Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    sorry but thats not a bug. it doesnt look at your spec, it looks at your class, your class could use the item albeit in a different spec. my resto druid got 2 trinks in one run.. only one could she use.
    My bad, that's just beyond retarded then

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is not a complaint that is limited to LFR though. Not a bit. Stuff drops in dungeons all the time that I can't use. You move on. It's not a big deal.
    Yup, entire raiding of heroic DS, only seen 2 WoU drop, one went to me and another went to a lock who left shortly after, our poor spriest only just got his last week in a pug i ran on an alt.

We've done heroic spine about 30 times too, Resolve of undying is true to it's name... just won't go away always drops.

It is going to be nice not to have loot drama in LFR. It really is. However, I'm not sure that's why Blizzard has made this change. If nobody can trade gear that drops with another player then it takes all that much longer for people to level up. More time leveling up equals subscriptions payed longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostpaladin View Post
    The worst thing about the new system is there's bugs they cant fix with GMs; my Shadow Priest got a healer trinket whilst under the DPS Role (Heart of Unliving on Deathwing) and someone else got my Will of Unbinding so they can't give me the right one nor him. All I got as a response was good luck getting the right trinket next time :/

They didn't take your "Will of Unbinding". With this new system no one can take anyone's loot at all. Basically the system goes "Player A killed the boss". Player A will receive Will of Unbinding if roll is >50. Player B will receive Heart of Unliving if roll is <35. Granted the numbers aren't accurate, but it's an idea of how the system works as we don't know the roll parameters since you never see them.

Secondly, you were giving Heart of Unliving as you were a priest who could spec either roll. Under DS LFR loot system it just checks to see that you are a priest and then says you have these options of availability. Under MoP it should go under dps items as there will be more on the table.

For those who wish it was "smarter", it will never be smarter in terms of you have Item X so you can't get it. If that was the case you could game the system and make it so a piece drops no matter what. They don't want you to run LFR do boss B and know that if you win loot it will be Item C no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxShadow View Post
    It is going to be nice not to have loot drama in LFR. It really is. However, I'm not sure that's why Blizzard has made this change. If nobody can trade gear that drops with another player then it takes all that much longer for people to level up. More time leveling up equals subscriptions payed longer.
    i kinda see your point, and if we hadnt been so selfish with the old loot system we wouldnt be in this position. its not about paying longer to me. its simply we tried to game the old system, and now we cant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorsal View Post
    The item didn't drop and then automatically go to your friend, your friend won a roll and the system decided to give him that item. It would be nice if they made a smarter system that wouldn't give you an item you already had, though I imagine they'll work up to it eventually. But I'll take the new system over the heroic geared jerk rolling on everything and lol'ing about taking gear from people who could actually use it.
    They've quite categorically stated that they won't make a system like that. They want it to be a random chance at an item that you need, not a guarrantee. LFR is supposed to be an alternative option of gearing, not a fast-track to epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorsal View Post
    The item didn't drop and then automatically go to your friend, your friend won a roll and the system decided to give him that item. It would be nice if they made a smarter system that wouldn't give you an item you already had, though I imagine they'll work up to it eventually. But I'll take the new system over the heroic geared jerk rolling on everything and lol'ing about taking gear from people who could actually use it.
    GC has stated emphatically that they will not be doing it where you don´t get an item you already have. The purpose of this new system is NOT to make you get gear more efficiently or at a faster pace. The system is designed to get rid of the social aspect of loot rolls in LFR where there is very little social aspect to the group.

i kinda see your point, and if we hadnt been so selfish with the old loot system we wouldnt be in this position. its not about paying longer to me. its simply we tried to game the old system, and now we cant.
    I don't think it has anything to do with the players being selfish or generous. In my own experience (and of course anyone's individual experiences vary greatly) when I've seen loot drop for someone that doesn't actually need it, more often than not they will give it up to someone that has greater use for it. In the end, players are going to do what they do within the confines of whatever system Blizzard sets up so the supposed need for a drama-free loot system is not at all the fault of the player base.

The new system forces a longer gearing process. This is because in the old system the boss dropped a certain number of pieces of loot, and it was possible and fairly common to redistribute the loot that dropped. Now you get what you get, and that's final. So figure almost twice as long to get "geared" unless Blizzard simply increases the overall amount of loot that drops per boss to compensate for our new lack of redistribution. However, that's unlikely since the new system forces players to do the same bosses more times to get the same results (given the same number of drops per boss kill) and will result in more continued subscriptions.

I don't think it has anything to do with the players being selfish or generous. In my own experience (and of course anyone's individual experiences vary greatly) when I've seen loot drop for someone that doesn't actually need it, more often than not they will give it up to someone that has greater use for it. In the end, players are going to do what they do within the confines of whatever system Blizzard sets up so the supposed need for a drama-free loot system is not at all the fault of the player base.

