US players - How's hc DS?

Howdy,

I'm raidleader in a EU guild that has been clearing DS hc for months now. I don't expect too many issues tonight either, but just in case....

US raiders, did you encounter any issues with specific classes being OP (or horrible), and/or did you have any specific problems on DS encounters after the patch? I'd like to know beforehand so we can adjust where neccesary!

Sofar I've seen the following issues mentioned:

- Bloods on MDW hc not being slowed by anything
    - Spine dispelling being a bit tricky

Spine dispelling is pretty easy still. Actually seems a lot easier. Didnt do heroic madness tonight. Hunters dps seems abnormally low. Healing tide totem is really good :P

You may have to three heal some fights that you would normally 2 heal at this point, mana can be an issue, and some classes aoe heals got nerfed to the ground.

We didn't run into many issues. Some people were higher on the charts (50k ---> 58k on Ultrax) others were lower (people who clearly didn't do research) Mana pools seem more fragile though, and you have a ton of new raid utility from many specs, so make sure you make use of it. Other then that things melted pretty fast with 5% nerf and increased damage.

it was pretty faceroll. zonozz black phase was a joke, people didn't have to use cooldowns to stay out on ultraxion. I'm not sure if thats really working as intended.

Zon'ozz black phase was indead a joke, we 2healed it for the first time did 10 stacks then burn and was very easy.

Spine is easily 2healed on heroic now, the searing plasma only does 180k healing absorb down from the usual 280k.

Prepare to watch warrior tanks get 2hit by boss swings.

There's something off on madness, something was doing too much damage but we couldn't figure out what, we ended up having to 3heal because stuff just got too out of control somewhere. The congealing bloods cannot be slowed which with our less than ideal burst aoe comp we ended up calling it a night after having the boss heal up too much. Hopefully this is fixed soon or I'll be writing a strongly worded letter to Blizzard.

Spine was two healed, 1 tanked last night. One lifted all but last plate because of badness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onorvinco View Post
    Spine dispelling is pretty easy still. Actually seems a lot easier.
    I recall seeig a blue post not too long ago saying that BC: Death will now morph into BC: Earth after the first dispell to take into account the new dispell CD. This is probably what you're seeing on live.

I haven't been able to run it yet because of attendance issues last night, but based off an LFR I was in last night, DPS numbers are rather similar. I can assume arcane mages may see their dps dip a bit because of the smaller mana pool (unless their mastery is based off % of mana rather than raw numbers I suppose. I dont really play one). My DPS as a boomkin was roughly the same as it was in 4.3. Haven't really tested my warrior yet. Also, and this is sort of unrelated, but did anyone else notice Morchock's stomp hit for WAY more than it normally does in LFR? Idk if it was bugged or what but an LFR stomp was bringing everyone down to ~20%. Seems like a lot more than it used to.
    Last edited by Lachez; 2012-08-29 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Edited to remove unintentional smilies.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Rogues seem to be stronger than ever now. Ours hit over 60k consistently on ultraxion, lol.

Aside from the annoyance of Madness bloods and Spine dispelling, DS is quite a push over (still). Mut rogues and blood DK's bringing the big DPS!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Rogues seem to be stronger than ever now. Ours hit over 60k consistently on ultraxion, lol.
    Prot is even stronger tbh

it was pretty faceroll. zonozz black phase was a joke, people didn't have to use cooldowns to stay out on ultraxion. I'm not sure if thats really working as intended.
    Last edited by Joan454; 2012-08-30 at 03:25 AM.

madness bloods were kindof annoying

other than that everythings been really easy

tho there are a few warlock bugs which are pretty annoying, but the instance itself is incredibly easy... don't know why they keep nerfing it

1 healing 5/8 H is super easy, and 2 healing the rest is stupid easy

The bloods were a bitch to slow, and they properly respawned once you pushed DW every 5%, so we got like 8 waves of adds.

Still ez mode, shammies are still OP

Can't say much for the others, but on madness it seemed like spellweave did less dmg and the bloods moved a little bit faster than usual after being slowed. Nothing major just required faster switching.

Beyond easy, but that's to be expected with the pre expansion patch. Killed Morchok during his first black blood phase, killed yorsahj when the second oozes were streaming in, killed zonozz in the second black phase, killed hagara before her second special phase, killed ultra just before third hour with two people dead, blackhorn fire finally seemed fixed and we had up to 20 seconds of downtime between add phases, 1 tanked/2 healed spine and we probably could have one healed it to be honest. Didn't do madness yet as our buyer was unavailable.

10+ Year Old Account
    New talents + 35% and HC DS is even more so a joke. We ended up 20 manning the place it was that easy.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post

This. I went from 45-55k consistent on Ultraxion to like 75-80k last night until I died. LOL

Higher overall DPS and burst HPS overall helped clear fights faster/easier. Our healers are all reforged/gemmed to spi so mana, while tight while doing some mid-fight adjustments, was never a downfall.

• Had to adjust Zon'ozz strategy to burn in 2 black phases rather than 3.
    • Didn't have to kite bloods on Spine because they all just died to high tank dmg.
    • Wiped on Madness once because most slows didn't work on Congealing Bloods... Earthbind Totem and Blizzard cleared us through though. Also, Wing/Arm tentacles dancing when Blisterings was up visually annoying but no big deal.
    Last edited by ergonomic; 2012-08-30 at 04:52 PM.