Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    WTB triple spec .
    I've never wanted tri-specs more than now. The only reason that I haven't tried Affliction since the patch is because I don't want to drop either Destro or Demo.

Well I'm playing affliction at the moment. I haven't tried destro or demo properly but I can see uses for all three.

It's a shame we can't 'respec' properly using a reagent also. I have a feeling I will be going affliction/demo as they have always been my best (or fave) two.

Doing at least 1.2M per plate up (starting at tendon's 100% hp) as affliction. Obviously it's less if tendon is at 10%. Will try destro this week and post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran a bunch of 20s burns and recorded them for each spec. I used GoServ and Bottled Wishes \ WoU for each spec. I gave each spec 1m30s to build resources (this was about what you got in between tendon burns.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2020&e=2040 - [Demonology] 2,011,506
    Aura of Elements before burn - CDs - GoServ Felguard - Imp Swarm - Corruption - Meta - Doom - Chaos Wave - Chaos Wave - Soulfire spam
    -Could probably do Imp Swarm pre-burn, I would have to test how smart they are at re targeting though, It might not even be worth casting corruption if you have enough MC charges saved, dropping both would probally allow a 3rd chaos wave, and the DPCT of corr wass about equivalent to soul fire.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3265&e=3285 - [Destruction] 1,584,801
    CDs - GoServ Felhunter - Immolate - CoE - Conflag - Chaos bolt x4 - Conflag x2

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4110&e=4130 - [Affliction] 1,191,309
    CDs - GoServ Felhunter -Soul Swap (with 10 stack agony) - CoE - Haunt x 3 - MG spam \ Keep haunt up, I used on fel flame towards the end so UA didn't fall

Affliction is the only one I am not sure about in terms of how I executed, I did another test without spamming the 3 haunts at the start, and it seemed slightly weaker. Simcraft suggests that Haunt is a solid amount stronger then MG so I feel that is correct.

If I get more time I would like to test how each one is without Dark Soul, but I feel that the numbers are a solid amount different that it won't matter a whole lot.
    Last edited by Zinnin; 2012-09-03 at 08:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zikito View Post
    Did 7,4mil dmg vs the tendons as destruction, was insane and fun

Got some logs to prove it. On logs Tendons are two different mobs depending if its left or right.

Left Tendon
    Right Tendon
    How did you manage to get 23 chaos bolts off in that fight? And why is wrath of tarecgosa only 0.8% (175752k) of your damage? That is less than a chaos bolt crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leia View Post
    How did you manage to get 23 chaos bolts off in that fight? And why is wrath of tarecgosa only 0.8% (175752k) of your damage? That is less than a chaos bolt crit.
    Do you understand how the staff works? Copied spells are counted as another spell. The wrath proc is for dots

Arialla is correct. After 5.0.4, Destro has an insanely small amount of Wrath procs showing up in logs compared to the two other specs.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2012-09-03 at 09:06 PM. Reason: clarification

This is what I got last tuesday as affliction 25m Heroic.
    I did not carry over a 10x stack Agony.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...765&target=221

We could have almost killed each plate pop in a single lift if we had just alittle more DPS. Compared to the other lock in my group who has the same gear than me minus the BiS neck (she has the VP 397) and our trinkets; I use H:IoCM and H:WoU (she uses H:Cunning and H:WoU). I pulled about 1 mil more than she did. I'm curious to see what I can pull as destro since alot of people are having success with it.

I haven't touched destro really since patch. =( Used to be my spec in 4.3, hope it doesn't disappoint.
    Last edited by Ravoks; 2012-09-04 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravon View Post
    This is what I got last tuesday as affliction 25m Heroic.
    I did not carry over a 10x stack Agony.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/1...765&target=221

We could have almost killed each plate pop in a single lift if we had just alittle more DPS. Compared to the other lock in my group who has the same gear than me minus the BiS neck (she has the VP 397) and our trinkets; I use H:IoCM and H:WoU (she uses H:Cunning and H:WoU). I pulled about 1 mil more than she did. I'm curious to see what I can pull as destro since alot of people are having success with it.

I haven't touched destro really since patch. =( Used to be my spec in 4.3, hope it doesn't disappoint.
    Looks to me like you spammed more haunts than she did. After all, if you have the shards to spare and can get them back from DS anyway, you might as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    Do you understand how the staff works? Copied spells are counted as another spell. The wrath proc is for dots
    No, I did not know that. So does that answer both questions? Some of the 23 chaos bolts are actually staff procs?

Deleted
    Yes it has always been like that. Since we only have Immolate left it is normal to have a very low amount of Wrath procs.

