Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollcage8 View Post
    Events don't just randomly spawn.

NPCs standing in towns and around the country side require standard dialogue click throughs to start events as well.
    Indeed. And it's actually fairly easy to find a lot of them. Many times an NPC who needs help with an event will try to contact you (they'll do a chat emote at you asking you to talk to them). If you're used to other MMOs this may just seem like a trivial gesture, but this is actually because the NPC wants your help with an event. So if you talk to the NPC it will either start a new event or point you to one already ongoing.

Also, once you finish an event don't run away immediately. Often once an event ends the NPCs involved will have a conversation and a new event will start after they're done talking. Sometimes they require you to follow them as well to start the new event, but they'll usually say so during the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryquis View Post
    I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed how difficult it is to keep up with the leveling curves of the game just by jumping from gold heart to gold heart, and also if anyone had suggestions for fun non-grindy leveling once I've gotten my reward for full clearing a map but still am not high enough in level to move on. Crafting filled the gap nicely for about a level or two until my crafting got too high for reliable exp, so I'm not sure what I'm missing where two days in I can only manage to level 20ish where my friend who I creamed on the way to 85 in WoW is in the low forties.
    Yes I've seen that - just go to another races zone and you can do their heart

Quote Originally Posted by Ryquis View Post
    I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed how difficult it is to keep up with the leveling curves of the game just by jumping from gold heart to gold heart, and also if anyone had suggestions for fun non-grindy leveling once I've gotten my reward for full clearing a map but still am not high enough in level to move on. Crafting filled the gap nicely for about a level or two until my crafting got too high for reliable exp, so I'm not sure what I'm missing where two days in I can only manage to level 20ish where my friend who I creamed on the way to 85 in WoW is in the low forties.
    I don't usually concern myself a lot with dynamic events (unless I need karma) and crafting, though people say that DE's are THE way to level... Basically what I have done is if I am either an even level with the next zone or a level or so shy I go to other areas that were the same level range as the one I am leaving. From what I have noticed from the game map is there is always at least two to maybe four at the most alternative areas to level up. I will then move to one of these areas and explore, finish all of the hearts and pick up the occasional DE along the way. My character is at level 41 at the moment.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

I honestly just prefer the WoW system of the recent expansions. There's always something to do, some direction of what you should be doing.

I shouldn't be wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out how to level up because I ran out of content in 2 minutes in the 'zone' that I am in :l

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    I honestly just prefer the WoW system of the recent expansions. There's always something to do, some direction of what you should be doing.

I shouldn't be wandering around aimlessly trying to figure out how to level up because I ran out of content in 2 minutes in the 'zone' that I am in :l
    You would have hated Vanilla WoW then lol. Didn't run out of content in two minutes, but you were constantly on the move in some level ranges.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

In the old pros and cons thread (well, yesterday old) I also agreed that slight EXP tweaks were needed. Not so drastic as some call for - I understand DEs are the big thing and hearts aren't the end-all be-all - but an extra EXP point for a mob kill, node farm, and maybe 10-15 for each heart wouldn't break anything. It would just make it so you have to do less DEs to get to where you "should" be by the end of the road. Instead of killing the Bandit Leader 5 times, perhaps I would only have to kill him 3 kinda deal. Helps prevent the more popular DEs from getting stale.