Thread: Warhammer 40K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    no thank you. BS 2 IG. Hark.
    Eh throw enough flashlights at something and it'll go down, the IG are only there to tarpit anyway. Also you get them sweet Leman Russ. And plague zombies. And Valkyries.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Eh throw enough flashlights at something and it'll go down, the IG are only there to tarpit anyway. Also you get them sweet Leman Russ. And plague zombies. And Valkyries.
    One time a Friends Dire Avengers shot my Mephiston with rerolls, 6 hits, 2 wounds one failed armour save, rerolled with feel no pain and passed.

He then charged the squad and killed 8 with a swing of his Force sword, it was simply glorious.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    One time a Friends Dire Avengers shot my Mephiston with rerolls, 6 hits, 2 wounds one failed armour save, rerolled with feel no pain and passed.

He then charged the squad and killed 8 with a swing of his Force sword, it was simply glorious.
    Give me a platoon of Guardsmen over a squad of Dire Avengers anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Meh, it's the price paired with what you get that I enjoy. I believe that they should allow you to run an aspiring champion in the cultist groups as an upgrade to the cultist champ. Like DoW 1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnoms View Post
    Meh, it's the price paired with what you get that I enjoy. I believe that they should allow you to run an aspiring champion in the cultist groups as an upgrade to the cultist champ. Like DoW 1
    Yeah I like the idea of having a few Marines scattered about in an army of Cultists, thats what originally drew me to the Renegades idea, use a few units from my current Chaos Marines force as Battle Brothers, and just have them support the Renegades/use them as cannon fodder. Seemed very fluff compliant.

Yeah, thing is... I don't have a huge interest for IG, not even if they're heretics. What I do like is that the general populace have got up in arms and marched for the eightfold path.

Deleted
    Yeah I feel ya, really wish they'd make another Lost and Damned army list, that'd be awesome. I've always had a soft spot for guard though, and Chaos Guardmen opens up a ton of conversion possibilities. I'm thinking one of those feral armies like the Karak Skull Takers falling to Khorne and joining my Chaos viking marines.

I've heard that there are options for Heretek upgrades.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so...?

Guess we'll see with the codex coming up next week \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, I think the humidity is throwing my paints all out of whack, I'm airbrushing white, and it just isn't getting the right consistency, or when it does, it doesn't cover very well...

Not all that weird to have airbrushed white struggling.

Apparently, taking a 2-year break from mini painting didn't entirely kill my skills with a brush. Painted a couple minis for our Rogue Trader RPG group (it's basically Star Trek in the 40k universe - fun times!), turned out quite decent, much to my surprise.
    I'm quite curious how well the group will fare against this week-end's opposition: rival traders, dinosaurs and hereteks.

If anyone has a good idea for trouble I can get my players into, bring it on!

Rogue trader rules are such a mess. I DM'd a Rogue Trader group and have a fair few interesting missions in mind. One of them is a Necrons scythe that it has lost.
    It says that necron lords are known to scour the galaxy seeking their lost weapons. So the idea is... If they keep it, they'll gradually run in to more and more 'crons.
    Reason why they want to keep it? They have a Tech priest thingy that is vicious in melee. This scythe is pumped up for melee.

My other mission is " go get slaves for the Dark Eldar" or " Go decide who gets a shipment of illegal Spirit stones. Dark Eldar or Eldar"

Both can allow for a lot of worrisome content of being hunted.

Deleted
    Thinking about making some chaos space wolf traitors, suggestions for armor colors?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Thinking about making some chaos space wolf traitors, suggestions for armor colors?
    Welcome to the club brother, I went pretty unoriginal, black armour, some red hints thrown in, bone on the horns, took my inspiration from Warriors of Chaos. The only thing I kept in the original Space Wolf colours was the shoulder pad with the Space Wolf insignia on it, put a red cross through it and moulded a few with green stuff to look like axe marks breaking it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    So uh, the Eldar codex is gone. Like, poof no more codex.

Same with jetbikes...

Deleted
    I've got some Dark Vengeance tactical marines sitting around unpainted, but I'd prefer to do them in another chapter, any way of altering the Dark angels icon on the shoulder? unfortunately the shoulders are part of the model so I can't remove them. I've thought of filing them off but I don't want to screw the models up.

Deleted
    File and sandpaper is easiest way to do it. Just make sure to use a fine piece of sand paper and file.

Don't know what to do with my DV Marines since I play Chaos.

If anyone wants to swap them let me know, also got an old Ork battleforce that I don't need.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2015-04-04 at 11:49 PM.