Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    your pretty much wrong, cunning was used by any kind of spec as a mage, the most class that benefits from it is spriests or warlocks tho, it has nothing to do with fire or frost, i was using Insignia of the corrupted mind as fire over cunning just because that haste is nasty. but this has nothing to do with fire, i was just pointing out that mastery comes in second after intelect/sp, therefore u had 0 trinkets with mastery that could compete with Cunning/cata with sp on use, in terms of dmg. breaking cc with cunning was lame sometimes but have a extra source of dmg(10 to 30k dmg sometimes even more) is welcomed. and for example, i was playing frost MLS and we could blow something up in a single fear/sheep or hex, DF was mostly used to peel or to get some pressure. hardly used it for CCing when u got all that extra CC from ur partners.
    If this is how you were playing, then you were playing at 1800 at best. Mastery builds vastly trumped any cunning build. I'm actually doubtful you played anywhere near 1800 like that. Try sitting down and doing the math before fooling yourself. Not going to repeat what's already been said, especially when it's irrelevant at this point.

[us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4427704332

Mastery is definitely the best stat for frost mages, insane bonus damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Demon Soul now has been changed, spellstealing the Demonology one and getting an additional ~5,600 mastery (~50-60% damage somewhere) and then deeping the Warlock is fun.

Completely off-topic, but I just had to share that as I just literally globaled a Warlock from 100-0 in a Bomb/Frostbolt/Ice Lance shatter. <3
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery. you want those nasty shatter combos

Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Since Demon Soul now has been changed, spellstealing the Demonology one and getting an additional ~5,600 mastery (~50-60% damage somewhere) and then deeping the Warlock is fun.

Completely off-topic, but I just had to share that as I just literally globaled a Warlock from 100-0 in a Bomb/Frostbolt/Ice Lance shatter. <3
    What's the crit cap now a days?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokoz View Post
    What's the crit cap now a days?
    25% (25 x 2 + 50 = 100).
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    Haste has never been a bad thing in PVP...

lower gcd never hurt anything.

But for frost, mastery is king. But you also can't be rocking no crit.

Most frost mages that "go haste" only get enough haste to chain cast 3 frostbolts in a deep freeze (easier now with df glyph.) After that, they prioritize crit/mastery.

Deleted
    since, they decrease Frostbolt damage in comparison with IL, and there's no more Shatter's buff to Frostbolt. Si I think the best is simply to spam IL on a Deep freezed target with a possible cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    If you're the primary CC for your team, then you will want more Haste. If you're the go to damage on your comp (running with a Rogue or Warlock), then you'll want some more Mastery.
    This is essentially what its been like for me in PvP. I usually play as a damage dealer so I dont have to CC often so I tend to stack more mastery than haste to get that delicious burst damage, but haste would be useful if you will be CCing more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    since, they decrease Frostbolt damage in comparison with IL, and there's no more Shatter's buff to Frostbolt. Si I think the best is simply to spam IL on a Deep freezed target with a possible cleave.
    FrB still does good damage, from my own personal testing on beta I'd say it's within 5-10k damage of IL. The thing to keep in mind is that you want that FrB debuff on your target as much as posisble to increase IL's damage also.
    BfA Beta Time