Thread: Lower Ignites?

Lower Ignites?

Has any1 else noticed lower ignites when playing fire, i mean reallllllly low ignites, 11- 17K region. I think the whole of DS i got 1 over 30K thats it. Something i am missing?

Living Bomb isnt part of ignite anymore. Combustionhelper also seems to calculate it differently (I think), i think it shows the damage of ignite per 1 second, instead of ignite's 2 second damage it used to show. (ignite ticks one time per 2 seconds, but combustion uses the damage done every second)

Edit, stated above is incorrect, only the LB part is true. It seems ignite is just generated differently, it means lower combusts, but in the end higher dps.
    Last edited by Nohara; 2012-08-29 at 02:53 PM.

Remember the dummies are now level 93 so your dps won't be as high.

Deleted
    Read the tooltip for Ignite.

Deleted
    Ignite by Crits did 40% + Mastery damage before 5.0.4.
    Now it's only 12% + Mastery per Hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzzr View Post
    Remember the dummies are now level 93 so your dps won't be as high.
    Did you even read the OP..? I mean.. At all?

On topic: your ignites will be smaller but more constant, plus I think they tick more often now, but I may be wrong about that.

So if on average ignites are between 11K-17K for me at the moment, i can pop my combustion, havent been doing so coz im waiting for that "magic number" (25K min) in the past.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukoidha View Post
    So if on average ignites are between 11K-17K for me at the moment, i can pop my combustion, havent been doing so coz im waiting for that "magic number" (25K min) in the past.
    You should overall be faster to use Combustion now given its lower CD (especially with T13 4p).
    Last edited by mmoc522dc42c8a; 2012-08-29 at 03:09 PM.

Yes, ignite is lower now, but you can Combust every 45s (from 120s), and Inferno Blast is really a blast. My overall dps went up 10-15% on training dummie and was steady (past the first 15s) the whole test. I still have to see what happens when raid-buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    ignite is now calculated as a flat amount of dmg based on teh dmg ur fireball/pyroblast/frostfire bolt/scorch/inferno blast hits for, so is no longer based on crits, as i said in a post on the EU forums, imagine u hit with fireball for 50k, and base mastery gives 10% dmg as an ignite, u would have an ignite of 5k over 4 seconds, then say u had 10% mastery from gear, this would give 10k total ignite dmg over 4 seconds, from a 50k fireball hit, with teh vastly reduced cooldown of combustion, coupled with t13 set bonuses, this will mean that u are hitting combustion twice-three times more often than previous, therefore teh dmg u do will remain the same/slightly higher, but the frequency is vastly increased, so yes, each ignite/combustion is gonna hit for less indvidually, but collectively, it will end up being the same or more also, with this change to ignite, using the above numbers for sake of arguement, say that 10k ignite only ticks 3 times, and has 1 tick remainging (2.5k dmg), the next ignite will be 10k plus the 2.5k remaing from the last 1 for a total of 12.5k ignite damage over 4 seconds, and so on and so forth until a cap off point is reached.

Deleted
    In tests on ultraxxion/dummies so far, what I've found is that you have haste trinket/pom for the first combustion, this should be your largest combustion throughout the fight if executed correctly, as you'll have other buffs in the form of pre pot, (eng gloves/tailoring), pt and pot. The second I found can vary entirely on your luck with stolen time stacks. If you're lucky, it will come soon after the first, and then you'll have time on the third to re use a pot and have haste trinket/(perhaps pom) up.

The ignites don't seem to be as important as before, as the majority of your damage is coming off forcing pyro procs and getting as much damage off that as possible. To maximise the amount of damage of ignites in combustions however, I find it best to apply (insert mage bomb name here), then start ramping up the fb/pb combos. You'll be able to scrape off 2 ib's in this time before pyromaniac falls off. after the second forced pyro, pop pom, pop pyro again, and combust. Depending on crits here and there, the damage can vary completely, but generally seems to work.

Common sense, I know, but I felt the need to get this down.

I may have rambled, sorry about that.

Deleted
    remember that ignite is not only applied by crits any longer

Deleted
    Fireball won't give u a high ignite at all. Pyro crits (100k ish) give you a nice ignite, if you then combust with it should get a decent combustion dot (like 17k ish per tick)

You have to remember the Ignites of Old used to only work with crits.

Ignites today work off of everything, even normal hits, but they are up all the time pretty much. They will, naturally, be smaller then if compared tick vs tick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ignite has been changed, since now it is your Mastery. I don't think you'll ever be seeing the Ignites you did before 5.0 hit. It's going to be significantly lower than it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Groblje View Post
    Ignite has been changed, since now it is your Mastery. I don't think you'll ever be seeing the Ignites you did before 5.0 hit. It's going to be significantly lower than it was.
    That said, what is a "good ignite" to wait for before hitting Combustion? Or shoudl I just use it as soon as I see a Pyro crit?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

You're likely to lose more DPS waiting for that "good" ignite than just maximising Combustion uptime.