10+ Year Old Account

Retri pvp 1 vs 1 so powerful

Hey everyone ok I did some intensive testing in pvp bgs + duels as retri and I have to admits it with our wings undispellable or unstealable anymore + clemency +LAotL + burden of guilt + selfless healer + flash of light glyph that increase the healing of it 10% when used to the target and with WoG having only 1.5 cd we are almost immortal in pvp specially 1 vs 1 situation.

To be honest with you guys I'm not trying to be negative or paranoid but I smell some nerfs when MoP launch because at the moment Retri is reminding me of the pre Wotlk and the end of TBC when we were super power ranger OP.

Discuss please and thanks for reading.

did a bit of dueling and I got to say. I love it. I dueled some mages and well... I shit on them. hunters are also not a problem anymore it seems(or I just dueled retards only).
    feral druids on the other hand, I hope the healing they put out is less in MoP because I seriously couldn't kill the one I was dueling. I would get GG cloned all the time and he would top himself in 1 second every time.
    Last edited by gildra; 2012-08-30 at 10:39 AM.

we are powerful because we survive long enough that our not so good damage is enough to kill other dds.i only had problem with rogue killing me in stunlock. maybe wog/flash light wont me as good as it is now on lvl 90 cause of the hugh base healing component.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone ok I did some intensive testing in pvp bgs + duels as retri and I have to admits it with our wings undispellable or unstealable anymore + clemency +LAotL + burden of guilt + selfless healer + flash of light glyph that increase the healing of it 10% when used to the target and with WoG having only 1.5 cd we are almost immortal in pvp specially 1 vs 1 situation.

To be honest with you guys I'm not trying to be negative or paranoid but I smell some nerfs when MoP launch because at the moment Retri is reminding me of the pre Wotlk and the end of TBC when we were super power ranger OP.

Getting conclussions on lvl85 with changes that are in mind for lvl90 means nothing. It always happens the same, some classes get OP with the next Xpac changes, but once they get to the new max. lvl, they "normalize" or even get underpowered. On ret paladins thats nothing new, i dont know how there is still people who surprises with this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    Getting conclussions on lvl85 with changes that are in mind for lvl90 means nothing. It always happens the same, some classes get OP with the next Xpac changes, but once they get to the new max. lvl, they "normalize" or even get underpowered. On ret paladins thats nothing new, i dont know how there is still people who surprises with this
    I'm not surprised I know that but still I'm not jumping to conclusion I'm just analyzing what is retri condition at the moment in pvp because as I said to me at least in duels and bgs they are so similar to pre wotlk and the end of TBC we have the burst but this time we have a lot of tools like double the use of hands +WoG and instant FoL when doing judgement and of course official slow the burden of guilt.

Deleted
    as a mage(fire).. ive dueled a few 2.5k + rets and they gave me some problems but if u force trinket, then frostjaw he is pretty much dead if he doesnt use his bubble, its pretty simple to beat a ret. ferals on the other hand have a lot more control and survival, but still i havent found any melee that gives me problems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsod View Post
    maybe wog/flash light wont me as good as it is now on lvl 90 cause of the hugh base healing component.
    they are not indeed

Deleted

I agree that we are pretty powerful atm.

but first of all this is far from pre WoTLK.. we were just stupid at that point..

Second: This game is NOT balanced around 1v1.. so whatever you experience in a duel or whatever that is 1v1, is totally invalid.

Third duels and open BGs is the worst way to compare classes, you won't have any pillars. This can both have + and - for all classes and it's a big deal in Arena to have pillars.

It should be more balanced at level 90, since ALL the testing was done mostly at level 90....

The nerfs would have been here already if there was 1 class that was Overpowered compared to all other classes (in blizzard's eyes). JUST LIKE the Pre-WoTLK Ret that was hotfixed pretty damn quick..
    Last edited by mmoc1dea7d20e3; 2012-08-30 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    I agree that we are pretty powerful atm.

but first of all this is far from pre WoTLK.. we were just stupid at that point..

Second: This game is NOT balanced around 1v1.. so whatever you experience in a duel or whatever that is 1v1, is totally invalid.

