kill i take it ... :P
    Last edited by mmoc818e8c0ca4; 2012-08-29 at 07:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The sort of player who complains about KS is the sort that I would not enjoy playing alongside. I find the attitude and impulse to be both selfish and lowly. Unfortunately the design and style of play in MOBAs are conducive to this kind of outlook.

Nature of the beast and all that.

Play with friends. Be a snob.
    Thankees.

--

Even as AD, I don't give two flying fucks if my support 'KS's me. Who cares, now he can get the GP10 items much faster than the other team and start mass warding, possibly even counter warding. Which ultimately leads to a completely destroyed bot lane.

or how thye argue that 7kills is betetr than 7assists.... A kill is just a last hit on a champ.... deosn't mena you did the most

Deleted
    Basic problem in my opinion is that people playing and starting to play LoL come from different style of games, example from FPS games where K/D ratios/amount "count" or show your "skill" and either dont know or forget/dont care that in the end LoL is an objective based team game... See the pros playing... They dont have 45/3/22 score at the end of the game... It doesnt matter, they dont care... They completed the objective, destroyed the enemy nexus and won...

And besides, youll most likely finish your build within around 15 kills and somewhat decent farm... Everything after that is boasting and epeen stroking... By this I mean those people that still have to come in for that last hit snatch after they have that 20/2/4 score...