Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not gonna lie, I prefer that a person is assigned loot they can't use and that they can't trade to the old system where jerks would have a superior item equipped and roll for the loot anyway. In that case, they COULD trade it, but wouldn't, just to take it from someone else.

the new loot system is totally fail. the game has handed me the same necklace off morchok twice for my priest.. when i already have a better one.

how hard is it for blizz to develop a system that checks if you have the same or better piece in your inventory before handing you loot you dont need?

all blizz needed to do was keep the old system but not allow people to win loot if they had the same or better piece equipped in their bags.. aka you cannot win a lfr token (384) if u have the same token 384 or better 397() on you or in your inventory

10+ Year Old Account
    This new systems is much better than the old one. There are people who went weeks/months without getting anything, random is random.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherkeith View Post
    I understand RNG and how the new loot system works but after 64 boss kills and not seeing a single piece of loot...I dunno something just seems a little strange.

I have ran 8 toons through LFR and none of them have received any loot other than the 25g bag. I understand that I could run 100 toons through LFR and not see any loot, tis the nature of RNG but man does it suck. Especially when I used to get maybe 3-4 pieces of gear each week between my 10 toons running LFR.
    RNG is RNG. I've run two characters through LFR once and received a piece of loot on each char. One was an upgrade, the other wasn't (but that was my main anyway - was just testing the new specs). That seems like a pretty good return to me.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 12:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    the new loot system is totally fail. the game has handed me the same necklace off morchok twice for my priest.. when i already have a better one.
    So? Under the old system, you'd have to roll against other people for the mace (or whatever it is you're after) and still might not have won it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post

Most likely they didn't set specific roles for DS LFR loot and it just sees "Oh, this trinket has Int, shamans can use it" and gives it to him.
    Indeed - only in MoP will it look at your actual spec.

Makes me wonder if people actually read those blue posts, or if they did, have zero skill in reading comprehension.
    Last edited by Daedelus; 2012-09-07 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usable loot =/= useful loot.

I actually need LFR loot and i've looted 2 items that i did not need. Geez LFR, is it so hard to give me a chest piece or a trinket? If the process is the system rolls for me and then decides to give me an item from the usable loot table, it can't be that hard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Usable loot =/= useful loot.

I actually need LFR loot and i've looted 2 items that i did not need. Geez LFR, is it so hard to give me a chest piece or a trinket? If the process is the system rolls for me and then decides to give me an item from the usable loot table, it can't be that hard!
    This is not a complaint that is limited to LFR though. Not a bit. Stuff drops in dungeons all the time that I can't use. You move on. It's not a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest issue I have with the new system is with set completions for transmog. Once a new tier is released no one is going to want to run the old ones anymore, so if you don't manage to complete to set while its 'current' you're kinda screwed out of finishing your look. I'd propose a letting the LFR versions of sets be available via JP for xmog (maybe even statless?) after a new tier is released to combat this. Current issue I have is I need my shaman T13 LFR chest. I actually like the blue LFR version best of all these. But now it's just a random chance to get it and I've only got 2 shots before no one wants to run it? Shenanigans I say!

10+ Year Old Account
    The players created a situation where this is needed. Don't blame Blizzard that people can't be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherkeith View Post
    I understand RNG and how the new loot system works but after 64 boss kills and not seeing a single piece of loot...I dunno something just seems a little strange.

I have ran 8 toons through LFR and none of them have received any loot other than the 25g bag. I understand that I could run 100 toons through LFR and not see any loot, tis the nature of RNG but man does it suck. Especially when I used to get maybe 3-4 pieces of gear each week between my 10 toons running LFR.
    Sorry partner, but I call BS on your numbers. And you say you were getting 3-4 pieces, PER WEEK? So that tells me you were most likely one of those asshats that was rolling on gear you didn't need, which is the primary reason Blizzard completely revamped the LFR loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedelus View Post
    RNG is RNG. I've run two characters through LFR once and received a piece of loot on each char. One was an upgrade, the other wasn't (but that was my main anyway - was just testing the new specs). That seems like a pretty good return to me.

ive ran the new lfr twice on 2 diff toons. both recieved 0 upgrades out of 8 bosses a piece.. thats 0/16.. isnt the new lfr fun?
    ---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 12:31 AM ----------

So? Under the old system, you'd have to roll against other people for the mace (or whatever it is you're after) and still might not have won it.

i have no problem with rolling against people for gear if they can put it to good use. theres a difference between recieving an upgrade when ur ilvl is 372 and when its 408.
    ---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 12:33 AM ----------

Indeed - only in MoP will it look at your actual spec.

