Thread: Pickpocket fun!

Pickpocket fun!

Might as well start the thread!

Mod Edit: please use thumbnails.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2012-08-30 at 07:40 AM.

Last edited by Ryme; 2012-08-30 at 08:15 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Half the stuff I try doesnt have pockets anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Half the stuff I try doesnt have pockets anymore
    '
    Yeah, I'm running into that too qq

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    <snip Uldam mobs>
    A thread where I a pic of this happening as well showed it wasn't the new rogue glyph causing this. Something buggy with the Potion of Illusion or something was to blame. Players in the picture from this thread are seen having mana and the player's cursor is hovered over a Belf paladin that has been transformed as well. So yeah, not any sort of pick-pocket madness. The mobs are considered Giants, not humanoids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    A thread where I a pic of this happening as well showed it wasn't the new rogue glyph causing this. Something buggy with the Potion of Illusion or something was to blame. Players in the picture from this thread are seen having mana and the player's cursor is hovered over a Belf paladin that has been transformed as well. So yeah, not any sort of pick-pocket madness. The mobs are considered Giants, not humanoids.
    Nope, that's actually me starting it in this picture. It's simply that you can use potion of illusion on a rogue that has the buff up and occasionally you'll get the same appearance.

The mob in question is in Uldum, between Neferset and Cradle of the Ancients. It's an 84+ mob, Humanoid. I believe they're only there if you haven't finished the questline that involves them though.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 02:03 PM ----------

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=48548/immortal-colossus

There he is Careful though, he aggros instantly and will swing for you when you pickpocket him, just sprint or vanish away to keep the disguise.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 02:33 PM ----------

Hah! They've been hotfixed, they're now immune to being pickpocketed.
    I am the lucid dream

Scared to reply in these threads,, it's like giving Blizzard a list of all of the mobs that they should be nerfing.

It's a real shame as, daft as it is, people really won't be doing this stuff much, it doesn't hurt anyone, so nerfing all the larger mobs seems unnecesarily overzealous.

BTW, That Enlarging hat from the Vrykul Archaology can be used when you're transformed, so you can make your creature EVEN BIGGER!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Scared to reply in these threads,, it's like giving Blizzard a list of all of the mobs that they should be nerfing.

It's a real shame as, daft as it is, people really won't be doing this stuff much, it doesn't hurt anyone, so nerfing all the larger mobs seems unnecesarily overzealous.

BTW, That Enlarging hat from the Vrykul Archaology can be used when you're transformed, so you can make your creature EVEN BIGGER!
    For people with low end pc's yes it does hurt. I'm not one of them but I could understand the fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    For people with low end pc's yes it does hurt. I'm not one of them but I could understand the fix.
    Bigger npcs don't put a bigger strain on your gpu. It's polygon count that matters-not size. Bigger npcs are only smaller ones scaled up. The polygon count is the same, they're just bigger. It doesn't increase the load on the GPU any more than seeing a normal sized npc of the same type.

1 goblin player will stress your GPU more than the snake from zul'drak (goblins have more polygons).
    Last edited by shadowboy; 2012-08-30 at 03:45 PM.

Deleted
    Lots of things without pockets now, but I have had some fun with the big crab, second boss in Slave Pens and the Giant troll berserkers in ZG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Nope, that's actually me starting it in this picture. It's simply that you can use potion of illusion on a rogue that has the buff up and occasionally you'll get the same appearance.

The mob in question is in Uldum, between Neferset and Cradle of the Ancients. It's an 84+ mob, Humanoid. I believe they're only there if you haven't finished the questline that involves them though.[COLOR="red"]

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 02:03 PM ----------

=http://i.imgur.com/lMbXa.jpg][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lMbXal.jpg

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=48548/immortal-colossus

There he is Careful though, he aggros instantly and will swing for you when you pickpocket him, just sprint or vanish away to keep the disguise.

---------- Post added 2012-08-30 at 02:33 PM ----------

Hah! They've been hotfixed, they're now immune to being pickpocketed.
    Not working anymore

I'm there now and I dont even get an error that the target is in combat or that it doesn't have any pockets also I don't get hit what so ever.
    Last edited by soliddevil; 2012-08-31 at 12:59 AM.

I don't have screenshots, but there are a few mobs I've found that were pretty fun.

Cho'war the Pillager
    Giselda the Crone (Shadowdance pickpocket after she transforms)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I don't have screenshots, but there are a few mobs I've found that were pretty fun.

Cho'war the Pillager
    Giselda the Crone (Shadowdance pickpocket after she transforms)
    Finally ones that work (for now)

I really blizzard would give a hotfix list. Not even for pickpocket mob fix.

I did it to a naga, and it really makes me want to have naga as a playable race.

Deleted
    So, am I the only one who thinks that it should last for at least half an hour and we should be able to mount while in another form? I mean, Druids can do it, why shouldn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    So, am I the only one who thinks that it should last for at least half an hour and we should be able to mount while in another form? I mean, Druids can do it, why shouldn't we?
    I agree it should be for longer, but not for the mounting. It would be great to be able to mount, hilarious in some cases, but in others, it looks downright stupid and apparently can cause some significant issues.
    I am the lucid dream