how addictive are video games according to you ?

I'd like to open a small debate here.

What do you think about video games addiction ?

Talk about your personal case also if you can.

I used to be a big addict when I was younger, spending more than 6 hours a days in front of my screen... but I'm done now .

I used to be addicted to games as well when I was younger but I just grew out of it when I needed to get a job.

Very addicting if you're the sort of person to get addicted easily. My top record was 16 hours a day for a week straight (wasn't in school at the time). It's a lot better now since i'm kinda getting bored of videogames, but they are definately addicting.

I'm addicted but I don't miss any work seeing friends because of games.

The house work just gets ignored... all the time.

... you guys got any video games on ya? /scratches arm.
    Last edited by Feral Camel; Today at 12:32 AM.

i've dealt with several chemical addictions and video games can be no different, a constant triggered dopamine release will create a real addiction, however, its a lot easier to quit a game than to quit smoking or drinking, there is no withdrawal, after a while you just get bored and move on

if i had to choose anything to be addicted to, it would be video games, as long as you keep yourself healthy there are no downsides

i7-4790K | Z97 Class. | 8GB DDR3-2133 | GTX-980 | RAIDR | 512GB Samsung 830 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | RV05
    Dell U2711 | Ducky Shine3 YoS | EVGA Torq X5 | Xonar Essence One | KRK RP8G2s