Older/Low end computer users post here !

I am making this post to help low end /older computer users . I want to say that I have a 5 year old computer that just barley makes minimum spec to play . However arena.net are such genius that even though my old ass computer is older then dirt I can play there game so don't let that stop you . If you make the minimum specs it is worth the purchase .

The game says you need 25 gigs of space but actually you only need like 18 ...I dunno why it says 25 .

Are you coming from wow or another MMO ?? It's ok yes this game is different but in a good way . Your going to love the personal story your character has . The world is dynamic and will draw you in . This game is better then the best new MMo like Dragons nest or Teria or whatever its called . This game has depth and imagination like no other .

Ive played every other MMO out there except world of tanks and some other shyt MMO's ... I have always went back to WOW because wow is a fine gem ..polished and wonderful...however Guild wars 2 is more wonderful and it's new so that is my thoughts hope it helps someone .

2 GB DDR2 667MHz
    GT 440 1GB GDDR5
    AMD 64 Dual Core clocked to 2.4GHz
    Windows 7 64 bit

I have no idea how it will run now, during the beta weekends it ran smooth on medium but then at times would fall down to 15 fps constant.

My PC is from late '08:

8 GB DDR2 1066MGz
    HD5970 2GB DDR5 (upgraded later, I believe in end '09, begin '10)
    Intel i7-920 2.66 GHz
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Also uses 2x SATA II SSD, one for OS, other for gaming, I believe the read/write specs are around 250MB/s of both.

This runs the game smooth 1920x1080.

All by all, the system is going to be old for the other stuff I need to do for work. So in 1 or 2 weeks I get a new setup.

You will both run just fine on lower settings ....the game looks damn good on lower settings so no worries ......hope to see you in game !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    2 GB DDR2 667MHz
    GT 440 1GB GDDR5
    AMD 64 Dual Core clocked to 2.4GHz
    Windows 7 64 bit

I have no idea how it will run now, during the beta weekends it ran smooth on medium but then at times would fall down to 15 fps constant.
    Get 4 gigs of RAM, will make a solid difference.
    Else it's just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I am making this post to help low end /older computer users . I want to say that I have a 5 year old computer that just barley makes minimum spec to play . However arena.net are such genius that even though my old ass computer is older then dirt I can play there game so don't let that stop you . If you make the minimum specs it is worth the purchase .

The game says you need 25 gigs of space but actually you only need like 18 ...I dunno why it says 25 .

Are you coming from wow or another MMO ?? It's ok yes this game is different but in a good way . Your going to love the personal story your character has . The world is dynamic and will draw you in . This game is better then the best new MMo like Dragons nest or Teria or whatever its called . This game has depth and imagination like no other .

Ive played every other MMO out there except world of tanks and some other shyt MMO's ... I have always went back to WOW because wow is a fine gem ..polished and wonderful...however Guild wars 2 is more wonderful and it's new so that is my thoughts hope it helps someone .
    World of Tanks is funny as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Get 4 gigs of RAM, will make a solid difference.
    Else it's just fine.
    Thanks, will do that.

I have an older dual core like 2.6 ghz 2 gig ram and the lowest graphics card on the list that was published before release running Ubuntu and the game plays.... Not great but it plays.. I need to buy a all new system ASAP lol