The new system forces a longer gearing process. This is because in the old system the boss dropped a certain number of pieces of loot, and it was possible and fairly common to redistribute the loot that dropped. Now you get what you get, and that's final. So figure almost twice as long to get "geared" unless Blizzard simply increases the overall amount of loot that drops per boss to compensate for our new lack of redistribution. However, that's unlikely since the new system forces players to do the same bosses more times to get the same results (given the same number of drops per boss kill) and will result in more continued subscriptions.
    People clear LFR the first day it's out. A "longer gearing process"? Please.

Your misc alt or casual one-LFR-a-week player has a long gearing process? God forbid.

I only dislike the LFR loot mechanic because of transmog capability. Maybe I want my hunter decked in shaman gear?

its true that players are selfish and greedy.. but a need/greed/de system with 24 strangers you wont ever meet again just doesnt work. its bound to happen that you will get assholes that need stuff they shouldnt.. or just because they want to grief people. blizzard just isnt smart enough to see that anonyminity will bring out the worst in people. they never learned how to fix their system.. i would be fine if i lost the roll of an item to someone who truely needs it. but running 3 diff toons over lfr and having no drops its just fail.

I don't play wow anymore but I have to say this is a good change, will cut out a lot of the QQ and also great for the new younger playerbase that blizzard is aiming at, makes it easier for everybody.

This is the one time I am agreeing dumbing down the game is beneficial in this regard. I am sure in about 2 expacs time you might have a auto pilot mode where the AI plays for you while you fetch a drink.

Deleted
    The new system forces a longer gearing process. This is because in the old system the boss dropped a certain number of pieces of loot, and it was possible and fairly common to redistribute the loot that dropped. Now you get what you get, and that's final. So figure almost twice as long to get "geared" unless Blizzard simply increases the overall amount of loot that drops per boss to compensate for our new lack of redistribution.
    Getting 5 random pieces of loot from a boss or 5 people winning random loot per boss is not different. The new way will not make it longer to get geared. It will of course if you run with your guild and have them steal all the rolls from non-guildies who need stuff, only to give all that loot to you, but that's exactly why this system is here.

I've been running LFR with a druid alt and haven't gotten loot in weeks, because some heroic geared douchebag would roll need and decide my dps is too low to 'deserve' gear (yes, it is low because I lack gear, so lets vendor the gear that drops for me...).

BTW, it's also possible 10 people will get loot from a boss, or even 25 (very small chance, but it does exist), or 0, but on average it will be the same as it was before.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tamda View Post
    I only dislike the LFR loot mechanic because of transmog capability. Maybe I want my hunter decked in shaman gear?
    And how could you have needed on shaman gear before?

Deleted
    Why don't they just mail you a bag every week with random LFR loot? I mean it's not fun to have to do LFR with 24 random idiots when you've already done it a million times. It's a quality of life improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by zeophor View Post
    Why don't they just mail you a bag every week with random LFR loot? I mean it's not fun to have to do LFR with 24 random idiots when you've already done it a million times. It's a quality of life improvement.
    I fail to even see what point you're trying to make. LFR isn't that fun, no one is arguing that?

People wanted to 'see the content'. Well, here you go, something you can clear the first day it is released and do over and over again until you're blue in the face. I hope you feel accomplished when you clear it each week, and enjoy the rich, vivid story.

I read in another thread that the drop rate in LFR is 15%. Shouldnt it be 20% to match other 25 man raids?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dexx View Post
    I read in another thread that the drop rate in LFR is 15%. Shouldnt it be 20% to match other 25 man raids?
    It's not stated as 15% that was a guess. It's LFR the drop rate doesn't have to match anything else. Loot WILL drop in 10/25man at the amounts of loot specified per boss example. 6 items. In LFR loot amounts dropped varies by the amount of people the game rolls them into the drop %.

Does anyone know the proportion which you need to beat to get loot?

Ie what fraction of the time do you get loot?

i run LFR with 5 chars weekly , i've not seen a tier token since the new system is in place , nor something from the random loot table for that matter.

for my pala who i dusted off after 5.0 and missing every tier13 piece it's kinda a joke lol

Also on 3 out of the 5 i got nothing but the bags in the past 2 resets
    Last edited by FluFF; 2012-09-12 at 12:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yeah, right your lock is ilevel 389 and you go LFR for gear - I call that bs - if you want gear with that ilevel you go ds normal or bh but not lfr....
    my ilvl is 408, i still go to lfr for loot...shared loot trinkets is a bitch...