Third duels and open BGs is the worst way to compare classes, you won't have any pillars. This can both have + and - for all classes and it's a big deal in Arena to have pillars.

It should be more balanced at level 90, since ALL the testing was done mostly at level 90....

The nerfs would have been here already if there was 1 class that was Overpowered compared to all other classes (in blizzard's eyes). JUST LIKE the Pre-WoTLK Ret that was hotfixed pretty damn quick..

Yeah I know very well that this game is not about 1 vs 1 since we have other games which are perfectly balanced in 1 vs 1 (Mortal Kombat, Tekken and etc etc..)

I agree with you that duels and normal bgs are not the best way to compare but I'm just analyzing the situation of the retri because the people I dueled with were not weak or unskilled they were at least 2.4+ rating experience. When I see myself healing my own paladin for instant 101k+ flash of light then WoG with 3 holy power combo with more than 60k+ heal immediatly after then yes I tell myself wow I'm immortal :P
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-08-30 at 02:57 PM.

Deleted
    When I see myself healing my own paladin for instant 101k+ flash of light then WoG with 3 holy power combo with more than 60k+ heal immediatly after then yes I tell myself wow I'm immortal :P

The base healing is just too much atm. it will even out in level 90

It's just the same as Hammer of Wrath pre-Cata.. Where the base damage got buffed like 300%.. and we could nearly oneshot people by just popping wings + Hammer of Wrath
    Last edited by mmoc1dea7d20e3; 2012-08-30 at 03:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmo_lol View Post
    The base healing is just too much atm. it will even out in level 90

It's just the same as Hammer of Wrath pre-Cata.. Where the base damage got buffed like 300%.. and we could nearly oneshot people by just popping wings + Hammer of Wrath

I agree indeed, I'm just happy as long as finally our wings is undispellable or stealable or purgable we all have been waiting for this for years hehe.

Don't get excited, it won't happen when paladins reach max level in mop

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by gilfer View Post
    did a bit of dueling and I got to say. I love it. I dueled some mages and well... I shit on them. hunters are also not a problem anymore it seems(or I just dueled retards only).
    feral druids on the other hand, I hope the healing they put out is less in MoP because I seriously couldn't kill the one I was dueling. I would get GG cloned all the time and he would top himself in 1 second every time.
    you duelled retards.

duel a bm hunter with a brain and you'll be dead before you can even get 3 holy power lol

I didn't like fighting paladins @85 on beta as a warrior but @90 they were easy so don't hold your breath
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

PVP wise its good in its place ( as survivability ) , PVE wise ! well somes are complaining for the DMG reduction , Ret pala DMGs out cds got nerfed again u can say nearly to the first patch of Cata Expansion , when ret struggle with his DMG , we didnt see this coming coz i think they were testing Ret @ lvl 90 that increased only by 5%
    Not good major glyphs , Templar not hitting hard ( and i hate the new animation ) only Wings and wich is now on 3 min cooldown ... as a conclusion No Retri is not powerfull its just solid

I play a Ret Pally on the Beta at lvl 90.

Trust me once you hit 90, you will realise we aren't as strong as we are at 85. we have good survival, but nowhere near "immortal"
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

heh , maybe its a sarcasme or whatever but seeing some guilds asking Rets to change the spec or they are out of the raid group makes me sick

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    heh , maybe its a sarcasme or whatever but seeing some guilds asking Rets to change the spec or they are out of the raid group makes me sick
    Rather short sighted of the said guild, considering that this expan is almost over and 35% nerf... Feel sorry for the chaps who are facing the cull.

the reason is 35 % nerf cz some of our core mechanic EX : divine purpose , this Talent should be availabe and passive not a talent to choose loosing Holy avenger for it or Avenging wrath , its a proc as it was before , if DP was passive @ least ull see a boost for 5 % of the dmg and replace DP talent it with anything else , like Ex: GOA reduce the cool down to 3 min , sigh i dont know what to say

Healing is wonky atm. It's way too powerful for level 85.

I also think that Emancipate needs to be able to be used during silences.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-08-30 at 06:00 PM.