DESTRO above, 5 lifts

i'm not using immolate on tendons, doesn't worth the gcd

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7212&e=7849

Quote Originally Posted by zinnin View Post
    I ran a bunch of 20s burns and recorded them for each spec. I used GoServ and Bottled Wishes \ WoU for each spec. I gave each spec 1m30s to build resources (this was about what you got in between tendon burns.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2020&e=2040 - [Demonology] 2,011,506
    Aura of Elements before burn - CDs - GoServ Felguard - Imp Swarm - Corruption - Meta - Doom - Chaos Wave - Chaos Wave - Soulfire spam
    -Could probably do Imp Swarm pre-burn, I would have to test how smart they are at re targeting though, It might not even be worth casting corruption if you have enough MC charges saved, dropping both would probally allow a 3rd chaos wave, and the DPCT of corr wass about equivalent to soul fire.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3265&e=3285 - [Destruction] 1,584,801
    CDs - GoServ Felhunter - Immolate - CoE - Conflag - Chaos bolt x4 - Conflag x2

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4110&e=4130 - [Affliction] 1,191,309
    CDs - GoServ Felhunter -Soul Swap (with 10 stack agony) - CoE - Haunt x 3 - MG spam \ Keep haunt up, I used on fel flame towards the end so UA didn't fall

Affliction is the only one I am not sure about in terms of how I executed, I did another test without spamming the 3 haunts at the start, and it seemed slightly weaker. Simcraft suggests that Haunt is a solid amount stronger then MG so I feel that is correct.

If I get more time I would like to test how each one is without Dark Soul, but I feel that the numbers are a solid amount different that it won't matter a whole lot.
    Thanks alot for that, I wonder how it would look like at 90 and destro having pyroclasm, not sure if that is simmable with a building resources period or a way to tell the sim you're at full from the start and limit sim time to 20s.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that at 90 it will put destro quite a bit closer to demo, but I don't think it would be better.

That said, the prep for demo for that 20s burn was by far the most difficult, with destro just being a time sink and fairly easy, and afflictions being the easiest by far. For demo you have to worry about getting that MC stack up to a solid number, while not letting it fall off and at the same time making sure you have two stacks of Hand of Gul'dan. For destro its simply just not pressing chaos bolt until the lift, and affliction its not pressing haunt, but afflic can stock up on shards very quickly with drain soul if needed.

I would imagine that in practice that destro would yield the best results just because its upkeep is much more simple. That said, if the burn was say 30s long, or 40s long I think demo would surpass destros number by a solid amount, because its resources have a little more longevity.

Destro numbers per lift were 1.4-1.5M (starting @ 100% hp). So for me it's like Affliction at least 1.2M, Destro at least 1.4M. Trying Demo next week. Will be trying demo with GoSup since zinnin already provided the numbers with GoServ.
    Last edited by Bidis; 2012-09-06 at 01:11 PM.

I really enjoyed destruction on HC Spine, because I could build my embers up and just destroy the tendon in those 10seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Leia View Post
    I will answer my own question, I do find destruction with 4 chaos bolt best for tendons.
    I was able to top the raid group with each "up" phase of the tendon at nearly 2 million damage per go around. This is including a stormlash totem for each tendon and/or a heroism as Affliction. I believe that Destro is close, however, not as strong as affliction especially with Stormlash.

**EDIT**

Note that we also killed each tendon with only one "up-phase" for each. I ended the fight with 5.7 million damage on the tendons for three "phases".
    Last edited by Femto1; 2012-09-06 at 04:42 PM.

Did hc spine tonight as destro..and I must say I am loving it!
    Did 8.3mil damage on 6 lifts
    The best thing is that every second lift the tendon is on low hp so I can cast quadra shadowburn in 4 global cds resulting in a LOT of damage in short amount of time...and after those 4 shadowburns the tendon is dead so I dont loose dps casting incini etc

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I did more than 4.5mill tonight with Destro. 4 Chaos Bolts in a row while Dark Soul is up does quite a bit of damage.
    I had a first raid with my new guild last night and we were on H Hagara. I was sitting on the bottom of the meters while saving up for the burst phase, and at the end I was second on damage. One of my guildies said "Don't make Brusalk angry. You won't like him when he's angry". Made me laugh Destro is way too much fun for burst phases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Femto1 View Post
    I was able to top the raid group with each "up" phase of the tendon at nearly 2 million damage per go around. This is including a stormlash totem for each tendon and/or a heroism as Affliction. I believe that Destro is close, however, not as strong as affliction especially with Stormlash.
    Oh? Isn't Affliction the weakest Warlock's spec for Stormlash (since this totem does not proc from DoTs)?