Addon + SavedVariables size.. Does it matter in the end?

Hello everyone. I'm toying around with the idea or.. rather problem.. Do the size of the addon + SavedVariables size matter? I mean for instance..
    My "old" addon, lets say ShadowedUnitFrames' size is around 388 KB.

I have just reinstalled wow from scratch. I set up my unitframes as in my old UI and the size was only 55kb.

55kb vs. 388kb. And that is JUST for 1 single addon, my unitframes.

So my question is: In the long run, do the size of the files even matter gameplay vise? I'm thinking about in game lag etc / loading times etc etc?

My old UI is around start of WoTLK so as you can imagine it's quite big atm.

I hope you all can understand what I am asking about here

Thanks !

I find it's a good idea to purge old settings on very complex addons once in a while. The whole patching of old settings with every addon patch, to make it compatible with current version can get very extensive and sometimes be a source of problems for me. I wouldn't bother obviously for something small but for unitframes, raidframes, buff/debuff/proc addons and so on, I do wipe settings at least once a year (depending on how often major updates are added).
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-29 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Hello everyone. I'm toying around with the idea or.. rather problem.. Do the size of the addon + SavedVariables size matter? I mean for instance..
    My "old" addon, lets say ShadowedUnitFrames' size is around 388 KB.

I have just reinstalled wow from scratch. I set up my unitframes as in my old UI and the size was only 55kb.

55kb vs. 388kb. And that is JUST for 1 single addon, my unitframes.

So my question is: In the long run, do the size of the files even matter gameplay vise? I'm thinking about in game lag etc / loading times etc etc?

My old UI is around start of WoTLK so as you can imagine it's quite big atm.

I hope you all can understand what I am asking about here

Thanks !
    It does matter.

Sedivy: I see.. God damn it takes like forever to set up your personal touch of the UI hehe.

If your modifications are very extensive with a lot of custom scripts and custom graphics you can extend this period obviously.

Ah I didn't mean memory wise as in impact on the computer. I was thinking more from experience when you have a very old profile that keeps getting updated/patched with every new addon version out, eventually I start getting completely unique, seemingly impossible and very strange bugs and errors and usually flushing the old profile and starting from scratch cures it right up.
    Last edited by Sedivy; 2012-08-29 at 01:13 PM.