Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why are personal quests so ridiculously difficult?

I'm about at my 8th or 9th in my chain and I'm getting 3-4 shotted as a Guardian even though all my abilities are defensive and healing based, I simply cannot stay alive, have these been tested out? This has nothing to do with skill they mobs simply plow through you.

Deleted
    What level are you vs. the mobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    are you the right level, and are you trying to avoid stuff or just take it?

10+ Year Old Account
    O_o

Never had this problem. Then again, I'm constantly out-leveling my personal stories. I guess I'm downscaled, but still...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time i had a problem on the story was when i was 29 and did a lvl 31 part of the story, needed the elite skill, but other than that, it's pretty manageable to succeed on it, just keep focused on using all your skills (NO EXCEPTION D and avoid all the time you can, taking your time to heal and you'll be done.

Sometimes going full defensive doesn't mean you'll be totally hard to kill, makes me remember a guardian who QQ'ed about being full toughness/vitality on Ascalonian and still got killed, he was quite mad, then i realized he didn't even dodge some spells, nor healed .-.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, even when I'm 4 or sometimes even 5 levels below my personal story it is still doable. 90% of the stories let you graveyard zerg when you pick Return to Checkpoint.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I ever got roflstomped during a Personal Story quest was when I did it one or two levels below and didn't pay enough attention to dodging and using attacks (Sword+Dagger 2,3 and 4 skills + Lightning Reflexes) that allowed me to evade attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Honestly, even when I'm 4 or sometimes even 5 levels below my personal story it is still doable. 90% of the stories let you graveyard zerg when you pick Return to Checkpoint.
    I haven't been under-leveled for PS since the BWEs, but when I was, I was extremely stubborn about doing it "right"

I absolutely loathe retrying from a checkpoint as it makes me feel dirty and cheap.

But, I will admit, when being under-leveled and giving it multiple tries, I usually found a way. Taught me to play smarter.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-30 at 03:58 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe bad?

/char

Deleted
    They haven't been too difficult for me as a melee necro tbh (Except the Level 50 one which was nails)

I'm getting past them, but for some I have to do it, determine what I'll be facing, go out, change my skills, go back in, or I'll just die until my armor breaks. And even then, it's high intensity nerve wracking combat 1 mistake = you die.

I honestly havent found them too difficult. I've only died in 2 of my personal story missions all the way up to 58 so far and most of the rest I didnt even go down. On the two I died one was my own fault I got cocky while doing one 5 levels over my head and got smushed. I still beat it without haveing to go level up but I had to be careful. The other was a mass battle senario where it was my army vs theres and I kinda got ganged up on when I decided to lead from the front. agian prety much my fault and wouldnt have happend if I'd played more conservatively.

They are more challenging than your avrage DE but not significantly so in my opinion.

Who is John Galt?

Hm. The one that was tough for me was a Norn story step with a bunch of frost elementals. Constant chilled/slowed while I was bombed with AOE. Went to down state twice but managed to get a lucky rally both times.

Pretty smooth so far. Usually run axe/torch & longbow or greatsword & longbow Ranger with polar bear and raven pets.

I think its heavily dependent on class. As an elementalist, even at the correct level, they put me up against mobs that kill me in 1-4 hits. Spawn 3 or 4 of them right on top of me and its a sure fire death. I have to very carefully slog through them and I still die a lot. Overall, I enjoy elementalist a lot but it just plain feels like a weak class. It dies far to fast and doesn't seem to have much more dps than other classes.

And so the "this game is to hard" begins....

I havent had much trouble in story missions. I believe there was 1 mission where I got zerged by mobs and I had to graveyard zerg a couple times, but that was all.

I only do stories when im 1-3 levels above them. Keep in mind you can't just chain story lines from 1 to 80, you have to do stuff inbetween.

Story quests are literally the only part of the game I die in, and I die every time, a time or two at least. Nothing like having 3 zombie brutes roll up on you, you know? Or 6 white cultists at a time. I'm not sure if the npcs are supposed to be useful but they generally eat crap and die in the first wave of (insert swarm of what is trying to kill me now) and you never have time to get them all up.

It's a little annoying, but you can run from the GY and pickup where you left off, so it's not that bad. And, like I said, I don't die outside of those, so I'm not that bothered.

They are not hard. People are just locked into the mindset of one single skill setting. You have several weapons and skills as well as swapable elite and utility skills for a reason. Use them! Especially with Elementalists I see it very often that they are spamming /Map chat how stuff is to hard and they die so often. Main issue here is not the game but them not wanting to swap to a different weapon OR element. They all think that dual dagger fire is THE WAY to go and disregard all other skills.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget to upgrade your gear @ the random armor/weapon shops, some people run arround with level 14 items while they are lvl 28 or so.

For a few copper u can upgrade those items for some random white items and keep up the power u need for those levels.

Every 5 levels u can find a shop with items u can use, and imo they are cheap upgrades.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    maybe bad?

/char
    Maybe not? Ow well, looking at your avatar and location. It says enough..

But people, try the level 20 charr sewer fight (where you have to fight of ghosts, then an elite with Rytlock) he 3 shots you ><