5.0.4 Destruction Question- Scalr factors mostly

I have a few question about the recent changes to destruction.

i ran simms and my scale factors are as follows :
    Int SP Hit Crit Haste Mastery
    4.72 3.45 4.00 2.76 2.44 2.96

Should i be reforging everything into Mastery?

I've been reading the forums here and it recommends going Haste>Crit=mastery. Yet these simms are clearly showing going Mastery>Crit>haste.

Also is there a minimum threshold for haste that's still relevant? Do i just simply have to much haste? Do i not have enough crit?
    Is Using GoSac over GoSupremacy still the best viable option?

Armory link provided: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ombre/advanced

Thank you kindly if you can answer any of the questions.
    Last edited by Otrov; 2012-08-30 at 04:01 PM.

It's just because you have so little mastery

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice guide located at the top of these warlock forums.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Week-Gear-List

As far as exact sim numbers I wouldn't stress to much about it. Not yet at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumathos View Post
    It's just because you have so little mastery
    So again the question remains, should i reforge most of my stats to mastery?
    Is loosing 4-5% haste worth gaining more mastery?
    Where are the cut offs so to speak?
    Last edited by Otrov; 2012-08-30 at 06:43 PM.

Hi!

As a fellow Destro user i would recommend to just wait for the release and gear updates that will come in MoP, at the current state i feel like haste is more entertaining due to the mana regen is increased by your haste, your casting time on spells are reduced by it and since the biggest hits/crits come from chaos bolt(which now has a high casting time) i do feel haste is better.
    Just my opinion

Deleted
    I'm aware you're inquiring about PvE, however irrelevant this may be, for PvP Mastery and Crit (in that order) are absolutely essential.

Most of the time you're using Felflame, immolate's extra tick isn't necessary and you're only really using incinerate with backdraft up when you've breathing room.

In addition, once reforged to Mastery, my Chaosbolts (on full cata resi targets) went up from on average 60k to consistantly the 90~100k region. (With darksoul/trinket).

However, back to PvE, I also value mastery very high since i'm running with Grimoire of Sacrifice, where it scales much better than with supremacy.
    Last edited by mmoc06ca072631; 2012-09-02 at 11:21 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    im stacking haste and crit and it has been working great for me
    i have some mastery around 35% and thats just from mastery i have on rest of my gear
    but haste and crit stacking burst and sustained damage potential is kinda insane if u think about it

I've always stacked haste (22% unbuffed before 5.0.4 came out) (and as destro of course), then worked on crit and mastery. It seems to have worked a charm, and still works a charm at the moment seeing as Incinerate is one of our primary spells.
    I would say keep haste as it is (or get more without losing other stats). I think roughly about 22-24% unbuffed is about right isn't it?

I have reforged like this for now:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arlax/advanced

Haste needs to be 2021 at the very least in order to hit that extra immolate tick (don't know if we really need that). With this amount of haste all my secondary attributes have the same weighting. Chaos bolts hit from 120k to 170k (in dungeons will test ds on Wednesday) and for me to go oom I need to spam incinerate for a really long time ( way after I have 4 embers).
    Last edited by Bidis; 2012-09-03 at 12:40 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    im now sitting around around 2150 haste
    reforged rest to crit and mastery when i wasnt able to get anymore crit
    im now around 1.1 sec cast under backdraft and heroic insignia proc
    with 5% haste buff from a raid it feels right where i should be
    before i was at 2690 haste and it just felt like it was too much
    but now im over the GCD cap and not running outta mana and my spells r hitting alot harder

Quote Originally Posted by Evillocksp View Post
    im now sitting around around 2150 haste
    reforged rest to crit and mastery when i wasnt able to get anymore crit
    im now around 1.1 sec cast under backdraft and heroic insignia proc
    with 5% haste buff from a raid it feels right where i should be
    before i was at 2690 haste and it just felt like it was too much
    but now im over the GCD cap and not running outta mana and my spells r hitting alot harder
    I just reforged everything mastery to see how the simms would handle it and compared it to the BIS T13H gear simms. Turns out the T13H simms for destruction almost all converge on all the scale factors being equal. So i set my haste to be around 2050, set up the scale factors and made sure crit=mastery.

This was such a huge improvement, i never went oom while having a constant 2-4 Embers to burn on Chaos bolts to sustain my mana. Incinerate was around 1.1-1.15s constant cast times with Insignia up and Backdraft. This seems to work for me, i noticed much better damage due to the higher master/crit ratings that were reforged.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ombre/advanced

I had a fellow warlock on my server give me this spreadsheet, and I hope it helps you! I am sitting a little above the 3051 threshold for the 7th tick on Immolate, and it is working out pretty good for me!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZC1KekE#gid=13