Transition from 10 to 25 man raid

Whats the transition like going from a 10 man raid team to 25?
    Are there usually 6 or 7 Healers or are there less in MoP?

Any tips tricks or anything that you find useful in 25s that wouldnt be useful in 10s.

(1) The amount of healers will be dependent on the fight like in 10 man some fights require 2 some require 3.
    (2)something you will have to get accustomed to is just learning how the other healers heal. Who they heal first how they heal stuff that happens in 10 mans also.
    (3)this one isn't a playing issue but make sure your PC is up to snuff. Sitting at 10 or 15 frames in a 25 man could be a big issue.
    (4)if the Guild is serious your spot could be under fire any day if you are not performing more of a top 100 Guild thing.
    (5)Make sure your UI is usable/efficient to you with 25 people on the screen instead of 10.

That is all i can think of atm hope that helps.
    Last edited by BowwJob; 2012-08-30 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BowwJob View Post
    (1) The amount of healers will be dependent on the fight like in 10 man some fights require 2 some require 3.
    (2)something you will have to get accustomed to is just learning how the other healers heal. Who they heal first how they heal stuff that happens in 10 mans also.
    (3)this one isn't a playing issue but make sure your PC is up to snuff. Sitting at 10 or 15 frames in a 25 man could be a big issue.
    (4)if the Guild is serious your spot could be under fire any day if you are not performing more of a top 100 Guild thing.
    (5)Make sure your UI is usable/efficient to you with 25 people on the screen instead of 10.

That is all i can think of atm hope that helps.
    Is healing more or less a free for all or is Assigning groups a thing?

Ive been given lead of the healers and any Help around that is appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akool View Post

Ive been given lead of the healers and any Help around that is appreciated.
    Again it depends on the fight, you can have encounters like Chimaeron, Atramedes, Allysrazor, Nefarian where healing assignements are very specific and fight like ultraxion where things are more lose and you focus on output and mana management for when the damage is expected to spike, after just assigning the order of chaining damage mitigation and healing cds.

If you lead the healers in 25, in depth knowledge of fight mechanics, healing classes pros and cons, and your team's potentials on the individual level is required.

GL
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2012-08-30 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akool View Post
    You are on the safer side assigning most if not all groups and targets in the beginning. There will be some encounters that you can go FFA or partially FFA on but you will probably also notice when you come across them.

You're usually looking at 5-7 healers per fight, with 4 and 8 in some very specific cases. These numbers vary a lot more if you are actively raiding heroic content. During farm it may be even possible to drop below 4 if you and the raid want to push it.

10-man and 25-man can end up being very different to heal. If you have never raided 25-man, it might take few runs to get used to.

Rotating cooldowns with the healers and the tanks is something very relevant in 25-mans, especially on heroic content.

You might also need to adjust your raid frames and it helps if all the healers have the groups sorted in a similar fashion. This can occasionally help with assigning things. I wouldn't consider this very high priority, but it's worth keeping in mind.

I´m not sure how this will turn out in MOP. In Cata i started raiding with a 10 man raid (always raided 25 before), and in the mid of the first Raidtier i couldnt stand it and switched back to a 25 man raid.

I´m just a damage dealer, but still i noticed a change in the healing department.
    Whenever there was major damage incoming to the whole raid, my 10 man raid was struggeling, while in the 25 man raid we just gathered in one place and had massive AOE heals keep us up. That worked even to a point where standing together increased the incoming damage and still suceeded.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Whenever there was major damage incoming to the whole raid, my 10 man raid was struggeling, while in the 25 man raid we just gathered in one place and had massive AOE heals keep us up. That worked even to a point where standing together increased the incoming damage and still suceeded.
    AoE healing in combination with cooldowns is very powerful indeed. It is still worth noting that on some encounters the damage to the raid can be even twice that of the 10-man equivalent in which case this is practically required.