Makes me wonder if people actually read those blue posts, or if they did, have zero skill in reading comprehension.
    the fact of the matter is.. blizz just doesnt care or isnt smart enough to fix their loot system. id much rather prefer teh old one if gear was made untradeable/vendorable/ and un de-able.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMedic View Post
    Sorry partner, but I call BS on your numbers. And you say you were getting 3-4 pieces, PER WEEK? So that tells me you were most likely one of those asshats that was rolling on gear you didn't need, which is the primary reason Blizzard completely revamped the LFR loot system.
    he said he ran on 10 diff toons.... getting 3-4 pieces of loot isnt unreasonable.. vanquisher tokens dropped 95% of the time off bosses. mostly twice in a row.. ive gotten 3 diff tokens within 1 run on the old lfr.
    Last edited by casually; 2012-09-08 at 11:26 AM.

I kinda miss not being able to see what a boss drops

But i love now that all the loot drama is gone

No more ninjaing, no more begging from people who didnt win, no more going up against a raid made up entirely of guildies, no more waiting 5 mins for the loot to time it self out cause people left without rolling, no more feeling guilty cause you rolled need on a OS item, no more healers needing on caster gear, no more casters needing on healing gear etc etc etc

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    The players created a situation where this is needed. Don't blame Blizzard that people can't be honest.
    This 100%. I don't like the new system. That is probably becuase I can no longer help out my friends nor can they help me. Probably won't run the new ones more then a couple of times but I defiantly won't be farming LFR anymore on my alts. My guess is you will see less of the good players in there as well.

1. People complain endlessly about ninjas in LFR
    2. Devs add new system that makes ninja looting impossible
    3. Players complain about new system

Players amuse me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Basically all responsibility has been taken out of the hands of the players. The game sorts out loot, you focus on playing the game. Sure, situations like you describe will happen, but at the end of the day it's trying to improve the community by giving us one less thing to fight over.

What a true story, this is all our faults, since ppls are so bad, greedy and selfish bastrad

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    1. People complain endlessly about ninjas in LFR
    2. Devs add new system that makes ninja looting impossible
    3. Players complain about new system

Players amuse me
    the problem is not in our players.. but its in blizzard.. as a gaming company .. proly one of the biggest.. how could blizzard be blind to human emotions? greed+anonymity brings out the worst in people...

when blizzard devs were thinking of lfr.. were they actually thinking, "hey.. a need greed de system with 25 strangers might actually work!" "im sure no one will ninja loot just because they can hit need!" people are greedy by nature... even the most generous person would hit need if the button is lit.. .. their solution is piss poor. instead just make the need button greyed out if u already have the item.. dur... problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    the problem is not in our players.. but its in blizzard.. as a gaming company .. proly one of the biggest.. how could blizzard be blind to human emotions? greed+anonymity brings out the worst in people...

when blizzard devs were thinking of lfr.. were they actually thinking, "hey.. a need greed de system with 25 strangers might actually work!" "im sure no one will ninja loot just because they can hit need!" people are greedy by nature... even the most generous person would hit need if the button is lit.. .. their solution is piss poor. instead just make the need button greyed out if u already have the item.. dur... problem solved.
    fine ill bite.. they solved the problem with the new system. they tried to give the benefit of the doubt to players with the old system. we abused it. now its out of our hands, and the new system works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive done 8 LFr's on various ALTs now since the change and i havent won a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Ive done 8 LFr's on various ALTs now since the change and i havent won a thing.
    thats just bad luck. im sorry and i know the feeling, i went 17 weeks in norm, and heroic with my guild and didnt even see a hunter item drop, let alone getting a chance to roll on something. bad luck streaks happen.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    The worst thing about the new system is there's bugs they cant fix with GMs; my Shadow Priest got a healer trinket whilst under the DPS Role (Heart of Unliving on Deathwing) and someone else got my Will of Unbinding so they can't give me the right one nor him. All I got as a response was good luck getting the right trinket next time :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostpaladin View Post
    The worst thing about the new system is there's bugs they cant fix with GMs; my Shadow Priest got a healer trinket whilst under the DPS Role (Heart of Unliving on Deathwing) and someone else got my Will of Unbinding so they can't give me the right one nor him. All I got as a response was good luck getting the right trinket next time :/
    sorry but thats not a bug. it doesnt look at your spec, it looks at your class, your class could use the item albeit in a different spec. my resto druid got 2 trinks in one run.. only one could she use.