Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Man sales are slow at mo, but a lot of competition.

50k so far. Got tons of glyphs and inks on ready every moment.
    On my server there is one retarded person who is 24/7 online undercutting all the scribes. I cant have my glyphs even 30 seconds to be on the top sale. The same person automatically undercuts me.
    I want him dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihnida View Post
    On my server there is one retarded person who is 24/7 online undercutting all the scribes. I cant have my glyphs even 30 seconds to be on the top sale. The same person automatically undercuts me.
    I want him dead.
    Maybe a bot?

I sold glyphs for about 80 - 90K gold during the first couple of day, but now the glyphsprices are down to <40 gold a glyph i most cases so I have stopped selling and instead saving my glyphs for part 2 of glyphas, which I believe will start with the new expansion, when the ink-trading of cattaherbs stops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    i meant from me...requiring me to buy glyphs for 600gold a piece for 16 characters wasn't very nice...i hope they burn in hell...
    Noone is forcing you to buy all glyphs for 16 chars, and levling inscription is easy.
    I just buy the glyphs i use.

OT: only 5k or something, i dont play the AH like before.

Deleted
    got 3000 inks and made 100k since 5.0

10+ Year Old Account
    143k so far on sha'tar - eu. Sales have slowed down drastically though... Not complaining - will save some inks now for pandaland. First week was delicious - everything I posted for 500g sold nicely! Prices have dropped to below 50g now so I am not even bothering to compete

Quote Originally Posted by Lihnida View Post
    I want him dead.
    Same as on mine (Wildhammer - EU), pretty much within a few minutes.

Going to stockpile Monk glyphs ready for launch

I have been milking the inflation of the glyphs since 5.04 launched and I've made around 28k thus far. People are paying upwards of 500g for each glyph on my realm. It will be short lived however.

lucky warlocks didn't get any new glpyhs (had all pre 504 and still got all) didn't made a lot, since on my server the gold prices pretty fast went downhill again.
    good thing i didn't have that many glpyhs prepared or anything

edit: i don't get how people actualy buy 1 glpyh for 500g+ .. don't they have like friends or guildis that they can ask? geez
    Last edited by darkminaz; 2012-09-10 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    16k up till now, only posted 3 batches of glyphs, easy money only took 10 minutes to list now it's just post once a day and watch the money raining into my pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Why did you "have to" crash the market?
    3 bots use the AH on my server (as well as normal competing players which I have no problems with).
    Glyphs cost around 35-40g to make (on my server/faction), so I crashed it to 40g to buy all their stock, then relisted it.

The bots were gone for about 8 days.

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Noone is forcing you to buy all glyphs for 16 chars, and levling inscription is easy.
    I just buy the glyphs i use.

OT: only 5k or something, i dont play the AH like before.
    Yet when people post for more reasonable prices you see whiners in the thread go crazy complaining. 60-100 is a reasonable glyph price. 200 if it's rare and in demand, above that is just excessive. I've made zero gold (just logged on in fact) as I had to update my English client from inside of China (big download, slow speed).

I've made 60k since patch 5.0.4 was launched. I have every glyph learned on my scribe and post usually 5-10 times per day. There is only one other player that camps the AH other than myself. We undercut each other by 1 copper.

The reason why we haven't made a lot of gold is due to low demand. The supply of glyphs was too high for the demand. I'm really hoping that there will be a rush of new players and old players that renew their subscription and need to buy glyphs. I am still liquidating my old stock of glyphs and it will probably last a few months into MoP.

The next strategy I have to make gold will be to make Monk Glyphs. That is a guaranteed gold maker. There will be two booms in sales. One will be as soon as the first wave of pandas hit lvl 25, and onwards. And then there will be a rush of players who are done levelling their alts and make new panda alts. The increase demand should last the first month of MoP and then settle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kbmxx View Post
    I've made 60k since patch 5.0.4 was launched. I have every glyph learned on my scribe and post usually 5-10 times per day. There is only one other player that camps the AH other than myself. We undercut each other by 1 copper.

The reason why we haven't made a lot of gold is due to low demand. The supply of glyphs was too high for the demand. I'm really hoping that there will be a rush of new players and old players that renew their subscription and need to buy glyphs. I am still liquidating my old stock of glyphs and it will probably last a few months into MoP.

The next strategy I have to make gold will be to make Monk Glyphs. That is a guaranteed gold maker. There will be two booms in sales. One will be as soon as the first wave of pandas hit lvl 25, and onwards. And then there will be a rush of players who are done levelling their alts and make new panda alts. The increase demand should last the first month of MoP and then settle.

It is really going to hurt when all the new and returnee inscriptors come online. Everyone has the same idea about supplying monk glyphs.

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    It is really going to hurt when all the new and returnee inscriptors come online. Everyone has the same idea about supplying monk glyphs.
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like i need to get on my hunter and start sellin glyphs

So, I finally sold off the rest of my premade glyph stock. Grand total of 140k since patch 5.0.4.

Now I'm just stockpiling Monk glyphs for Day One of MoP. Going to buy out all the competition and relist theirs plus mine for 500g+ per glyph on a second account while I level. Unless someone beats me to the relisting first in which case I'll just put mine up for cheaper. Either way, big profits.

i made about 12k because of this 3 idiots who tried to play with the market by posting ultra low prices for the most demanded glyphs.

They were trying to drive prices down so they would mass buy everything and then sell them for the high price. Morons dont know how that trick works.

You cant do that for an item with high friction (heavily demanded, being bought at high speeds).

they would instantly replace their bought glyphs (i bought their glyphs a dozen times and marked it up, from what i could tell, the others were doing this too but the low prices kept replacing their glyphs at a low price in a very stubborn fashion).

What this ended up doing was people were getting their glyphs ultra cheap and these guys would replace them after a short while to keep trying to drive prices down. But demand was so high that their low price glyphs were getting bought up quickly and then the higher price glyphs were getting bought up till the 3 lowpricers put in their cheap priced glyphs again, and the process would reoccur in an instant.

I even saw them complaining about how they hadnt made as much money as they wanted and people were lying about glyphs being great sellers.

IDIOTS. you werent trying to sell them, you were trying to trick the market without knowing how this stuff works. You only ended up selling your glyphs at 10% the price (literally) making a tiny amount of G and you reduced the profits of everyone else on the server, though we atleast made oodles more than YOU did.

Shmucks.

A bit disappointed that I didn't log on to sell my stash. I made 20 of each glyph in preparation of MOP and had some inks saved but have sort of quit playing WOW. Feel a bit bad about wasting all of the work and the other stuff I saved but I suppose that's life.